Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESTjs and ISTps how did you get involved with socionics?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    And where is his Si? I want proof...hahahaha
    i think his post in this thread describing how he came to the forum illustrates Si as described by Augusta ("an object's internal state we view as the relationship between events that cause each other"). Si creatives are known for describing the details of how things happened in sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    By the way, I see you're your own dual, Maritsa. That's what I call the epitome of efficiency. I'm going to copyright that.
    thought you may be interested in this, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Words
    Thank you for wasting my time. Also you aren't EII.
    Lol, this coming from someone who only knows me from 3 posts??

Please do elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the title.
    Lol, that one tickled me. God I love LSEs.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post
    Lol, this coming from someone who only knows me from 3 posts??

Please do elaborate.
    Let me give you your own advice, I checked out threads and I see a bunch of people have already told you, so as you say, go read the threads.

In regards to me doing it, who knows maybe I'll do it when you are not as dismissive of my posts, but I'd recommend you don't hold your breath while you wait, ok?

*s*******

Don't take this the wrong way, but I continue to be amused at you and all the other complete strangers on this forum who presume to tell me what my type is or is not.

In any case, this conversation is no longer of any use to me, so ciao.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I continue to be amused at you and all the other complete strangers on this forum who presume to tell me what my type is or is not.
    How the hell can you be sure of people on here - you know DA ? I assume you do, you were quite responsive and exposing your belly or your intellectual soft spot if you like.

Following the path of your logic no one on here has the sole right to question one's type. Get familiar with DA and Maritsa

Absurd, I'm not averse to people legitimately and honestly questioning my type, I am averse to complete strangers presumptuously (and arrogantly) stating that I am not the type I think I am.

I find this approach irritatingly immature and unproductive, and was part of the reason I took a several month absence from this place.

Not only do these people know nothing about me IRL, but their underlying implication is that I have not already considered my own typing at great depth and length, as if it was just some arbitrary decision that I'm now stubbornly clinging to for the sake of saving face.

Needless to say, this is completely intolerable for an EII considering how keenly we are already aware of our own inner selves and HARDLY need anyone else to swoop in and summarily 'correct' our entire self-concept after just a few posts worth of interaction with us.
    Last edited by Shagbag The Wizard; 10-14-2010 at 07:45 PM.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ "Who you say you are" and "Who you project" seem to be two different things.

Are you aware the disconnect?

Do you have a feel for why it's there?

I don't have much opinion (yet) on your type, but exploring the gap between your "self-concept" and "interaction here" might be helpful.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd, I'm not averse to people legitimately and honestly questioning my type, I am averse to complete strangers presumptuously (and arrogantly) stating that I am not the type I think I am.
    That's cool. No further questions me lord

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*s*******

I find this approach irritatingly immature and unproductive, and was part of the reason I took a several month absence from this place.

Not only do these people know nothing about me IRL, but their underlying implication is that I have not already considered my own typing at great depth and length, as if it was just some arbitrary decision that I'm now stubbornly clinging to for the sake of saving face.

Needless to say, this is completely intolerable for an EII considering how keenly we are already aware of our own inner selves and HARDLY need anyone else to swoop in and summarily 'correct' our entire self-concept after just a few posts worth of interaction with us.
    Oh you were a twat before I questioned your type

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    ^ "Who you say you are" and "Who you project" seem to be two different things.

Are you aware the disconnect?

Do you have a feel for why it's there?

I don't have much opinion (yet) on your type, but exploring the gap between your "self-concept" and "interaction here" might be helpful.

Thank you, this is the kind of honest discussion I am open to.

Yes, the apparent "disconnect" has been mentioned before, so I am aware of it.

A number of possible reasons come to mind:

People here cannot see or hear me when I talk, they are interacting purely with text, and therefore have an incomplete picture, leading them to fill in the blanks with their own preconceived expectations.

So if I then go and say something in a funny / outrageous / animated manner, the immediate assumption is Fe-ego. Nevermind that plenty of non-Fe types can exhibit Fe type behaviour quite well at times when it suits them.

I also think that many people here forget to take into account the importance of maturity, personal development, level of dualization etc. of the person they are trying to type. I honestly believe that ALL types are able to develop ALL/ANY of their functions (through regular use) to levels where this would make their base type more obscure (initially).

For example I've noticed that I have a somewhat stronger Te ability than other EIIs I've interacted with, which I must attribute to my LIE dad while growing up. I've also been subjected to a lot of Se and am quite familiar with it, so even though I abhor the use of all forms of aggression and 'pressure', for example, I am able to sometimes convincingly emulate it (usually in a joking manner, or in the form of competitiveness, but never serious confrontation which I hate).

I have also spent a LOT of my life surrounded by Fe egos, and have certainly picked up a few "habits" from them along the way. (Actually, what I have had a serious lack of is Si, and I didn't realise it until I recently started spending time with a couple of SLIs...)

Anyway, point being that people are way to complex to type from only a few forum posts. For this reason I hardly ever question anyone's type on here.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post

More insults without anything actually useful, thanks.

God, why did I bother coming back here.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God, why did I bother coming back here?
    To fix your punctuation.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the title.
    Thank you. I looked up rules for making acronyms plural to double-check, and you are indeed correct. I edited my post and changed all the LSE's to LSEs, but is there a way I can change my title too?

In eith grade one of my teachers had us do a personality test for Lion, Badger, Koala, or Porpoise.
    To be nit-picky back, since you seem to like correcting people, there should be a "gh" in "eighth".

Now to respond to people's content, rather than just focusing on their grammar and spelling...

Creepy-Snaps

In my experience with LSEs so far, most of them are very slow to come round to a new way of looking at things (reinin negativists, naturally suspicious / skeptical etc).

And on top of that they seem generally very impatient and not likely to actually read through several metric tons of socionics material to familiarise themselves with the subject.

Of course, this is only based on the LSEs I've known over the past few months. Maturity levels will obviously be a factor.

(And btw, welcome......great to see a new LSE on here)
    That's me too! I try not to be so stubborn all the time in trying new things. But I haven't gotten around to reading more about socionics yet, even though I know it will probably be useful. There's just so much information!

Speaking of testing, I have actually been asked at work (college) to run an aptitude testing program for students based on socionics, but have declined several times as I don't think socionics is useful in determining peoples' abilities / interests / career possibilities.
    I'm just curious, what practical applications do you get from socionics? If you don't think it's useful in determining people's abilities, interests, or career possibilities, what do you think it's useful for?

There is something wrong with you when you say socionics is like medical science.

Edit: You're not EII.
    I'm trying to understand what you are arguing on the first page, but you seem to argue with everything. Don't know if you were just in a bad mood or what. Maybe you just don't like Shagbag. But, are you disagreeing that socionics is like medical science, because it's not as established? Or there's not enough evidence to back it up? I believe many people on this site would disagree with you...

Also, if you disagree with his type, you could politely suggest the type you think he is. Or at least give reasons why you don't think he's EII. Also, Words, what type do you think you are? I see you don't have one posted by your name.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    That's me too! I try not to be so stubborn all the time in trying new things. But I haven't gotten around to reading more about socionics yet, even though I know it will probably be useful. There's just so much information!

I'm just curious, what practical applications do you get from socionics? If you don't think it's useful in determining people's abilities, interests, or career possibilities, what do you think it's useful for?

I'm trying to understand what you are arguing on the first page, but you seem to argue with everything. Don't know if you were just in a bad mood or what. Maybe you just don't like Shagbag. But, are you disagreeing that socionics is like medical science, because it's not as established? Or there's not enough evidence to back it up? I believe many people on this site would disagree with you...

Also, if you disagree with his type, you could politely suggest the type you think he is. Or at least give reasons why you don't think he's EII. Also, Words, what type do you think you are? I see you don't have one posted by your name.
    stay out of it and you'll be fine.

Creepy-Snaps

, then you have a situation where two identicals don't get on due to some non-socionic reason, ie bad breath, they like the same girl, or you have 2 people in different quadras and they are the most experienced people for the job then you put them in the job and they as adults work together anyway. This is all bullshit in the eyes of most LSEs who want immediate results, not some subjective wishy washy nonesense.
    I guess you don't get how useless socionics is in a practical sense then say for, most LSEs.
    I have found a practical use for socionics! Do you consider yourself LSE, and since you think socionics is useless, you think most other LSEs think that way?

Anyway, regarding your example. Why would two people, compatible through socionics, disagree; or why would two people who are incompatible get along? I believe socionics comes into play when you personally communicate with someone on a neutral level. Obviously if someone has bad breath, you are already predisposed to not liking them, or if you're fighting over the same girl, etc. That doesn't mean all of socionics is subjective or false, just because it's possible to not like someone you're compatible with.

In regards to your example of two incompatible people working together maturely on the same job. Yes, of course it's possible. But I would ask, how closely do they have to work together? Is it a job where they have to communicate a lot, and collaborate to come to decisions? Or can they each work independently? Even if they put in the effort to get along, are their energy levels lower after working with each other? Does it take so much energy out of them each time? What about the long-run? How many weeks/months/years can someone take of an energy-draining relationship, before one of them just quits the job?

Like I said, I find a very practical use for socionics. Especially with your example of work, people quit their jobs all the time because they can't stand their coworkers or bosses. Of course it's possible to be professional regardless. But sometimes there's that tension, when trying to work and collaborate with someone, who simply sees the world differently than you. So, conversely, just because it's possible for two incompatible people to agree at work, doesn't mean that all LSEs think socionics is subjective bull. Like I mentioned, I would look at their energy levels and mood before and after the interaction, to see immediate results.

Oh right, socionics isn't subjective, I must have missed that part where the whole thing is based on a philisophical approach with almost no, well none, empirically published studies, and that basically no one, not even the 'experienced socionists' can agree on peoples types.
    Can you give an example of where experienced socionists disagree on a person's type? I would say the vast majority of people on this forum are still amateurs. I believe experienced socionists (socionicists?) should agree on a person's type if they are given ample examples of a person's behavior, can see from video or real life, or how a person communicates and acts. I believe that because I believe functions manifest themselves in specific behaviors and nuances, which can be picked up by the trained eye.

Creepy-Snaps

stay out of it and you'll be fine.
    But I'm curious to understand your perspective. Aren't internet forums intended for discussion? Nobody's forcing you to explain yourself, but I find constantly spewing opinions without explanations or evidence to be rather immature.

Moreover, if you think all of socionics is too subjective to have any practical application, why are you wasting your time posting here? :wink:

Creepy-Snaps

one of my teachers had us do a personality test for Lion, Badger, Koala, or Porpoise.
    Never heard of that personality test, but I guess several people have.

Being introduced by a reliable source helped with this. Being introduced to enneagram via socionics helped with that. If I were introduced to socionics the way i introduce people to it, I would be skeptical.
    Yes, I was introduced to MBTI and socionics by my roommate in college. He was very smart, and I had a lot of respect for his opinion; so that helped me consider socionics useful.

Was tired of reading news on some portal, saw "your horoscope for today". Thought, why the heck not as long as I am here. Registered on a horoscope forum out of sheer curiosity. Posting, laughing my arse off. A waste of time after two months. Stopped posting. Someone posted a link to a MBTI test. Once again, wanted to see what it is. Didn't last longer in duration than the horoscope 'love'. Found socionics browsing through the MBTI forum and here I am not paricularly involved once again.
    Yes, I originally used astrology to try to type and categorize people, to understand them better, but eventually found it too subjective, and tough to explain to people without looking like a nutjob lol. I find MBTI/socionics a lot more specific with descriptions, and more understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Pretty much. I actually got around to reading your type thread posted in your pic thread and you do sound like an Ni PoLR at the very least, so I would imagine you guys don't like to waste time on something like this. Not to say it's impossible for LSE's to take an interest in this, especially if you've found a productive reason for wanting to learn it, and it sounds like you have

Now I also gotta look up what Ni PoLR means. I saw "PoLR" used elsewhere in another thread, so I guess it's fairly commonly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I think it was around 4-5 years ago someone sent me a link to an MBTI test, I took it but found the results rather vague and spotty, so I did a search for MBTI to learn more about it. I think it was on the MBTI page on Wikipedia that I saw a section on Socionics, which I found to be more in depth though incredibly complicated and confusing
    Nevertheless it ignited my curiosity so I started to read-up on it and eventually came across this forum. I didn't join since I felt that I didn't know enough to contribute but I continued to read, as well as search for other sites, even the Russian ones which I just used Google translate and Babblefish.
    It eventually started to make sense, all the symbols and definitions became like a second language. So I finally joined up and hesitantly began posting here
    Yes, I'm new, and still trying to learn! Not quite a second language yet, but trying to be active and learn more, since it does seem useful, and at the least very interesting!

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My mom was the first person to type me. She did it with one sentence, which was, "Honey, you have enormous empathetic ability, compassionate, kind, and you love to help people."

LOL I guess that would make me an empath in MBTI

It's easy to tell that I see possibilities and potentials in human beings, and I value individual nature of human kind no matter how catagorical the Socionics or MBTI typing is like.

I became interested in Socionics five years ago and learned to VI from Dr. Volkov (a) LOL; one of the writers in the socionics website. I love her she's very nice.

LSE's, like you said, are very active and productive and usually wouldn't waste their time on an internet forum, but it's nice when you do. It's nice when you can give time to your introverted dual, who usually stay in and write on a forum.
    Lol. I don't mean to offend you, since you seem really nice (I agree with your mom! ), but are you sure that you're EII? You seem different than the other EII/INFj's on the forum. Most of them come across rather shy, and you seem more bold and outgoing. You strike me as an extroverted feeler. And I think it comes across rather sensing when you prove yourself with your experience, how long you've been studying socionics, and whom you studied from. I would guess you're SEE/ESFp?

EIIs are described as very understanding with people, and they love to help. That doesn't mean you can't also be very understanding and helpful Maritsa! I know it can be very hard to change your self-image, but I urge you to consider another type. Or if you're not too offended, justify why you think you're EII. Why do you think you're much more outgoing than the average EII?

Interesting, are you gay?
    I don't understand why you would ask if she's gay. I read her post again, and nothing even hints on it. Words, mind if I ask how old are you? You seem to love provoking everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Your biggest weaknesses which are keeping you from applying your "education" correctly are:

1. you do not gather enough information to make your typings

2. when you try to gather information in your very incomplete way, you have a lot of trouble keeping an open mind. You've already assumed things about the person and that's what seems to color the info that you receive.

3. you think a little bit too much of the compliments people have given you in the past. Thus, it makes you very cocky and causes you to jump to conclusions (and incorrect typings).
    Lol I guess a lot of people disagree with you Maritsa?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*s*******

If you weren't so dismissive of my posts to begin with then maybe I would entertain you with the answers you somehow think you deserve. People like you apparently don't realise this communicaton is a two way street.

Creepy-Snaps

Yes, I know of course MBTI is different than socionics; but MBTI says "only the individual can determine his or her true type preference". I think it's somewhat rude to tell someone what their type is. For example, when I disagree with people such as Maritsa about what their type is, I say what I think and make a suggestion. I don't blatantly tell someone they're wrong with their own thinking. Obviously you know yourself better individually than me or any other person on this forum.

Following the path of your logic no one on here has the sole right to question one's type. Get familiar with DA and Maritsa
    Haha.

People here cannot see or hear me when I talk, they are interacting purely with text, and therefore have an incomplete picture, leading them to fill in the blanks with their own preconceived expectations.
    Agreed. Nonverbal communication is very important. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Tone of voice, body language, etc.

I also think that many people here forget to take into account the importance of maturity, personal development, level of dualization etc. of the person they are trying to type. I honestly believe that ALL types are able to develop ALL/ANY of their functions (through regular use) to levels where this would make their base type more obscure (initially).
    Yes, I think I have a much stronger Fe compared with other LSEs. I was raised in a Christian school, disciplined for being rude throughout my childhood, taught to consider other people's viewpoints and feelings, although it didn't come naturally at all. My parents divorced, and I lived with my Mom and two older sisters as the only guy in the house. I had to learn to be more polite in order to survive lol.

More insults without anything actually useful, thanks.

God, why did I bother coming back here.
    Don't get turned away by Words, all he does is insult people apparently. Do stay.

Finally caught up with replying to everyone!

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't get turned away by Words, all he does is insult people apparently. Do stay.
    Have you ever been laid?

Creepy-Snaps

Have you ever been laid?
    Case and point. See how he tries to personally insult people who disagree with him? Just don't take the bait. :wink:

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Case and point. See how he tries to personally insult people who disagree with him? Just don't take the bait. :wink:
    I hardly think you count as everyone. Maybe you could speak to shagbag and see if he'll live up to his name for you? Sure will keep you out of my hair for a while.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issued warning to words. Please don't harrass other members in the future, thank you. Forum Rules.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Issued warning to words. Please don't harrass other members in the future, thank you. Forum Rules.
    I actually don't know what rule and why I broke.

Creepy-Snaps

I hardly think you count as everyone. Maybe you could speak to shagbag and see if he'll live up to his name for you? Sure will keep you out of my hair for a while.
    I was contemplating if it was even worth replying to you. I never said I was everyone, how do you assume that? And how am 'in your hair' at all?

I gave you an opportunity to explain your statement why you thought socionics was "useless", and you replied with "stay out of it and you'll be fine". I'm sorry if you think I'm 'in your hair', but saying that socionics is too subjective and useless on a socionics forum is everyone's business!

Just thought you should know I reported you. I hope you get a suspension or ban to cool off. I reported your 3 posts for:

1) Asking if Maritsa is gay.
    2) Trolling/harassing Shagbag the Wizard, getting on his case for anything he says.
    3) Asking if I have ever been laid.

All these things violate the Forum Rules posted by Jxrtes, which clearly state:
    "- don't insult, harass, flame, abuse, bully or troll members"

You are in clear violation of the rules. You have been insulting, harassed several members, and trolled people, all on this one thread. You are deserving of a suspension/ban.

More importantly than a suspension/ban from an internet forum, I hope you learn to have some respect when talking with people.

Have a good night.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Thank you for your response.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't know what rule and why I broke.
    trolling

Edit: You're not EII.
    Have you ever been laid?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was contemplating if it was even worth replying to you. I never said I was everyone, how do you assume that? And how am 'in your hair' at all?

I gave you an opportunity to explain your statement why you thought socionics was "useless", and you replied with "stay out of it and you'll be fine". I'm sorry if you think I'm 'in your hair', but saying that socionics is too subjective and useless on a socionics forum is everyone's business!
    I asked you to keep your nose out of my conversation with shag. You didn't but somehow thought it was ok to harass me over it.
    Just thought you should know I reported you. I hope you get a suspension or ban to cool off. I reported your 3 posts for:

I asked Maritsa if she's gay because she was coming out with a bunch of lovely dovey feelings. It's a joke it's not harrassment.
    2) Trolling/harassing Shagbag the Wizard, getting on his case for anything he says.
    Anything he says? I just answered some things directed at me.
    Then you violate the forum rules yourself by continuing to harass me and make comments on my person, which is what I responded to. Do it to me and I'll do it back.

[/quote]All these things violate the Forum Rules posted by Jxrtes, which clearly state:
    "- don't insult, harass,
    You are in clear violation of the rules. You have been insulting, harassed several members, and trolled people, all on this one thread. You are deserving of a suspension/ban.

More importantly than a suspension/ban from an internet forum, I hope you learn to have some respect when talking with people.

Have a good night.[/QUOTE]
    Patronizing bastard. Pass judgement on someone you actually know.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So was DA trolling when she stated that absurd is not LSE. Give it a break.

See my above post for the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    trolling
    Last edited by Words; 10-15-2010 at 03:48 AM.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Words reminds me of Cyclops.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked you to keep your nose out of my conversation with shag. You didn't but somehow thought it was ok to harass me over it.
    This is an open forum and anyone is free to jump into conversations and discussions, barring that they're not breaking any forum rules.

I asked Maritsa if she's gay because she was coming out with a bunch of lovely dovey feelings. It's a joke it's not harrassment.
    A joke can still be harassment

Anything he says? I just answered some things directed at me.Then you violate the forum rules yourself by continuing to harass me and make comments on my person, which is what I responded to. Do it to me and I'll do it back.
    I have read through the thread and I'm unsure of what you're referring to. If you felt that you were being harassed it's better to send a report so that the mods can look it over and handle it constructively; or you can PM it to me or another Mod

Patronizing bastard. Pass judgement on someone you actually know.
    This is uncalled for, and you have already been warned about this by jxrtes. The next time I see you make a character attack I'm giving you an infraction

So was DA trolling when she stated that absurd is not LSE. Give it a break.

See my above post for the rest.
    I agree with you. If anyone wants to make authoritative statements against a persons type it should be taken to the "What's My Type?" section.
    Making personal suppositions such as "I think" or "In my opinion" is acceptable, as long as they're no character attacks made in doing so
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew

Have a good night.

Once again I repeat........God, I love LSEs!

Thanks MD, I feel somehow exonerated, lol.

Self-analysis time:

Wow, I seem to get a real boost when someone else takes it upon themself to stand up for me. It makes me feel like I'm being "taken care of", a curiously thrilling sensation.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK then, i'll try to conform to what's required and i'll start a fresh.

So i'll re-answer one of your posts:

I have found a practical use for socionics! Do you consider yourself LSE, and since you think socionics is useless, you think most other LSEs think that way?
    What is the practical use you've found, I sure would be interested if you share. I think that most LSEs aren't interested in socionics.

Anyway, regarding your example. Why would two people, compatible through socionics, disagree; or why would two people who are incompatible get along? I believe socionics comes into play when you personally communicate with someone on a neutral level. Obviously if someone has bad breath, you are already predisposed to not liking them, or if you're fighting over the same girl, etc. That doesn't mean all of socionics is subjective or false, just because it's possible to not like someone you're compatible with.
    I think there's too many things to list that affect people. In my experience, socionics can present the impression of explaining everything in life, but in reality i've found it's predictive ability is sporadic, so I have it in my mind to a certain degree, however, I also find that removing it from my mind can often be useful and just to interact with people as they are, and live of my experiences and instinct. However, if i'm not getting on with someone, socionics can be a comfort to explain why, of course maybe it's nothing to do with socionics but it's a comfort blanket.

Going back to initial point, you may find this interesting if you haven't already found it:

The Socionist: My Personal Typology

Here Rick De Long talks about other methods he uses for typing..identifying people alongside socionics.

My own opinion is that there can be millions of typologies but nothing can explain the completeness of a person, unfortunately they are just too complicated, or perhaps that's not unfortunate.

In regards to your example of two incompatible people working together maturely on the same job. Yes, of course it's possible. But I would ask, how closely do they have to work together? Is it a job where they have to communicate a lot, and collaborate to come to decisions? Or can they each work independently? Even if they put in the effort to get along, are their energy levels lower after working with each other? Does it take so much energy out of them each time? What about the long-run? How many weeks/months/years can someone take of an energy-draining relationship, before one of them just quits the job?
    Eh, i've seen people into the weirdest things. Another example is gender. Although I would like to be able to treat both sexes equally, my experience with male and female colleagues is that they handle things differently, and I generally need to adapt my approach.

Like I said, I find a very practical use for socionics. Especially with your example of work, people quit their jobs all the time because they can't stand their coworkers or bosses. Of course it's possible to be professional regardless. But sometimes there's that tension, when trying to work and collaborate with someone, who simply sees the world differently than you. So, conversely, just because it's possible for two incompatible people to agree at work, doesn't mean that all LSEs think socionics is subjective bull. Like I mentioned, I would look at their energy levels and mood before and after the interaction, to see immediate results.
    Yes that's true, although i've seen mirrors and identicals compete, and i've seen jobs which you could say have a high T leaning and if for instance you as an ESTj may find that another T type (say INTp or INTj) is more useful to getting the job done and the money earned than say, a dual, who perhaps would complete the other aspects of your life.

Can you give an example of where experienced socionists disagree on a person's type? I would say the vast majority of people on this forum are still amateurs. I believe experienced socionists (socionicists?) should agree on a person's type if they are given ample examples of a person's behavior, can see from video or real life, or how a person communicates and acts. I believe that because I believe functions manifest themselves in specific behaviors and nuances, which can be picked up by the trained eye.
    Well, I mentioned one before, which was Expat (who as I understand it is regarded as an experienced socionist) typing David Cameron as EIE and Ganin typing him as SLI. You could have a look at Ganins list, Renins list and Ricks list, you'll find some disagreements, eg Chris Langan, Ganin gives him ESFP, Rick gives him ISTj. Some of Ashura's initial typings have been challenged due to an 'ENTp' bias.

I guess the overall point is that for socionics, to reach a universal consensus isn't particularly possible, as all the means of testing so far involve subjectivity, eg from the interviewee or the interviewer. Compare to for instance medicine, you do a scan on someone or a blood test and it shows cancer, yes it can be wrong if someone makes a mistake in the test down to basic human error, but objectively you can look at the results and you can objectively say, yes that person has XYZ. Until it's possible...if ever to define type with an actual objective means then we have to question its validity.

You may also be interested that I previously posted an actual scientific study on MBTI dichotomies, and it's conclusion was that bipolarity didn't exist.

Now, moving on, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you, Shagbag and Maritsa and anyone else on this thread. I hope you'll find my current response much more satisfactory and i'll try to continue that. To explain somewhat: I get frustrated at times with what I perceive as illogical or unfair responses, so i'll give curt responses, which is my issue. Let us all move on and discuss things as adults and equals.
    Last edited by Words; 10-15-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Word
    Now, moving on, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you, Shagbag
    Naturally, apology accepted.

Appreciate the honesty / humility.

I get frustrated at times with what I perceive as illogical or unfair responses
    Understood.

Maybe keep in mind that EIIs sometimes struggle to explain things in exact technical detail due to weaker Te/Ti. We very seldom are trying to be deliberately rude or dismissive, so apologies if it ever came across that way.

Let us all move on and discuss things as adults and equals.
    Sounds great.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a good night.
    How's that for a mirror moment?

We mustnt forget that SLIs have Fe-POLR. Their expression of feelings might come across more crass than they intended.

Maybe a socionics-based provision of a being eligible for an extra warning or two should be put in place for all Fe-POLRs before they progress to a more serious punishment?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i think his post in this thread describing how he came to the forum illustrates Si as described by Augusta ("an object's internal state we view as the relationship between events that cause each other"). Si creatives are known for describing the details of how things happened in sequence.

thought you may be interested in this, as well.
    SLE have Te demonstrative and SLI have Te creative those make the three somewhat Te look a likes. And, I don't type a person with one sentence.

Why? Are you a woman?
    Ps. Calm down....ommmmm zen meditative mode, nice and calm (don't aggravate yourself over nonsense).

Lol. I don't mean to offend you, since you seem really nice (I agree with your mom! ), but are you sure that you're EII? You seem different than the other EII/INFj's on the forum. Most of them come across rather shy, and you seem more bold and outgoing. You strike me as an extroverted feeler. And I think it comes across rather sensing when you prove yourself with your experience, how long you've been studying socionics, and whom you studied from. I would guess you're SEE/ESFp?

EIIs are described as very understanding with people, and they love to help. That doesn't mean you can't also be very understanding and helpful Maritsa! I know it can be very hard to change your self-image, but I urge you to consider another type. Or if you're not too offended, justify why you think you're EII. Why do you think you're much more outgoing than the average EII?

I don't understand why you would ask if she's gay. I read her post again, and nothing even hints on it. Words, mind if I ask how old are you? You seem to love provoking everyone.

Lol I guess a lot of people disagree with you Maritsa?
    LOL, close your eyes and look into your heart, if you then don't find me to be your dual then perhaps you aren't looking at the right things.

PS. Also, please spend LOTS of time learning the functions as described by socionics in the russian sites and apply them to evaluating people and not by "experience" because if you're "experiencing" the wrong types and associating them to be "EII" then you may not be painting the picture of your dual. (The above sentence is an example of Ti role and an example of how it manifests in me, an EII ). I'm basically saying, take Ti ( a rule that has been established previously) and apply it, which of course you don't do because you ignore Ti, but that I do often because I have Ti role. So I stick with rules, most driven by society, and which I value as a part of my value system of integrity and honesty, and I use it as my role functions. Socionics is easy as pie.

I'll help you see the connections and patterns (called activating your Ne-hence your Ne activation and my Ne creative); if you want it.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-16-2010 at 04:01 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

OK then, i'll try to conform to what's required and i'll start a fresh.
    I guess the overall point is that for socionics, to reach a universal consensus isn't particularly possible, as all the means of testing so far involve subjectivity, eg from the interviewee or the interviewer. Compare to for instance medicine, you do a scan on someone or a blood test and it shows cancer, yes it can be wrong if someone makes a mistake in the test down to basic human error, but objectively you can look at the results and you can objectively say, yes that person has XYZ. Until it's possible...if ever to define type with an actual objective means then we have to question its validity.
    I have found a way to test Socionics and I have so far gotten consistent results with Morphology and my test.

You're welcome to read about it when I've attained enough funding to test it on a big scale and publish the results in a journal.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
    I have found a way to test Socionics and I have so far gotten consistent results with Morphology and my test.

You're welcome to read about it when I've attained enough funding to test it on a big scale and publish the results in a journal.
    Very serious question.

Who will fund it?

This side of Russia, who would fund Socionics?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast