Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find/meet ENFps? Where are you hiding?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps, please help me out here..? Toward which jobs do you usually gravitate? Which kinda things do you like to study..? I'm trying to meet more of you... Hoping to meet more of you
    I frequently change jobs and despise studying anything.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    During meals though, I tend to talk way too much. Everyone will finish eating and I will have a full plate. So at times I think I probably ramble.
    +1 to this as well.

Interestingly enough, I can gauge how much I'm talking by how fast (or slow) I'm eating or how much I've eaten. It goes both ways, but I still find it humorous when I've barely eaten and I've been talking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    When I've met identicals, the things that stick out are:

sensitivity and a bit shy (like what you say to them really affects their mood), really friendly and warm, develop rapor with you almost instantly, laid back, and they seem very calm, but then will get jumpy and excited about something for a bit, and then back to calm. Also kinda impulsive emotionally (like quick to jump into a relationship w/o really thinking it over).
    This was great and very like me as well.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    P.S. tereg, I feel you with the disparate fields of study... My degree programs have been in art history, film, history of science, and now journalism.... I agree with you about responsibilities too--obligations vs. wanting to be there out of enthusiasm=very important
    That's basically why I'm not an engineer, and why I decided to work as a shift manager at Pizza Hut for a couple of years right after college.

The customer service experience from that really hit something within me, even though people close (like family) kept giving me the "I don't understand why you're working there"/"You shouldn't be working for $8/hr with a college degree."/"You deserve better than this" sort of vibe. Which, sure, I get it, but... whatever. The experience was good for me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps, please help me out here..? Toward which jobs do you usually gravitate? Which kinda things do you like to study..? I'm trying to meet more of you... Hoping to meet more of you
    Every job of mine has been incredibly technical, and mostly with computers, except for my first.

I do change jobs a lot, but they've had the same pattern so far.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wanted to be a zookeeper. Still do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLIs I know do lean in the technical or artistic direction: steel fabricator, engineering consultant, computer programmer (2), interior designer, architect (2), graphic designer, mechanic, security system installer, animation/film graphics designer, and one random guy who works in a bakery I frequent. He's the oddball.

I'm so glad the rest of the IEEs can put down their thoughts so well Probably would have taken me hours to sort out anything coherent. I kind of wish I'd gone into something more like pure art. Architecture is more like law, politics, and paper pushing half the time. Now I'm trying to get myself into more of a marketing-development-anything-with-less-desk-more-people sort of job.

Where am I hiding? I'm not. I just don't randomly talk to people unless I have a reason. Like the guy in front of me at the grocery store who was buying two of the biggest bags of parrot food I'd ever seen. Of course I had to comment on that, and I found out he had 50 (!!!) birds in his house. Everything from parrots to cockatiels to finches. Weird. Maybe if you start investing in parrot food you'll spark an IEE's curiosity.

Overall if I had to choose an environment in which I feel most comfortable approaching people, it would be a smallish group with some sort of common interest/activity to spark conversation. I probably wouldn't even start a conversation til I'd been there a while. Size of group makes a huge difference for me - I particularly noticed it just this week. For whatever reason, my yoga class was tiny - about 8 people. All of a sudden I actually felt comfortable asking questions and getting to know the people who were there. It was like a switch flipped. Any larger group and I don't like drawing attention to myself.

Creepy-Cyclops

ENFp's are everywhere, i've became a lot better at recognising them, i'll try post some stuff later, but essentially it just comes down to understanding the types I think.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ENFp's are everywhere, i've became a lot better at recognising them, i'll try post some stuff later, but essentially it just comes down to understanding the types I think.
    Absolutely. I spot SLIs on a daily basis.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate so much to what all the IEEs have said here! I considered quoting certain parts that I identify strongly with, but that would make for a very long post since there is so much. I'm having a hard time finding something to add. You guys are so my identicals! <3

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Teach me how, teach me how!

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post

Teach me how, teach me how!

^^^^^^

=D
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met like one male in my life and no females, i don't think they exist anywhere near me. So really...whats the secret?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no "secret", it's just your level of understanding of socionics, like Cyclops said. But I'll try to give you some advice.

I've come to the conclusion that types are more or less evenly distributed among the population. MBTI considers "intuition" rare, but it's really not so. There are intuitives everywhere, but many of them don't fit our stereotype of what being an intuitive is.

There is my ILI neighbor, for example, who spends most of her time at wok in the family's restaurant. If I simply judged she by that, I would come to the conclusion that she's some sensor type, probably ESI. But after a bit of observation it becomes evident that Fi is quite subdued and is more a hidden agenda than a primary mode of thinking. Also, the Fe PoLR is quite evident in that she almost never feeds Fe into the environment and her response to it is somewhat "clumsy". The most difficult part, however, would be to tell between Ni and Si for base and role. If you're not skilled at typing you'll be tempted to think that if she does a lot of Si stuff, then she's Si base, but in this case Si is role and I know because she doesn't have trouble with Ne, something a true Si type would have a lot of difficulty with.

Point here is to get rid on your stereotypes about people. What they appear does not always match what they really are. They are not likely to match the formal description. You expect an SLI to be very quiet and so; but I know one who is quite loud and can actually come across as an ESE. I know another who is very concerned about people, sentiments and such and could come across as a SEI or even IEI.

Well, I hope it helps.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikemex, what you wrote made me think of something. I've always felt that I'm surrounded by sensors. Almost everyone I've typed, I end up typing as a sensor. Maybe I need to re-assess.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no "secret", it's just your level of understanding of socionics, like Cyclops said. But I'll try to give you some advice.

I've come to the conclusion that types are more or less evenly distributed among the population. MBTI considers "intuition" rare, but it's really not so. There are intuitives everywhere, but many of them don't fit our stereotype of what being an intuitive is.

There is my ILI neighbor, for example, who spends most of her time at wok in the family's restaurant. If I simply judged she by that, I would come to the conclusion that she's some sensor type, probably ESI. But after a bit of observation it becomes evident that Fi is quite subdued and is more a hidden agenda than a primary mode of thinking. Also, the Fe PoLR is quite evident in that she almost never feeds Fe into the environment and her response to it is somewhat "clumsy". The most difficult part, however, would be to tell between Ni and Si for base and role. If you're not skilled at typing you'll be tempted to think that if she does a lot of Si stuff, then she's Si base, but in this case Si is role and I know because she doesn't have trouble with Ne, something a true Si type would have a lot of difficulty with.

Point here is to get rid on your stereotypes about people. What they appear does not always match what they really are. They are not likely to match the formal description. You expect an SLI to be very quiet and so; but I know one who is quite loud and can actually come across as an ESE. I know another who is very concerned about people, sentiments and such and could come across as a SEI or even IEI.

Well, I hope it helps.
    This is well-put.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I have met like one male in my life and no females, i don't think they exist anywhere near me. So really...whats the secret?
    Do you live under a rock?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the male population seems to be ISTP. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to spot them.

Creepy-Cyclops

Although it's been sort of mentioned in another thread, most of those I come into contact with are ethicals. I think Fe PoLR is something more rare amongst men and woman, rarer than Fi PoLR. N PoLR seems to be quite common, followed by maybe T and then S (and then Fi then Fe haha.) Not really sure how much this helps find ENFp's (or ISTp's) per se, just thought i'd share!

ENFp's like ISTp's "Si" general vibe about them, that's for sure!

Creepy-Cyclops

Well, I hope it helps.
    Your views on typing here mate are quite similar to things I notice also. In regards to the types being evenly spread, I'm not so sure, I guess that part maybe just comes down to our 'general' environment we find ourselves in. But there's generally enough people..and therefore enough for there to be all of the types in sufficient quantity for us to run into them all!

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Most of the male population seems to be ISTP. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to spot them.
    the problem isnt finding the males.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    the problem isnt finding the males.
    Exactly

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well me and Songofsappho are the only known female ISTP's in existance...yeah, i guess it's hard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm acquainted with a young lady who I am not sure is ISTP or ISTJ. What would you ISTP ladies suggest I look for to tell the difference? If she was ISTP what would could a guy do to knock her socks off? What kind of things are you looking for in your dream guy? I know that everyone responds in their own unique manner but I'm curious as to what you'd say anyway.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp girls are funny.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And ISTJ's aren't. I would think it'd be quite easy to differentiate between the two...maybe not at first glance but once you get to know them, it has to be extremely obvious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

Edit: I should point out that some subtlety flies over my head. Like if a girl was trying to get my attention and I didn't notice, it's not because I didn't want it, it's because I completely missed it. And yes, that has happened on multiple occasions with me (only knew because someone told me later what I was "missing").

Women: pay attention to the part quoted above.

Using your awesome powers of feminine 'subtlety' to flirt with a man is like using a spider web to catch a rhino.

!=
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jobs - I've had all sorts, but I keep coming back to administrative assistant/ project management because I can manage/organize information in my sleep and it represents the most amount of income I can make for any other job I'm currently qualified for or willing to do. But my favorite jobs have involved more physical activity, such as when I ran a paintball field, when I managed a warehouse by myself, or had my own organizing business (I also enjoyed working at an oil-change place, except that I smelled like dirty oil all the time). The biggest thing is that I can't deal with people all day long - data or concrete objects, yes, but people and their drama, no.
    Studies - I've studied all kinds of things, from philosophy to anatomy to quantum physics to solar energy to semantics to nutrition to economics. But it's all just a jumble of interesting abstractions until I can either put it to direct use or at least relate it to my own experiences (a subtle difference, I suppose). I can't stand learning in a classroom although I recognize the usefulness of its structure for certain topics (for example, I've tried to teach myself electronics a couple of times; I think I may actually benefit from being in a class for that one). I also love to get a little lost and work my way back out - I'm a little too lazy to take on anything too ambitious, but if I want to do something and know I don't quite know as much as I should, I'll probably trust myself to figure it out along the way, and will actually look forward to the challenge.
    Also, I relate to the 'I'm not a loner, but I do well alone' idea... ENFps, it seems, might need company a bit less than the other extroverts..?
    As for this, I would say "I am a loner, but I do OK when not alone" ... could this be one reason the pairing does get along well when we do meet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    are you sure you're ENFP, Tereg?
    I HAVE BEEN HOLDING BACK ALL THE TIME BUT NOW I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER AND SIMPLY HAVE TO SAY THIS:

I really mean no offense to Tereg, but when he changed his type from EII to IEE, I frowned very strongly. In my opinion, his posts, even in this thread, radiate a very high level of Fe, and the vibes I get from them are so out of line with the sense I get from other self-acclaimed IEE's posts, who are in sync with each other. Also, his own analysis of how his own personality relates to the IEE domain stories on the wiki, gave me the sense that he was bending what he read to fit himself. Imho, Tereg's psychological type is not the same as that of e.g. Rick, Topaz, Slacker Mom, Meatburger etc.

I hope Tereg can forgive me for this
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I HAVE BEEN HOLDING BACK ALL THE TIME BUT NOW I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER AND SIMPLY HAVE TO SAY THIS:

I really mean no offense to Tereg, but when he changed his type from EII to IEE, I frowned very strongly. In my opinion, his posts, even in this thread, radiate a very high level of Fe, and the vibes I get from them are so out of line with the sense I get from other self-acclaimed IEE's posts, who are in sync with each other. Also, his own analysis of how his own personality relates to the IEE domain stories on the wiki, gave me the sense that he was bending what he read to fit himself. Imho, Tereg's psychological type is not the same as that of e.g. Rick, Topaz, Slacker Mom, Meatburger etc.

I hope Tereg can forgive me for this
    How do EIIs have stronger Fe than IEEs? Not sure if that was a typo.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do EIIs have stronger Fe than IEEs? Not sure if that was a typo.
    I would have to look that up However, I did not mention yet that I also doubt EII would be more valid in his case. How I experience his posts:

• Fe probably creative
    • Ne weak, but strongly expressed (Role or suggestive, but reminds me of SEI-Ne after long exposure to Base Ne types, thus suggestive)
    • Ti mobilizing: there is a lot of Ti expressed (he has a system be believes in) but the Ti is a bit funny, probably totally illogical (in the Mr.Spock sense) to many logical (in the Socionic sense) types.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to look that up However, I did not mention yet that I also doubt EII would be more valid in his case. How I experience his posts:

• Fe probably creative
    • Ne weak, but strongly expressed (Role or suggestive, but reminds me of SEI-Ne after long exposure to Base Ne types, thus suggestive)
    • Ti mobilizing: there is a lot of Ti expressed (he has a system be believes in) but the Ti is a bit funny, probably totally illogical (in the Mr.Spock sense) to many logical (in the Socionic sense) types.
    Well, you said you "frowned" when he changed. But anyway, I just thought maybe you had meant IEI or something.

FWIW, I don't see tereg's posts full of Fe, as you mentioned and I relate to many of his posts.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you said you "frowned" when he changed. But anyway, I just thought maybe you had meant IEI or something.
    I frowned, not hecause he left the EII position, but because he converted to IEE. Had he converted from LSI ti IEE, I would have frowned as well (okay, bad example, let's say from ILE to IEE).

...and I relate to many of his posts.
    So do I. The same way I relate to the universal type description.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that many adherents of MBTI do typing by comparing individuals (thus your type is decided upon on how you compare to other people on the 4 scales), whereas Socionics determines type by looking at how strong functions are used within a single individual, not in comparison to other people. This of course implies that, in Socionics, the Ti of an individual who has it for PoLR, can still be stronger than, e.g. the Ti in an individual who has it for a leading or creative function.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Fe probably creative
    eh, nm. can you point me towards his "Ti mobilizing"?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm, this is interesting.

I'm not offended at all though, but very curious though. I would like to discuss this more in depth.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I can ask some questions that I have that might help further this discussion.

If my psychological type is not similar to Rick, Topaz, Slacker Mom, Meatburger etc, then in your observations who do I resemble? (I know it's another person-to-person comparison, but it would help me though sort of see things how you see it)

What, in your opinion would be the difference between Ti mobilizing and Ti PoLR? What are the defining characteristics that separate them with respect to how you perceive me and how I use my system?

Similar question for Fe. What, in your opinion are the defining characteristics between Fe creative and Fe demonstrative with respect to what you perceive in my posts?

If you can provide specific examples to illustrate these concepts I would be willing to look at them. I.e. if you can provide examples where I'm using Fe to such a degree that suggests Fe creative and then maybe provide a counter-example where the Fe would fit more of a demonstrative mold.

I must admit that I've felt more comfortable with IEE through the bond that I've felt with other self-typed IEE's as well as the general consensus of the board typing me as such. The descriptions, while useful to an extent, only really became much clearer through interaction with other people and other types. Although, reading Rick's description of the building block fundamentals of what each function does helped me tremendously to visualise and understand areas in which each of those functions plays out in my life.

But, do not fear. I am not offended at all by this. If anything, this process should serve to strengthen me.

Every man has his own destiny: The only imperative is to follow it, to accept it…
    …no matter where it leads him.
    -Henry Miller
    If it takes me somewhere else, ok. If it leaves me at IEE, ok. But I hope that a good discussion will come about from this.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I relate strongly to his recent posts about stability/support... I imagine that a lot of ENFps do.

I've recognized that he expresses himself differently than I do, but I've attributed that to subtype differences.

If it takes me somewhere else, ok. If it leaves me at IEE, ok. But I hope that a good discussion will come about from this.
    This is a good attitude to take.

I'm as sure of my Socionics type as can be reasonable... When other ppl have suggested other types, generally it leads me to believe that they've misinterpreted info or have mistyped themselves (e.g. Niffweed.)

What other types have you considered for yourself, tereg..?
    Last edited by JuJu; 08-23-2008 at 08:18 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I relate strongly to his recent posts about stability/support... I imagine that a lot of ENFps do.

I've recognized that he expresses himself differently than I do, but I've attributed that to subtype differences.

This is a good attitude to take.

I'm as sure of my Socionics type as can be reasonable... When other ppl have suggested other types, generally it leads me to believe that they've misinterpreted info or have mistyped themselves (e.g. Niffweed.)

What other types have you considered for yourself, tereg..?
    Well, none recently. I have also been as reasonably confident as I can with respect to my self-typing (also given the fact that the consensus has spoken overwhelmingly similarly).

When I first started in Socionics, however, I had typed myself as EII. I had also considered the possibility of IEI or SEI.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I can ask some questions that I have that might help further this discussion.

If my psychological type is not similar to Rick, Topaz, Slacker Mom, Meatburger etc, then in your observations who do I resemble? (I know it's another person-to-person comparison, but it would help me though sort of see things how you see it)

What, in your opinion would be the difference between Ti mobilizing and Ti PoLR? What are the defining characteristics that separate them with respect to how you perceive me and how I use my system?

Similar question for Fe. What, in your opinion are the defining characteristics between Fe creative and Fe demonstrative with respect to what you perceive in my posts?

If you can provide specific examples to illustrate these concepts I would be willing to look at them. I.e. if you can provide examples where I'm using Fe to such a degree that suggests Fe creative and then maybe provide a counter-example where the Fe would fit more of a demonstrative mold.

I must admit that I've felt more comfortable with IEE through the bond that I've felt with other self-typed IEE's as well as the general consensus of the board typing me as such. The descriptions, while useful to an extent, only really became much clearer through interaction with other people and other types. Although, reading Rick's description of the building block fundamentals of what each function does helped me tremendously to visualise and understand areas in which each of those functions plays out in my life.

But, do not fear. I am not offended at all by this. If anything, this process should serve to strengthen me.

Well, I think it's difficult to explain why I don't perceive you as an IEE, because I very much think I use Ne in order to arrive at the conclusion, and Ne is a perceiving function, not a judging function, but lets give it a try anyway:

First we'll start with Ne, although you didn't ask about it. What is Ne? It is about perceiving connections between thing and the perception of possibilities. We must remind ourselves that the use of Ne is not unique to ILE's and IEE's, all types use Ne to some extent. What sets leading and creative Ne apart from other styles of Ne, is that more often than not, leading and creative Ne perceives connections between things and possibilities CORRECTLY, i.e. other types do Ne too, but arrive at wrong conclusions more often, or they tend to see a connection between things THAT ARE NOT THERE. And that is what I see you doing very frequently, but nowhere was it so obvious as that page you started a while ago on the wiki in which you gave examples of your own life and how well these related to things written in Rick's extended type description. When I was going over that account, at pretty much each example I thought to myself "No Tereg, you are seeing a connection that is not there! You are reading it in a Forer effect style." Now I can't go over all things stated in that thread, because I can't give arguments why you are wrong. This is the nature of Ne: to perceive something and know intuitively if it is correct or not. The connections you created, are imho, wildly imaginative. Then how does Ne manifest itself in you? Well, I don't know you personally, but you seem to use Ne in a way I've come to know from leading Si types (clearly, you do value Ne), and particularly SEI's. Normally, Ne as a suggestive function is a privately used function, however, when leading Si types come into contact with leading Ne types, they let their restraint go and start using their Ne socially.

Now on Ti: from my perspective, many of your posts are about explaining things into a 'system'. IEE's, contrary to ILE's, do not advertise their 'systems' as loudly as you do, unless they are absolutely positive that they are right about them. Ti PoLR is a privately used function. Ti mobilizing, however, although weak in quality, can manifest itself strongly in quantity. All types use Ti to some extent, so you and I, whatever our types, do too. But similar to what I said an Ne, it's leading and creative Ti types that are more likely to arrive at correct systems (within the framework of their knowledge), where other types are less likely to come up with correct systems (even though their framework of knowledge is big enough to arrive at correct systems, so it's not the lack of knowledge that would be causing the incorrect systems). Your systems are, imho, very entertaining and cute, but they are simply not realistic.

Functions do not exist in a vacuum, and we have to look at the relationship between Ne and Ti too. I think the way you use your super-ego block points out to ILE seeking.

Finally on Fe: I don't have a good argument for this, I can only say you seem to be a good natured guy, the style of your posts reminds me of the good naturedness of SEI's (as opposed to the manipulative emotionality of IEI's). Futhermore, there is an absence of Fi-style dramatism.

Well, all 'n' all not a very good argument, but it's the best I can do. Once more: I don't know you personally, but based on your contributions to this forum, I would say SEI. An SEI who behaves like he's in contact with leading Ne types.

There is a thing I'd like to ask: a while ago you wrote somewhere in a thread (which I can't find) something to the effect that you were frustrated about people not understanding some things that are hard to handle for you. I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly, it was your manager in a hamburger restaurant, but I might have mixed this up. Do you know what posts I'm talking about and where I can find it?

P.S.: as for the self-typing of other IEE's, I'm not convinced all self-acclaimed IEE's here are. In particular, I would like to stick to the people I've mentioned, because I have seen enough of them and all they have said was not only in agreement with what I consider to be IEE, but also there is a lack of things contradicting the IEE typing. They are in sync. Of all other self-acclaimed IEE's, I can only say that I have not seen very much that confirms they are IEE, but I have not seen anything that contradicts it either, so I'm taking a neutral stand on them. But not with Tereg: I do not see the IEE confirmed in him, but I do see it contradicted. Furthermore, I seen many people in real life taking an MBTI test and arriving at IEE, because that is how they saw themselves, not what they really were. My own girl friend (SEI) was an example of that: When I explained MBTI to her, she thought she was ENFP, but later she came out of Rick's test as ESE (well, she is a very social SEI).
    Last edited by consentingadult; 08-24-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so does my SEI girl friend, and my LSI ex, and my SLE ex. Many types (perhaps all of them??) seek stability and support. However, I do think SEI's have a greater need for it, are also more capable of giving in to it, whereas IEE's might be more split about it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met an ENFP this weekend and then he disappeared

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast