Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Also, I'm not sure I'm understanding properly, either. I mean, who doesn't like pleasurable activities? How would I know how skillfully I produce or experience them?

I get incredibly bored with repetitive activities such as the stuff I do at my bakery job (putting cookies on trays, dipping hundreds of cookies in chocolate, etc.), but time goes fast while I'm doing them because I get into a "zone."

I also enjoy debating with people about issues I care about for fun, something that types are described as averse to, though I immediately tense up if other people are fighting and try to get them to chill out.

I'm also acutely aware of how I'm feeling physically a lot of the time, sit and sleep in weird but comfy positions etc., but when I get really into researching something or talking to somebody in depth, I can go without eating or sleeping for a long time and not really realize it.

I get annoyed when I see people eating garbage because I know they're mucking up their bodies, and try to get my loved ones to eat better.

Is any of this ?
    The mission of alpha is to make as many people enjoy themselves as possible by soliciting opinions and providing its own.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Excellent ! You seem awesome .
    Hehe thanks, I enjoy writing a lot and I really appreciate when people actually read my ramblings!

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The mission of alpha is to make as many people enjoy themselves as possible by soliciting opinions and providing its own.
    "Hey guys, I know what will be fun; what's your opinion on abortion rights?"

Seriously though, what sorts of opinions?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, 3,000+ views and four pages later, my type is still unclear (to me, at least). I really appreciate all of the help in learning this stuff that you guys have offered; maybe I'm just a slow study.

I posted a thread about monogamy vs. polyamory that may help with my typing by showing my thought process. Nowisthetime (SEI) said I sound LII, and I think I can see in my posts in that thread. However, I'm still not certain if that's my base function or something I call upon in topics that seem relevant. :/

I keep feeling compelled to try to type myself by my relations with others whose types I am pretty sure of. LII seems off because I have SEE friends and relatives and we get along well even though we've never been super close; I've never really fought with any of them...I thought conflicting types have serious issues with each other?

Also, I type my father as SLE (fun-loving, outgoing, thrill-seeking, action-oriented, works in management for IT, coaches youth soccer, charismatic). I type my mom as SEI (caregiving, nurse, loves scrapbooking, interior decorating, healing arts, family time, sending cards and care packages, visiting familiar places and eating familiar foods, etc.) Here is a picture of them for VI if you don't trust my typing skills (I don't blame you!):

I've always felt my mom is more critical/manipulative of me than my father is; she is a master of passive-aggression and guilt tripping but I call her out on it because I can see what she's doing. On the other hand, when I feel I've disappointed my father, I usually know exactly why I've disappointed him and can fully understand where he's coming from. Sometimes he is critical and it REALLY hurts, though. Most of his criticism is along the lines of "get off your ass, get a better job" but it is very sporadic; the rest of the time we have a good relationship and laugh a lot together. I trust and respect his advice more than pretty much anyone else's. Not sure if this is supervision.
    Last edited by PistolShrimp; 01-23-2012 at 02:03 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your mom looks INFj

and she has filatova's nose in here:

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-23-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    So, 3,000+ views and four pages later, my type is still unclear (to me, at least). I really appreciate all of the help in learning this stuff that you guys have offered; maybe I'm just a slow study.
    You are pretty observational and have a knack for identifying common social patterns in your thread. Beta Introvert(NiTi), and probably IEI or ILI isn't so bad a typing. I don't know much about your personality currently to be certain though, you're still new to me.

I'd be The Hunter, and sometimes The Lurker, by the way.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    You are pretty observational and have a knack for identifying common social patterns in your thread. Beta Introvert(NiTi), and probably IEI or ILI isn't so bad a typing. I don't know much about your personality currently to be certain though, you're still new to me.

I'd be The Hunter, and sometimes The Lurker, by the way.
    Haha cool, I'm glad you're not a Flip-Flopper; those are the worst! Thanks for the input; I hadn't totally ruled out IEI yet but people seemed to see SEI or LII more so I'm not sure. I'm going to give this thread a rest for a while and look into the functions some more to try to gain some clarity. As of now I think I am IP temperament though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think your easy going sense of humor would merit a Merry type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think your easy going sense of humor would merit a Merry type.
    If I'm sure of anything type related, it's my "Merriness"; I've said that from the start, but some people seemed to see in me (probably is demonstrative). Now whether I'm a Positivist or Negativist, Democratic or Aristocratic, Evolutionary or Involutionary...that's a bigger challenge to figure out.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics INTp (ILI), in your case.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that too, but it is not very clear. I do not see you having any obvious agenda, what is your big dream?

ILIs are like LIIs who think dynamically, are stubborn and secretive. They do not like strangers to know their aspirations (weak Fe) and consider it a waste of time of time to discuss their ideas with people who do not count for anything. They are secretive about what is most important to them, and thus they can fall into funks (periods of deep inertia) because they lack the sense of social engagement to get things going.

So, the question is, what big aspiration do you have that you are letting slip between your fingers because you are being an inert lump?

In order to drawn in the deepest wisdom, you must hold back from acting, for action could be premature and inhibit something important. Yet the ILI wants to take action (suggestive Se) and is thus trapped in a paradox. Their imagination suggests action should be taken, yet action introduces instability and exposes the ILI to imperfection. They toil thusly ... distrusting others as “the others” cannot be expected to know with the same depth what the ILI knows – “the others” are all FOOLS!!! Withdrawn, they sit quietly watching with their all seeing Ni, watching and waiting in a funk.

Thus, what actions do you value? Do you have any goal - a major goal - that you do not trust others to understand? Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI. What are you hiding?
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 01-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, look at Te. A ILI is a creative Te. This means something different than the Te of an ESTj or ENTj. ILIs are guarded and highly secretive about their creative function. They could easily waste their lives using their creative Te to win at role playing games instead of real life.

They have great insecurity about their creative function - they are likely to be the most insecure about their Te of all socionic types. Even worse than Te PoLR types.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm

They have great insecurity about their creative function - they are likely to be the most insecure about their creativity of all socionic types. (It is harder to get a ILI to show his creative Te than it is to get a girl to show her pussy...) No offense to the ladies.
    I dont think thats true. Ive known a couple ILIs, my dad being one, my cousin being another and they aerent afraid to demonstrate their practicality in the real world.

People who waste all their time playing roleplaying games and such aerent necessarily ILIs as this isnt type related.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saberstorm, I think you inaccurately describe the ILI when you make this assumption it correlates with a certain one big "goal", "purpose", "aspiration". I don't think this is applicable for this type, also, in my experience, ILIs are scattered and open to many ends. Quite a few I know radically changed career & stuff.

I also grew convinced you are a Ti/Fe Rational Extrovert, which leaves us with ESE and EIE. I feel you're Alpha for your naive sincerity and genuineness. In fact I was surprised to read your above statement about secrecy, considering how many concrete personal things you revealed on the forum for no technical reason: where you work (a certain museum, IIRC), who is your boss, who and how much you admire, what your aims are, that you are a Jew and how things are going inside your community, the values and actions of people you know, etc. I observe that you have an imperative desire to reveal facts about yourself and although you seem to understand how that is rather unapplicable to ILIs, who are generally people content staying in the background, I don't understand how you can't see how it is so hugely applicable to you. Yes, I know Te-Creative are discreet people, but that is IMO your opposite...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think of myself as an EIE also, however, I am extremely introverted in real life.

Also, I do not mean that ILI's spend their time doing role-playing, I am implying that it is a potential trap. I will eventually do a type me thread. I am starting a business right now, and trying to get promoted at work. I am actually starting a business to then start another business... the business I want to start needs too much starting capital. I working on building my business connections as I need financing.

Everybody says that I am the most introverted person they have ever met. But I am very endearing after the ice is broken...

My goals are more like webs of interconnected opportunities that converge at certain points, and I can start from any point in the web to gain it all.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI.
    Since when are you ILI? I'm not saying it's wrong but if I remember correctly, you had ENFj noted as a type before and there is a large gap between those two types. Or am I mistaken?

EDIT: I didn't saw the post above when I wrote this.
    Well, that doesn't make sense. You're ILI OR EIE. If you're indeed ILI, you know it. And don't "also think of yourself as EIE".
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you guys seeing ILI? I relate much more to than . I don't give a rat's ass about any sort of efficiency. Also, I know a self-typed ILI whose typing seems accurate to me, and he strikes me as incredibly critical and negative towards people. We do not see people the same way...I feel more IEI than ILI.

I can see that too, but it is not very clear. I do not see you having any obvious agenda, what is your big dream?

So, the question is, what big aspiration do you have that you are letting slip between your fingers because you are being an inert lump?

Thus, what actions do you value? Do you have any goal - a major goal - that you do not trust others to understand? Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI. What are you hiding?
    My agenda right now is to get a good job as a grant writer, helping non-profits to get money for projects benefiting under-served populations, preferably involving nutrition and local food. I'd like to buy a new car as mine is falling apart, get my own apartment, meet new people, get more involved in my community, check out more museums and live music, travel more...my goals are fairly simple, and I think most people could understand them and agree with them if I told them. I don't have much to hide.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Efficiency isnt a thing or else why would LSIs value it?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additionally, I don't think I'm SEI anymore (unless I'm understanding duality wrong) because when times get tough, my ILE guy struggles to figure out how to help me. I've been very down on myself about my job hunt lately, and he keeps telling me I should apply to jobs online, start my own business, or run an event related to my area of interest. I keep seeing his suggestions as mostly off-base or things I've already considered and can't help but reject them after some consideration, which frustrates the both of us. He asked me how to help, and I told him that putting pressure on me by asking me what I've done for my job hunt lately on a regular basis would probably work the best. So what am I seeking while I am struggling? Is it ? I feel like I need someone to push me in some way.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Two Little Satans View Post
    Efficiency isnt a thing or else why would LSIs value it?
    Are facts a thing? I don't particularly care about those, either. I am mostly going by what I've read here so my understanding could be off.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ation_elements

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say so. Facts are more related. But remember that while that description says "effectiveness" for , I think this is more about judging effectiveness than about being effective.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think I value more than . I care more about whether or not the logic of something is consistent and makes sense to me instead of whether something is objectively accurate and provable with data, facts etc. Still think I'm ethical ego over logical, too; my focus is on people most of the time.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we don't get why you don't like what people have suggested for you. Do you think you are an EII - the INFj? That would match somewhat with Meyers Briggs?

Is that you do not see what mastery of Si would look like? Do you wish you had a different strength?

How about Alpha group behavior? Strong Si blocked with Fe :

Alpha types tend to enjoy participating in groups where there is free exchange of positive emotional expression in an atmosphere pleasing to the senses.
    Alpha types are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly.
    Alpha types are inclined to show affection for others in the form of small practical services or gifts.
    Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations.

Weak Ni blocked with Te :

Alpha types are less likely to make investments that require long-term commitment and upkeep. They prefer short-term investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimal involvement.
    Alpha types avoid taking direct life advice, preferring to experience and learn for themselves. They perceive people who try to give such advice as pedantic.

(I honestly think that does sound a bit like you...)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your photography seems to be like Si as told here on Wikisocion.

"""Introverted sensing () is an irrational, introverted, and dynamic information element. It is also referred to as Si, S, experiential sensing, or white sensing.

is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail.

focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness. The awareness of these tangible physical processes consequently leads to an awareness of health, or an optimum balance with one's environment. The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure.

In contrast to extroverted sensing (), is related to following one's own needs instead of focusing on some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. So, whereas ego types feel capable to evaluate how justified others' preferences are, ego types will try to adjust to them in any way possible (given that it does not extremely affect their own comfort), wishing to minimize conflict.

In contrast to introverted intuition (), is about direct interaction and unity (or discord) with one's surroundings, rather than abstract process and causal links.

Types that value prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.

Individuals who possess as a base function are drawn to situations that satisfy their inner physical experience. Whenever base function individuals are taking part in something that involves recognizing, recreating, or analyzing physical states, they feel a great deal of personal power and enthusiasm.

The avoidance of discomfort is one of the primary motivations of these types. Feelings of internal discomfort can arise from a tense psychological atmosphere, working too hard and sapping the body's resources, being pressured by other people or by numerous "things to do," and from unsatiated or oversatiated physical needs. These types tend to quickly recognize and be quite vocal about discomfort that arises and either take clever measures to dissipate it or simply get out of whatever is bothering them. They are very receptive to other people sharing feelings of discomfort with them and can help alleviate the tension and offer good solutions.

leading types are constantly adjusting themselves to their environment (which includes the people around them), and rarely have any fixed ideas about what is "appropriate" to desire in a given situation. Thus they are willing to accommodate other people's needs in an ad hoc manner. It is enough for something to "feel right" for them to justify doing it. This behavior may seem random to outside observers, since it is concomitant with weak ."""

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we don't get why you don't like what people have suggested for you. Do you think you are an EII - the INFj? That would match somewhat with Meyers Briggs?

Is that you do not see what mastery of Si would look like? Do you wish you had a different strength?

How about Alpha group behavior? Strong Si blocked with Fe :

Alpha types tend to enjoy participating in groups where there is free exchange of positive emotional expression in an atmosphere pleasing to the senses. (I like joking around and having a good time with groups)
    Alpha types are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly. (not really, my stories are pretty short and can jump from place to place)
    Alpha types are inclined to show affection for others in the form of small practical services or gifts. (yes, I bring treats from the bakery I work at to friends/family often)
    Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations. (since I was a kid, I've gotten worn out and tired at most parties pretty quickly, atmosphere is important though)

Weak Ni blocked with Te :

Alpha types are less likely to make investments that require long-term commitment and upkeep. They prefer short-term investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimal involvement.

Alpha types avoid taking direct life advice, preferring to experience and learn for themselves. They perceive people who try to give such advice as pedantic. (This is only true if I don't agree with the advice; I seek advice when I need it. I give people advice pretty often, too.)

(I honestly think that does sound a bit like you...)
    Thank you for the help, I appreciate it I bolded the things that sound like me and added my comments. However, I can probably find myself in summaries of any quadra in some way or another.

I don't think I am INFj because I value over . I'm a Merry type, joking often but sensitively, very aware of emotional mood. Internal logical consistency of something is more important to me than...whatever does. I've said this before but people keep suggestion serious types for some reason without explaining the they pick up from me. I don't really see the world in terms of love/hate, good/bad etc. I think I am a dynamic type, too.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, or EII-Ne ... ive not changed my opinion personnally. The more the thread progress the more the balance is toward SEI (as merry > serious is more and more obvious). The only stuff wich bug me is you seem to high on Ne (self description first topic)

ILI, LII, SLI make no sense imo.

What do you want to be ?
    Last edited by noid; 01-30-2012 at 01:33 PM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody point out the Ne that she is using... I do not see it... perhaps I am unclear as to what Ne is.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thread split by request - in the future feel free to contact the moderators (by private message, sending a report, etc.) if you need a moderator to split, move, rename, etc. a thread.

Te vs Ti vs Se discussion: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Te-vs-Ti-vs-Se
    Last edited by glam; 01-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"""Introverted sensing () is an irrational, introverted, and dynamic information element. It is also referred to as Si, S, experiential sensing, or white sensing.

is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail.
    What does this even mean? I can imagine almost exactly how something will taste, smell, feel etc. if I try.

focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness. The awareness of these tangible physical processes consequently leads to an awareness of health, or an optimum balance with one's environment. The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure.
    I guess this relates to me, but isn't everyone aware of these things?

In contrast to extroverted sensing (), is related to following one's own needs instead of focusing on some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. So, whereas Se ego types feel capable to evaluate how justified others' preferences are, Si ego types will try to adjust to them in any way possible (given that it does not extremely affect their own comfort), wishing to minimize conflict.
    If my friends mention wanting to change their career or make a drastic life change, I ask them if they think it will make them happy and why. This is really just to further my own understanding of them; I've already accepted their choices. I can be a doormat or a social chameleon, changing myself for others, but that is actually more around strangers than those close to me. I have a spine when I'm with my friends.

In contrast to introverted intuition (), is about direct interaction and unity (or discord) with one's surroundings, rather than abstract process and causal links.
    I still don't understand how this difference plays out in everyday life. If an IEI and SEI were both at the same house party, what would each be most likely to be focusing on or perceiving?

Types that value prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.
    I do tend to laze about much more than work toward goals, but I am happiest when I have a direction and momentum and I'm accomplishing something with my life, and like when others push me a bit to get things done. I don't force others into anything or push them in ways they don't want to be pushed. I am very easygoing and undemanding most of the time, to the point where friends from my volunteer group teasingly joked about my tendency to always answer "Oh, I'm fine, thanks" when they asked if I needed anything.

Individuals who possess as a base function are drawn to situations that satisfy their inner physical experience. Whenever base function individuals are taking part in something that involves recognizing, recreating, or analyzing physical states, they feel a great deal of personal power and enthusiasm.
    I have a large amount of knowledge about the body, but that was mostly because I spent two years researching while playing mystery diagnosis until a doctor confirmed the same health issues I'd suspected all along. I know my body, and I know that while all human bodies share certain traits, everyone has slightly different physical needs and quirks.

The avoidance of discomfort is one of the primary motivations of these types. Feelings of internal discomfort can arise from a tense psychological atmosphere, working too hard and sapping the body's resources, being pressured by other people or by numerous "things to do," and from unsatiated or oversatiated physical needs. These types tend to quickly recognize and be quite vocal about discomfort that arises and either take clever measures to dissipate it or simply get out of whatever is bothering them. They are very receptive to other people sharing feelings of discomfort with them and can help alleviate the tension and offer good solutions.
    The bold is very much me. As a kid, I complained a lot about any pain or illness I felt. I actually remember being at a hospital and being so horrified to get blood drawn that I ran out the office, through the front door and into the parking lot until my parents caught me. Now, I hate being rushed or buried under a ton of responsibilities, and stress twists my gut. Psychological tension is something very tangible to me. I'm always aware of when I am hungry, full, tired, of my limit when drinking alcohol, etc. As far as others' sharing their discomfort and my offering solutions, I know when my boyfriend needs a neck rub or a meal before he even mentions it, and I can give others advice to dissipate tense situations fairly easily. I tell people to take a deep breath and just chillllllll outtttttt mannnnnn pretty often.

leading types are constantly adjusting themselves to their environment (which includes the people around them), and rarely have any fixed ideas about what is "appropriate" to desire in a given situation. Thus they are willing to accommodate other people's needs in an ad hoc manner. It is enough for something to "feel right" for them to justify doing it. This behavior may seem random to outside observers, since it is concomitant with weak ."""
    I do adjust myself a lot according to the situation and the people involved, but that's probably an Fe thing or a dynamic thing more than an SEI thing, and I think most people do that to some extent.

--

My main argument against SEI typing is that I feel like I don't take most things in life at face value, and am in a constant state of searching. Perhaps that is enneatype related, though. I also can pick up abstract concepts and connections easily, and more abstract humor like puns come naturally to me. There's probably more but I am TIRED right now and can't think straight.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    SEI, or EII-Ne ... ive not changed my opinion personnally. The more the thread progress the more the balance is toward SEI (as merry > serious is more and more obvious). The only stuff wich bug me is you seem to high on Ne (self description first topic)

ILI, LII, SLI make no sense imo.

What do you want to be ?
    Yeah, I think LII and ILI are pretty off, too. I still don't see EII, though, because I am not base. Like Saberstorm, I can't really see where I'm using , either.

I want to be an IEI-Ni time wizard, they're the best supporting class. Seriously though, I think I'd like to be IEI. SEI seems rather plain and simple and peaceful and well...domestic as a type; not saying SEIs are like this, but the type is described as such. Sometimes I like shaking people up with a poignant comment or pointed question just for the hell of it, and sometimes I get restless and feel the need to run or start some drama just to get stagnant things moving again.

----

Also, thanks glam for cleaning up my thread!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that all that akward, socionics nattering about Si is that you see the world in terms of beauty. Your perception is that of a gifted interpeter. You can transform something humdrum (like a walk through a farmers market) into something that conveys emotion, energy, life, character, and so on. Your reception of experience is sensual, gratifiying, and amazing. Others do not see or experience what you see and experience. As this is your principle gift, you find it difficult to simply "exist," you must "express!"

Your power of expression needs a fuel beyond mere seeing. A mule lives for many years, carrying a poet on his back. The mule "sees" what the poet saw, but seeing is not "knowing" nor is it "discovering." You see and discover. The discovery is your suggestive Ne, which is the natural complement to you Si. Both are working in tandem.

The socionics nattering is why Meyers Briggs is more popular. I think you are taking physical states to mean something like tummy aches. I am taking it to mean your inner state of receptivity. In other words, the "physical state" is the charge you gain or lose as the outside world comes knocking on your door. You can change the charge. You use your suggestive Ne to shift perspectives, to see the sunlight from a new vantage point, and to thus regain what charge was lost by something bad happening. You can make a rainy day something to remember.

Your broad interest in life is the synthesis of Si/Ne. The Si is the stronger, but it does not mature with you. Your Ne shall mature with you. Ne extends into your readings, as the suggestive function is supposed to produce traquility. Your curiousity is your anti-neutroic behavior. That is what I draw out of the "socionics nattering."

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, I guess you could be an IEI, as I am not entirely certain of what a true IEI would be like. But I do not see Se - volitional energy - being a big thing with you. Do you hunger for more Se? Are you attracted to imposing, tall men? Do you feel calmer when somebody is an authority? Do you like the presence of power near you? That is what I take suggestive Se to be like. I am new to socionics, but I learn quickly. I could be wrong.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of SEIs as being like hippies. Gamma ESIs are like angelicate housewives.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that all that akward, socionics nattering about Si is that you see the world in terms of beauty. Your perception is that of a gifted interpeter. You can transform something humdrum (like a walk through a farmers market) into something that conveys emotion, energy, life, character, and so on. Your reception of experience is sensual, gratifiying, and amazing. Others do not see or experience what you see and experience. As this is your principle gift, you find it difficult to simply "exist," you must "express!"

Your power of expression needs a fuel beyond mere seeing. A mule lives for many years, carrying a poet on his back. The mule "sees" what the poet saw, but seeing is not "knowing" nor is it "discovering." You see and discover. The discovery is your suggestive Ne, which is the natural complement to you Si. Both are working in tandem.

The socionics nattering is why Meyers Briggs is more popular. I think you are taking physical states to mean something like tummy aches. I am taking it to mean your inner state of receptivity. In other words, the "physical state" is the charge you gain or lose as the outside world comes knocking on your door. You can change the charge. You use your suggestive Ne to shift perspectives, to see the sunlight from a new vantage point, and to thus regain what charge was lost by something bad happening. You can make a rainy day something to remember.

Your broad interest in life is the synthesis of Si/Ne. The Si is the stronger, but it does not mature with you. Your Ne shall mature with you. Ne extends into your readings, as the suggestive function is supposed to produce traquility. Your curiousity is your anti-neutroic behavior. That is what I draw out of the "socionics nattering."

My SLI dad falls asleep every night watching NOVA documentaries. He says, he really doesn't "get" the science or physics, but he is extremely curious and open-minded.

I think of SEIs as being like hippies. Gamma ESIs are like angelicate housewives.
    ...and then you lost me. SEI/ESI can both be pretty hippy like, or... "artistically hedonistic." Meh, this is not going to help Pistol, man.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, nonetheless, I do not see SEIs as being all that wholesome. They sound like art students. Dirty Art Kids (DAKs) as they are known... Also I work at an art musuem, art kids are everywhere. Most seem like ISFps.

Perhaps ESIs are not as wholesome as my first impression of them. ESIs sound innoccent yet a little preppy. They sound like they need affirmative friends with fully realized potentials. They do not sound like the type to pursue a guy needing "fixed up." They also sound very loyal.

I do think my post about Si/Ne seems pretty legit...

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody point out the Ne that she is using... I do not see it... perhaps I am unclear as to what Ne is.
    I have an overall feeling of Ne > Ni (especially Nx over Ni-), Ive have met in my life 2 ENFj, and when in their peculiar "Ni minus" mode its quite simple it have nothing to do with the language used on this thread, at least this is the impression I have. OP here seem more to have the Ne way of expanding idea with conditionnal, using "probably", with multiple option in the same time, ect.

ESI was proposed on the first post, but I dont think thats a really good typing, Se lack too much.
    I dont really get the ESI description from wikisocion, I know MANY irl, and they arent really "hyper-calm innocent", they are generally somewhat confident, sometime a bit pushover especially if high Se, have an appearant value system wich seem really grounded.
    A thing Ive noticed in the ESI/EII relationship is that they generally dont get it when im negative about something, speak dark about humanity or life, or criticize myself, and feel the obligation to correct my attitude but avoid to discuss these idea at all cost (all ESI ive meet do that, I can find this annoying or funny depending the situation - anyway this stay a really great relationship on the "superficial level" or for working together).
    Last edited by noid; 01-31-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am taking physical states to mean states like pain, illness, health, stress, and relaxation. I'm not sure if this is correct, though. I do experience things quite vividly and sensually, but I feel this undertone of mystery to life, like there is much beyond what I am sensing. Also, I feel like I don't have much trouble seeing abstract connections or concepts for myself.

However, I guess you could be an IEI, as I am not entirely certain of what a true IEI would be like. But I do not see Se - volitional energy - being a big thing with you. Do you hunger for more Se? Are you attracted to imposing, tall men? Do you feel calmer when somebody is an authority? Do you like the presence of power near you? That is what I take suggestive Se to be like. I am new to socionics, but I learn quickly. I could be wrong.
    The two men I've dated long-term have been short and nerdy, and my current guy is kind of frail actually. I'm not attracted to random men very often, but I can't say I've ever really had a crush on a traditionally masculine or powerful guy; the closest I can say would be when I went swing dancing for the first time and a guy who'd been dancing for years literally swept me off my feet. I do like men whose interest in me is clear and who know how to act upon that interest without being creepy. It is very nice to have someone "direct" me as to what I should do sometimes as I can be aimless and inert.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    My SLI dad falls asleep every night watching NOVA documentaries. He says, he really doesn't "get" the science or physics, but he is extremely curious and open-minded.
    Do sensing types tend to struggle with "getting" abstract stuff like that? I can usually get the basics of theories, but if I have to dive into anything deeper my eyes kind of glaze over. NOVA is awesome, though!

Well, nonetheless, I do not see SEIs as being all that wholesome. They sound like art students. Dirty Art Kids (DAKs) as they are known... Also I work at an art musuem, art kids are everywhere. Most seem like ISFps.

I do think my post about Si/Ne seems pretty legit...
    LOL DAKs...my only "art kid" cred came from spending hours in college in the darkroom flinging photo chemicals everywhere, though I used to draw and write poetry a lot in high school. I studied photojournalism, not fine arts photography; my goal was to inform people and "wake them up" with my pictures, and to tell a story, not convey beauty. My photography outside of school had more of a focus on nature and beauty, though I never took it particularly seriously.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... I am rewatching your videos. I think everybody is picking up on your low key speaking style. The image, I think, that most of us seem to have of IEIs is that they are "bubbly," little baskets of sunshine and flowers. You are not a "kitten."

hmm...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... I am rewatching your videos. I think everybody is picking up on your low key speaking style. The image, I think, that most of us seem to have of IEIs is that they are "bubbly," little baskets of sunshine and flowers. You are not a "kitten."

hmm...
    No one has every called me "bubbly," that's for sure. I can be very feisty at times, though!

That might be a subtype thing?

From IEI Wikisocion:

"The intuitive subtype appears as a quiet, tactful, languid and diffident individual. They seem torn off from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for they possess a fine intuition, which aids them in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Seem externally serene but sentimentally are disposed to experience moodiness and bouts of melancholy. While their voice at times seems monotonous they often induce a light surprise, even full interest, from the interlocutor. Outwardly are pensive, slightly strained/intense.. Prone to emanate sadness masked in sardonic irony. Speech is measured, smooth and intimately heart-felt. On their face they almost constantly exude a polite half-smile that easily wins people’s trust. Gestures are modest, shy. Gait is ponderous, elegant."

I'm reading more into IEI to see if I can gain some more clarity. I really think I am IEI or SEI.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that might be you. Now I can see IEI. You are a melancoly, languid speaker with subtle hints of joyfulness sneaking in to your thoughts. That discription does fit quite well.

Now we need to see this "Suggestive Se" and figure out what it is like in a Ni-IEI!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch my typing, I think you are some sort of Extrovert. Maybe I will have the time and patience to watch all the video.

I don't understand why you keep saying that you want or like to be an IEI. Is this some sort of teasing?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast