Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want to be another type?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I won't. I'm going to "prove" it, it will be fun. You said "you're raising a vacuous distinction." This is true, but only when you look at my question from a Ti-perspective on things. But there are also other perspectives to things, e.g. Fe, Fi, Ne, Ni, Te, Si and Se perspectives. You take my question "Would you want to be another type?", process it only by means of a Ti filter and apparently reach the conclusion that it is an invalid question. Now that's pretty autistic in my dictionary.

But I'm willing to soften my statement: lets just say you're narrow-minded.
    people like you always wishfully think their way into expecting their opposition to be simple-minded when the reality is they see a plethora of nuances as to how you are wrong. unlearn that habit and stop echoing this disgrace of an exchange with anti-realist socionics-inspired tripe.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Se leading types do seem very cool.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You sound like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory: you're not just anal, but also autistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i scored almost 0 on the last autism test i did.
    lol, this is just too good.

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people like you always wishfully think their way into expecting their opposition to be simple-minded when the reality is they see a plethora of nuances as to how you are wrong. unlearn that habit and stop echoing this disgrace of an exchange with anti-realist socionics-inspired tripe.
    This is nonsense. I repeat, my question was "Would you want to be another type?", and you said it's premise was wrong, that it raises a "vacuous distinction". I think a demonstrated quite eloquently that your statements only make sense in a Ti universe. You are refusing obstinately to accept that there are other ways to pick up the question and do something with it. When I point this out to you, you start saying things such as "disgrace of an exchange" and "anti-realist socionics-inspired tripe". Sound to me that you are "wild om je heen slaan". Speaking of bad habits.

By the way: one can not "unlearn" habits, one can only learn new, better habits and hope these will become dominant to the bad ones someday. "Unlearning bad habits" is a false premise.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    lol, this is just too good.

Fantastic: "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested!"
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not that i think esxps are cool, its that theY seem like they don't have to deal with anxiety. at least the sle's i know don't. and that's something i would kill to experience. i mean i have mY states where i don't give a fuck, but i usuallY have to get mYself fucked up to reach that point, and it'd be nice to experience sobrietY for an hour without being bombarded with horrible anxiety. this is more true with sles imo. the see's i know still have issues with caring too much what people think, despite how they come across to most people
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    kassie marked post as anal
    Now I'm curious: how is my post anal? Elaborate.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think I would want to be another type, maybe for a week a Sensor type of some sort.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Now I'm curious: how is my post anal? Elaborate.
    he gave his answer to your question and you're trying to get him to stuff his perception completely into your terms.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not want to be anouther type, but I wish I had the greater self-understanding that socionics provides earlier in life. I had a conflictor relation with my older brother, I wish I knew what to do about it earlier.

I like being me.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to use my type as a crutch to excuse for my personal problems.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    it's not that i think esxps are cool, its that theY seem like they don't have to deal with anxiety. at least the sle's i know don't. and that's something i would kill to experience. i mean i have mY states where i don't give a fuck, but i usuallY have to get mYself fucked up to reach that point, and it'd be nice to experience sobrietY for an hour without being bombarded with horrible anxiety. this is more true with sles imo. the see's i know still have issues with caring too much what people think, despite how they come across to most people
    Hmm, well I have anxiety (had the worst type of anxiety the majority of my childhood to mid teens because I was so different and was treated badly by everyone) just like everybody else... and I most definitely do care about what others think, to a certain extent. But maybe that's just me...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is nonsense. I repeat, my question was "Would you want to be another type?", and you said it's premise was wrong, that it raises a "vacuous distinction". I think a demonstrated quite eloquently that your statements only make sense in a Ti universe. You are refusing obstinately to accept that there are other ways to pick up the question and do something with it. When I point this out to you, you start saying things such as "disgrace of an exchange" and "anti-realist socionics-inspired tripe". Sound to me that you are "wild om je heen slaan". Speaking of bad habits.

By the way: one can not "unlearn" habits, one can only learn new, better habits and hope these will become dominant to the bad ones someday. "Unlearning bad habits" is a false premise.
    i got stuck in a train jam on the way home, so this comes at a slight delay.

consenting pubescent brat, you are this:

a tar baby.

and i gain nothing from responding further from your hollow repetitions. goodbye.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he gave his answer to your question and you're trying to get him to stuff his perception completely into your terms.
    Excuse me? I started the thread, It was my question in the first place. And then someone comes along who interprets the question in more or less absolute terms. If he had said something like "To me such a question doesn't make sense, because I'm very much a realist who doesn't entertain impossible what-if questions", that would have been perfectly okay. But that's not what he said. He said my question involved a premise, and later a "vacuous distinction", thereby making the interpretation absolute. Now certainly I can protest against that, not just for my own sake, but for all the other people in this thread who did entertain what-if scenarios.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got stuck in a train jam on the way home, so this comes at a slight delay.

consenting pubescent brat, you are this:

a tar baby.

and i gain nothing from responding further from your hollow repetitions. goodbye.
    You really have nothing better to say than that? Blaming me for things you are yourself guilty of?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consentingadult marked post as anal.
    I mean, it's anal, but it's true. The real question people are probably giving the answer to is more like "Which other type do you idealize?"
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Excuse me? I started the thread, It was my question in the first place. And then someone comes along who interprets the question in more or less absolute terms. If he had said something like "To me such a question doesn't make sense, because I'm very much a realist who doesn't entertain impossible what-if questions", that would have been perfectly okay. But that's not what he said. He said my question involved a premise, and later a "vacuous distinction", thereby making the interpretation absolute. Now certainly I can protest against that, not just for my own sake, but for all the other people in this thread who did entertain what-if scenarios.
    lol, one person not accepting your question as it stood was enough for you to freak out and derail your own thread.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, one person not accepting your question as it stood was enough for you to freak out and derail your own thread.
    You still don't understand, do you? He said there was a premise in the question. There wasn't. He just happened to see a premise in the question. And I did not freak out. I saw the implications of his statement from the very start, and set up a trap for him. He fell into it. Of course, he denies this, and has nothing better to say than calling me names.

By the way, what is your type?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmfao, it's not the first time...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-female

..I don't know if this is gonna sound horrible. I don't know the details of your life and I don't wanna make the wrong assumptions. But it seems to me that your baseline state is fucked up and your "couple hours" is sober, instead of the other way around. If you spend that much time fucked up you're not gonna be non anxious when you're sober. Consistently sober people have anxiety when they're sober, let alone adding a bunch of drugs to the mix. If I took as many mind altering substances as you, I'd be anxious sober too. Not everyone is highly tolerant of these substances and if they are, it's not because they're ESxp. I love you and I'm not here to judge your lifestyle. If it's what you want, that's awesome. But there's no magic bullet for feeling at peace while sober. For some people pills, etc are highly effective, and I'm not discounting that. (Insert Hunter S Thompson quote here.) But it's been shown that stuff like cognitive behavioral therapy combined with medication has the best success rates than either by themselves. If you have had anxiety for as long as you can remember, it's not something that's just going to magically disappear. It's a process.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i am fine with being IEI but i wouldn't mind trying life out as an SLE. it'd be nice to get out of my head for once, experiencing physical reality more directly and fully, instead of as a background to the preoccupied abstractions in my head.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think i'm as bad as You think. i was using sober prettY strictlY. i'm definitelY sober in the context of being a functioning member of societY. being on anti-depressants all the time people still call themselves sober. i just switch between weed, benzos, and alcohol but i'm still more "sober" imo. i know i experiment a lot but its not regular. on avg once a week something crazY, or 3 daYs outta the week if its a bingeing thing. but anYwaY i get what You're saYing and i think abotu it sometimes too. You're right. i probablY wouldn't have to do anYthing if i tried not doing anYthing for at least a couple weeks. its just not a good time in mY life right now, in a transitional period if You know what i mean
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Hmm, well I have anxiety (had the worst type of anxiety the majority of my childhood to mid teens because I was so different and was treated badly by everyone) just like everybody else... and I most definitely do care about what others think, to a certain extent. But maybe that's just me...
    Thanks for writing that. I can think of a couple of SLEs I know who are not anxious; I know one who is incredibly so. And the people I have typed SLE may be able to come across like they don't care what people think, but I can see that they do care.

(Likewise, I'm thinking of an ESFp who is not anxious, and one who is extremely anxious. Regardless of how Se base may come across, my experience of being close to Se types is that they can have a lot of inner turmoil, like most anyone else, I guess.)
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Crispy posted this somewhere, and I ran it through Google Translate or something... have fun!

Many people have a neurotization - painful psychological overheating, which is based on one-sided development of personality. In this section, I want to give the reader some simple guidelines for compensatory - bringing its kind in the psychic equilibrium.

Determine first which of the eight communicative functions was you "in the pen" - superseded by any reason "on the margins" of your life. Make it easier, if we proceed by contradiction, that is to decide what communicative with the state you got used to the extent that there are in the lion's share of time. The cause of neuroticism will be due to the atrophy of the function, which is the opposite to your favorite occupation.

Analyze yourself or, if the objective self-esteem you can not, with who knows the person you are and look at the summary table of the seventh section a brief description of the state in which you overdo it.

After that, read the following guidelines and begin to atrophy training functions. Just do not go too far once again! Remember the golden proportion, requires that the duration of the compensatory state equal to 30-40% of the time it takes for the ground state.

Se - sensory power

Take power sports such as martial arts, athletics, rugby. Exercise and muscle strength razvorotlivost body. Eat more meat, especially pork and beef. Drink plenty of fluids.

Teach your mind tuned to victory. In dealing with people Achieve benefits for himself and concessions on their part for anyone, even the smaller issues. Play games of chance.

Push-to-action half-hearted and brake those who deliberately gaining "points". In the room where people gathered, always occupy a key position - at the head table or on the side where all the controlled space.

Learn how to quickly "weigh" the situation what is it? where? when? for whose benefit? Comes only from the facts, reject any hypothesis, no matter how beautiful they may seem to you. Train speed of thinking, solving puzzles that require intelligence.

Ne - intuition opportunities

More swimming, more often descend from the mountains, ride on a swing, jump - select those sports where there is a loss of weight. Eat more eggs, sprouted grains and other foods that contain germs. Master models of complex machines. Take the theory of inventive problem solving (TRIZ).

Learn to assess the ability of optimism - his own and his family. Take frequent compliments, regards everything with curiosity. Improvise to communicate, behave like a child at ease and immediately. Joking, do not get involved in domestic disputes. Actively promotes the worn-out your ideas, but do not turn them into a dogma.

Behave outside the box, but not shocking. Encourage bold, far-reaching projects. Ignore the critics and everyday worries. Attend various workshops, conferences, discussions on the latest directions, but not religious persuasion. Intensive exchange ideas with their opponents and colleagues. Prepare for each meeting news - disturbing the mind of a hypothesis or a paradox.

More often go into himself, then plunge into the inner thoughts of the most opposite things. Look for similarities between the extremes. Read as much scientific and popular literature. Build in the mind of a multilayer "pie" of superimposed still pictures, and then squeeze it until you do not light up - come to mind synthesizes the idea.

Si - sensory experiences

Eat only organic foods. Eat in moderation, but diverse. Discard the heavy grades of meat (pork, beef). Replace them with a bird. More often in the open air. Interact with nature is not spiritually, and physically - to gather mushrooms and berries, collecting herbs. Visit the sauna.

Learn to enjoy the good of the body and its organs. Try to perceive the world as it really is at the moment. Initially, focus on each channel individually touch - sight, hearing, touch, smell. Then connect all the sensations together and experiencing this holistic sensory bouquet. Train those receptors that you have closed, rarely are utilized.

Avoid any kinks in communication, and in the work. Spend your free time with the usual friends with whom you feel comfortable. Attach a positive feeling by touch. Take crafts, fine crafts and cooking.

Establish communication between your thoughts and bodily reactions. Replaces the painful feelings of pleasant sensory memories. Avoid unnatural postures and affectedness. Think only about what is happening here and now. Listen to your body and immediately react to its signals. Let your internal organs 'sound' in tune you like. Sleep little but often.

Ni - intuition of time

Indulge in luxuries, take on a strict diet. Eat plenty of plant and dairy foods. Master the various techniques of breathing and cleansing the body, as well as physical exercises of hatha yoga.

Communicating with people asking about their fates - past and present, conceived and accomplishments. Conveyed to them the idea that everything has already happened. Warns against mistakes. Do not be afraid to be subject to charges. Learn how to take the blame.

Feel like you are changing over time. Make sure that all is transitory: fame, power, recognition, as well as pain and pleasure. Concentrate on the flow of time that passes through you. Imagine a chip, which carries away the rough river.

Feel the philosophical literature. Take care of various techniques of meditation. Setting yourself up for communion with God, cosmic intelligence, extraterrestrial, souls, etc. Most are asleep, and others interpret their dreams. Refer to the religion.

Fe - Ethics of emotions

Eat those foods that stimulate and tone: sharp, salty, sour, bitter. Share a meal during their impressions of the events have affected you. Take part in amateur performances: sing, dance, play in the plays, read poetry. Learn to openly express their emotions in various forms of art.

Get to empathy - the ability to adapt to the mood of another person. Reflect his posture, gestures, tone of his voice, the rhythm of breathing. Feel your unity with him. Do not restrain a smile and laugh when you have fun, and do not hide the sad face when you feel sad.

Frequently communicate with more people. Impact on the overall mood of the team. Visit the entertainment activities (dances, concerts, festivals), and also places of grief and sorrow - the mourning ceremonies, parties memory. Strive to keep your emotions were transmitted to others.

Comprehend the events, listening to music. Pronounce the accumulated emotions, communicating mentally with people with whom you care. Learn how to "pump" emotional energy from the head to the lower part of the body along the spine and in the opposite direction. Eat expressive speech and expression.

Te - the business logic

Take dynamic sport requiring stamina: football, running, long-distance hiking. Eat high-calorie foods with plenty of fluids. Avoid suhomyatki, snacking on the run. More likely to work in the garden and the garden. During operation, do not take frequent breaks so as not to bring down the pace. Forget about smoking.

Learn to experience the joy of movement. Send your emotional energy on one goal, but spend it equally, and not one strong emission. Rely only on their own. Your sincere conviction should be a mutually beneficial cooperation. Always ask what is earned.

Always mentally calculate the options and after comparing them stop at one - one that is most advantageous. Choose a reliable criterion of utility, for example, income in terms of money or the time spent. Constantly improving its operations. Use the words in the speech that convey business activity: work, work, useful, fast, tuned, etc.

Fi - the ethics of relationships

Eat more sweet and starchy foods. Avoid sharp, sudden movements. Sit at the bedside. Reassurance upset the child. Do not disregard any of the emotional reaction, directed at you, but respond to it or indirectly, or some time later.

Extremely sensitive to the nuances of his condition, in which direction the arrow turns your inner "compass". Worry for others than for themselves. Stay tuned to his own opinion, but tolerance to the opinions of an opponent. Cultivate patience, listening skills, as well as a sense of politeness and distance.

Smooth out the conflicts in the team. Talk about the people more good than bad. Not to alienate those who have turned to for help, even if you yourself are doing it does not matter. Let offended or just going through people become the object of your attention. Do not get carried away analysis of the situation, do not look right and guilty. Do not preach or give advice. Your goal - to defuse the emotions of people, give them the sound off and quietly sympathize.

Always consider the issue in broad terms, if there are no positive signs in a familiar framework, they necessarily exist in related fields. Do not judge rashly! Listening to the other person, catch the intonation, not meaning. By showing empathy, yet do not get anyone's side.

Ti - structural logic

Take care of those sports that require speed and accuracy of the special - fire, towns, orienteering. Work out the main components of a balanced diet and stick to it. Maintain an orderly way of life. Always plan your actions in advance. The events come in time. Dress neatly and rigorously.

Communicate with people only in the case. Avoid humor, pranks, the ambiguous sentences. With all the stay at the same distance. Breathe evenly, do not gesticulate and do not change facial expressions, no matter what happens.

Work out for himself a system of values ​​and stick to it religiously. Scrupulously to perform their duties and reject any with them going against orders. Arrange falling for you stuff in the area where you work. Constantly checked against the reference books, charts, drawings, guides, etc.

Learn how to clearly and concisely articulate their thoughts. Talk to a measured, monotonous voice. Analyzing the data in mind, compare it to you all known criteria, "with one hand ... on the other hand ...." Fill your speech a variety of structural and drawing up the ligaments (prepositions and conjunctions), "or," "but," "however", "if - then" "What - the" and others.

I hope you are convinced that control is possible if a conscious process, which involved people. The challenge is to maintain a dynamic balance between communicative extremes. In order for the opposition is not at odds, and live in peace together, you need to rotate them in a timely manner. Therefore, periodically make transitions in your unusual condition, even if at first it scares you. Only in this way you get the freedom of choice, without which you can not take their natural resources.

I don't care about my "type" outside of having one established for stability purposes (not just mine, but everybody's), but I do want to get more competence in IEs/functions/whatever inside and outside of the Ego block, focusing least on Ne because it looks like a distraction from my vantage point, and most on Fe and Ti so I can seal off the PolR and get more of Beta and Alpha quadra within my sphere... of course, this means the central point in my "type" will shift...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Creepy-female

i don't think i'm as bad as You think. i was using sober prettY strictlY. i'm definitelY sober in the context of being a functioning member of societY. being on anti-depressants all the time people still call themselves sober. i just switch between weed, benzos, and alcohol but i'm still more "sober" imo. i know i experiment a lot but its not regular. on avg once a week something crazY, or 3 daYs outta the week if its a bingeing thing. but anYwaY i get what You're saYing and i think abotu it sometimes too. You're right. i probablY wouldn't have to do anYthing if i tried not doing anYthing for at least a couple weeks. its just not a good time in mY life right now, in a transitional period if You know what i mean
    Antidepressants kind of alter your mindset like anything else so I don't consider them exempt. Being a functional member of society isn't my criteria for being sober. Weed, benzos, and alcohol sure doesn't sound very strict I went thru a period where I got high a couple times a week to deaden the pain. I never woke up and smoked a bowl. I was a light user compared to a lot of people. But during that time I began to feel anxious whenever I wasn't high. There's gonna be the baseline anxiety that you deal with if you're an anxious person, and then there's gonna be added anxiety because weed causes psychological withdrawal. I don't care who says otherwise. My friends are potheads and they become total bitches when they run out of weed for a day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on klonapin for 4 years or so until I quit the antidepressant, quit marijuana, threw out my laptop, got kicked out of my house, and spent a month in a hotel doing nothing but reading and sleeping normally. Then I got off of them. It really isn't hard to get rid of anxiety if you make the sacrifices, it's just hard as hell to be willing to make those sacrifices, so people choose to live with their anxiety rather than make them. And I'm already returning to screwing around and wasting my life away, evidenced by me being on this forum; like magic my anxiety is returning.
    Though of all the things that cause anxiety I gota say the biggest one which most people don't realize is simply perceiving nonliving objects which are made to imitate living objects - i.e. pictures of living things; and the media is where the largest part of anxiety comes from.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I remember making this thread about four years ago. Anyways, I'd probably want to be more logical, more 7, and more sx.

So Ne-ILE 7w6 sx/sp basically.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have preferred to have the strengths of an ISFj.

I am relatively comfortable with Fi and I think it is a valuable asset which I don't want to trade with something else. I appreciate having Se because Se types seem more action-oriented, more aware of their surroundings and have more control over it. These are qualities which I need to build on. In addition, their duals are ENTjs and I tend to like the ones whom I met irl. Pretty cool people.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't how SLE's are IME

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    Thanks for writing that. I can think of a couple of SLEs I know who are not anxious; I know one who is incredibly so. And the people I have typed SLE may be able to come across like they don't care what people think, but I can see that they do care.

(Likewise, I'm thinking of an ESFp who is not anxious, and one who is extremely anxious. Regardless of how Se base may come across, my experience of being close to Se types is that they can have a lot of inner turmoil, like most anyone else, I guess.)
    Yeah, the SLE's I've run into have dealt with decent - high levels of anxiety, typically. They also care a lot about, and are sensitive to, what other people think (as are ILE's). It's been more than a few times where I've seen these types get severely depressed over how people view them.

You seem to deal with an abnormally high level of anxiety, AL-LIE, so probably alot of people(everyone else) will seem 'tame' in that aspect by comparison.

If I had to pick a type that actually fits the characteristics you mentioned, it would probably be closer to SLI.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@consentingadult, labocat
    You're really good at this constructive discussion n shit.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like LII, except not having the LII limitations . I am currently too impressionable, scattered, sometimes I panic or get angry, but I'd like to have total control over my emotions and be always calm when I'm doing the proper thing. Maybe that way I can begin and finish things easier, I could then for example write a book, or make a computer game.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post

Seriously though, I like how I am and that's why I also like my type. I can see the qualities and strengths of others, but also their weaknesses. That's why I wouldn't want to change my type/my personality.
    This. Though there's nothing wrong with improvement. Sensory-Logical-Irrational types(SLI and SLE) both govern areas of personality and lifestyle I'd like to improve in myself, so if I had to pick a type it would be one of those two.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    @consentingadult, labocat
    You're really good at this constructive discussion n shit.
    Yeah, I thought so too!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You still don't understand, do you? He said there was a premise in the question. There wasn't. He just happened to see a premise in the question. And I did not freak out. I saw the implications of his statement from the very start, and set up a trap for him. He fell into it. Of course, he denies this, and has nothing better to say than calling me names.

By the way, what is your type?
    I'm not sure if its possible for any question to not have a premise. I don't even care about that, I'm just amused by your reaction.

maybe I'm labbie's identical, what do you think?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if its possible for any question to not have a premise. I don't even care about that, I'm just amused by your reaction.

maybe I'm labbie's identical, what do you think?
    The question is not so much if a question has to have a premise or not, but if it can have many. No premise was intended on my behalf, i.e. people were free to interpret the question as they wished (and they did), even Labcoat. But he did it in such a way, that he made his premise the only right one. Now that was just too good an opportunity to let pass by.

Who is labbie?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Who is labbie?
    It's not me. And it's a really annoying phrase. Because it looks like me and it's not. I don't want a homonym!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I would try them all out. There are some who study socionics who believe that one is able to consciously change one's core type. I want that to be true. This way I could experience what it's like being all the other types and seeing through their perception. Makes me kind of sad that one is forever denied that experience. (and it would certainly reduce the amount of guesswork)

it was your question but the reply is his - why are you trying to force him to change his answers so that they would be more palatable to you?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I would try them all out. There are some who study socionics who believe that one is able to consciously change one's core type. I want that to be true. This way I could experience what it's like being all the other types and seeing through their perception. Makes me kind of sad that one is forever denied that experience. (and it would certainly reduce the amount of guesswork)

it was your question but the reply is his - why are you trying to force him to change his answers so that they would be more palatable to you?
    I never wanted him to change his answers. I just said his answer was anal. I wanted him to admit that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why?

I myself often wish I were an SEE, so I could get myself a nice ILI girl and spank her while having sex. Seriously.
    I would like to be every type for a short period of time. If that would be permanent then I would definitely would not want to be another type, I am happy as I am.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast