View Poll Results: Who is the best vote?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

2 3.57%
  • Ben Carson

1 1.79%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Ted Cruz

4 7.14%
  • Carly Fiorina

1 1.79%
  • Jim Gilmore

0 0%
  • Lindsey Graham

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 1.79%
  • Bobby Jindal

1 1.79%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • George Pataki

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 1.79%
  • Marco Rubio

0 0%
  • Rick Santorum

0 0%
  • Donald Trump

13 23.21%
  • Hillary Clinton

7 12.50%
  • Martin OMalley

1 1.79%
  • Bernie Sanders

24 42.86%
  • Other - Independent

0 0%
  • Other - Green

2 3.57%
  • Other - Libertarian

2 3.57%
  • Other - Other

0 0%
  • Suck it

11 19.64%
  • I made an extra option

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Election

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems most people are somewhere between Bargaining and Acceptance right now.
    First it was, is Trump really running?
    Then it was, he can't win.
    Then it was, did he seriously win? Let's protest.
    Now it's, how did he win?
    (Notwithstanding the minority idea that faithless electors are going to be a thing.)

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It seems most people are somewhere between Bargaining and Acceptance right now.
    First it was, is Trump really running?
    Then it was, he can't win.
    Then it was, did he seriously win? Let's protest.
    Now it's, how did he win?
    (Notwithstanding the minority idea that faithless electors are going to be a thing.)
    Pretty much this. Once it passes into the acceptance phase the massive waves of Self-Deportation will begin. Nobody really wants to fight a true Race War save for the hardcore 14/88ers and Allahu Ahkbar ISIS factions. Everyone else with a brain knows that if it came right down to it Whitey wins hands down. Guns, ammo, skill, will (once pushed into a corner of course), "Mighty Whitey" would demonstrate for one last and final time why he and only he was able to build an empire upon which the sun never set.

The West is the best, pray we don't experience a situation where it has to be demonstrated as to why that is to the rest of the world once more. There is very good reason why everyone with a shot at it seeks to claim the legacy of "Rome" as its own. Justinian, Suleiman, Napoleon, The Tsars of Russia, Mussolini, ******, everyone with even a remote chance of doing so seems VERY intent on claiming the legacy of Greece and Rome as its own. Hell even the East Asians engage in heavy acts of cultural appropriation. Everybody wants to be in on this action. Good reason for that I'd say...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whites are not superior

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Pretty much this. Once it passes into the acceptance phase the massive waves of Self-Deportation will begin.
    ?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I'm not a Trump supporter, but it's hard to deny that this is a great speech:

Just wondering, but
    Am I the only one that sees huge parallels with him and Obama? They both are celebrity meme presidents, underdog candidates proposing change, naturally utilize social media against their opponents, and had (have?) a knack for dividing people. I remember last election Texas was threatening to secede and now it's California, lol.

I'm just happy I found this

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ?
    Once the Illegals perceive and accept that they are not wanted here and have exactly zero chance of beating white people in a full-on race war as it were, they will do the completely logical thing and just go home. They actually have a home to go back to after all, which is more than could be said for many people throughout history. Having a fully secured and fortified "Ethno-State/homeland" is a luxury, a thing anyone who has one at any given time is rightfully VERY thankful for. Why? Because if the natives in a foreign land suddenly get restless and hankering to shoah you for some reason they have a "safe space" to which they can return to and wait the hostilities out.

White people, for a very unique moment in history, lack this racial redoubt. You'd think, for instance, that a British gentleman/woman would be totally safe in London, the city their posterity built. NOPE! Not So, it now depends on the part of that great city you're in. In some parts... Well, let's just say I hope you're very comfortable wearing a burkah. If not, well, expect a good harsh gang rape with a good stoning to follow if you so happen to complain about that fucked up shit.

I say again to all leftists, if ye think you occupy the moral high ground well... go ahead and rule over your tar-colored swamp of evil. Sink into the abyss where you belong and darken the doorsteps of us rather merciful right-wing hippies (who abhor violence to no end) no more!
    Last edited by End; 11-28-2016 at 06:36 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Your standard redneck & Texan: "Obama can't take way r gunz. Murica."
    They sure as fuck tried and ******y would have gone and made an overt attempt at it. Good thing it didn't happen. They CAN take away the guns, but good luck doing that bloodlessly.

Seriously, that provision would have the interesting effect of making police forces more content to police inner-cities over rural areas. The minorities already hate whitey in the inner cities, but at least they can't shoot for shit. Try and police a rural district with the same intensity and brutality. You'd be seeing wartime level casualties among the law enforcement clan within a week. There's a reason the sights are put on top of the gun, and believe you me the cops in the inner city are thanking god those "gangstas" shoot gangsta style if ya catch my drift...

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there's a big hatred for guns over the last 8 or so years. But I don't think it's a good idea to take away the last option people have to defend against a dangerous government. If people want more regulation to keep guns away from people that just want to harm others or to make guns safer, I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't include denying people the right to have them. But doing things like charging an extra gun tax to keep people from buying them or buying too many is a sneaky way of denying people their rights. As vile as the Republicans can be, the Democrats don't get a free pass on that; it's pretty vile when people think they can deny constitutional rights, regardless if they think that right is antiquated or irrelevant to the times. It was created for a purpose, even if that purpose never comes to fruition or is very unlikely to occur in this day and age.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Once the Illegals perceive and accept that they are not wanted here and have exactly zero chance of beating white people in a full-on race war as it were, they will do the completely logical thing and just go home. They actually have a home to go back to after all, which is more than could be said for many people throughout history. Having a fully secured and fortified "Ethno-State/homeland" is a luxury, a thing anyone who has one at any given time is rightfully VERY thankful for. Why? Because if the natives in a foreign land suddenly get restless and hankering to shoah you for some reason they have a "safe space" to which they can return to and wait the hostilities out.

White people, for a very unique moment in history, lack this racial redoubt. You'd think, for instance, that a British gentleman/woman would be totally safe in London, the city their posterity built. NOPE! Not So, it now depends on the part of that great city you're in. In some parts... Well, let's just say I hope you're very comfortable wearing a burkah. If not, well, expect a good harsh gang rape with a good stoning to follow if you so happen to complain about that fucked up shit.

I say again to all leftists, if ye think you occupy the moral high ground well... go ahead and rule over your tar-colored swamp of evil. Sink into the abyss where you belong and darken the doorsteps of us rather merciful right-wing hippies (who abhor violence to no end) no more!
    It's interesting that you are making undocumented migration about race. Not surprising though.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another example of how crying racism 24/7 for 2 years creates racism.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh please @ratrevisits, @End is apparently a self-aware adult and responsible for his own mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would all like to say people have full control over their minds, maybe it should be the case but it just isn't.. people are very impulsive and they are easily influenced by what they see and hear in the news / from other people. If the population of white males feels categorically attacked they respond accordingly, kind of like cornered animals. The result is this massive increase in racism that we see

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well no, we already know that people are debilitated victims. I'm not denying that. But since we know this is the case it becomes a factor for consideration.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by marooned; 11-28-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your war on white males. I wonder where it will get you anyway>

Sooner or later the white males of the world will have to band together and fight you people off. I guess it's already happening. Cant' say I'm not happy about it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBlackGold View Post
    Might work, too, if white men were actually superior, the way they convinced themselves they were 300 years ago
    Now, certain white men feel left out because they're the only group that hasn't been systematically disenfranchised and abused..sigh
    Women have been well taken care of, and had it very easy, for a long time. I never hear a "thank you white males" for building society. Providing us with healthcare, housing, food, and other things. No, it's always: you raped the Indians, you enslaved the blacks, you subjugated the women... well the Indians have plumbing now, the blacks have air conditioning.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Society wouldn't be what it is without massive amounts of extorted and stolen labor and resources. I think you'd rather have the freedom to find your own food than have someone rape you in return for it? And different people benefit to different degrees from the benefits of society.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrevisits View Post
    Women have been well taken care of, and had it very easy, for a long time. I never hear a "thank you white males" for building society. Providing us with healthcare, housing, food, and other things. No, it's always: you raped the Indians, you enslaved the blacks, you subjugated the women... well the Indians have plumbing now, the blacks have air conditioning.
    and what have you done to "build society"? i have never had it "easy" personally. i don't think i'm owed anything for being "fm white (non-hispanic)" aside from my individual rights (which all individuals are owed). race after all doesn't even exist (so i can easily not care about that demographic factoid) and gender/biological sex isn't something that should be more important than being an individual human.

but i mean, "ty white women for doing all the housework, raising the kids, and working at the same time (though ofc not to be confused w 'building society' as only white men can do that)."

all of this could be avoided if you guys wouldn't generalize everything so much. and if you wouldn't take everything so personally. ofc i don't think you raped people over a hundred years ago before you were even born, just as i don't think you have done much if anything to "build society."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One way to judge who has it good in society is to ask yourself if you would change places with them.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, Rat. I never hear a "Thank you" either, for all the work I've done building society. I mean, I didn't inherit anything from anyone. See that building over there? I built it. See that road? I built that, too. Hell, I invented the language, including the f*cking apostrophe, and if you think that was easy, try it yourself. Plus all the damned laws. And what do I get for this? Nothing but complaints. Bitch, bitch, bitch. People say, "Adam, where's my Jet Pack?", "Where's my flying car?", and I just roll my eyes.

Rat, you've got to pitch in and help me with this stuff. I'm thinking we need a house cleaning robot to keep these complainers off our backs. Let me know when you have that ready.
    Oh, and it should speak every language, and maybe do shopping, too. But don't let it have it's own money. We already made that mistake with women, and look where it got us.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the left sees the right as gun-toting angry white racist rednecks/men? This about right?

And nobody, but rat thinks that's a bias?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    So the left sees the right as gun-toting angry white racist rednecks/men? This about right?

And nobody, but rat thinks that's a bias?
    My view of the Right is a little bit more nuanced than your description.

But Republican Senator Lindsey Graham (S.C.) did agree with much of your description of the demographic: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3a7_story.html

I don't know if most of these angry white men are gun-toting racists or not. But even if they were, that still doesn't match my own view of the Right.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-28-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^a no from me, as well. don't know how you looked at this thread and came to that conclusion.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There are lots of right wing women and a not small amount of right wing "poc." The angry gun toting white men trope doesn't exist without reason, a lot of the loyal Republican base is in this category, and most of the conservatives I know personally fall into this culture wars guns n Jesus kind of thing, they might be the hardest to reason with because the politics is a lifestyle thing that isn't self monitored - and there's an equivalent group & stereotype on the left.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    and what have you done to "build society"?
    Well I'm a white male, what have I done to enslave the blacks?
    i have never had it "easy" personally. i don't think i'm owed anything for being "fm white (non-hispanic)" aside from my individual rights (which all individuals are owed).
    Who has taken away your rights? What rights are you referring to?

race after all doesn't even exist (so i can easily not care about that demographic factoid) and gender/biological sex isn't something that should be more important than being an individual human.
    I agree it shouldn't be important, which is why I'm confused when people go around pretending they were enslaved once or are being somehow repressed based on their sex / race.

but i mean, "ty white women for doing all the housework, raising the kids, and working at the same time (though ofc not to be confused w 'building society' as only white men can do that)."
    Yeah hey, ty slaves for doing all that work for us back then. You did a good job slaves.

all of this could be avoided if you guys wouldn't generalize everything so much. and if you wouldn't take everything so personally.
    You're not directing your comments at dead white people are you?
    ofc i don't think you raped people over a hundred years ago before you were even born, just as i don't think you have done much if anything to "build society."
    Great, so why are we being singled out as 'white male trump voters'?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're a slayer, this quote!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    One way to judge who has it good in society is to ask yourself if you would change places with them.
    ... and whether you'd prefer that place over your own position.

Example:

SUICIDE! Now you know what it's like to be in a deprivileged group.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    You're a slayer, this quote!!

... and whether you'd prefer that place over your own position.

Example:

SUICIDE! Now you know what it's like to be in a deprivileged group.
    those were children who hadn't had time and reason to justify things to themselves and engage in mental gymnastics to ensconce their worldview. I'd like to see if adults would respond similarly, but I doubt it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chae are you a woman or a man? You said you were a man earlier.
    I wouldn't change places with you.. but you're white.
    Yeah, Rat. I never hear a "Thank you" either, for all the work I've done building society. I mean, I didn't inherit anything from anyone. See that building over there? I built it. See that road? I built that, too. Hell, I invented the language, including the f*cking apostrophe, and if you think that was easy, try it yourself. Plus all the damned laws. And what do I get for this? Nothing but complaints. Bitch, bitch, bitch. People say, "Adam, where's my Jet Pack?", "Where's my flying car?", and I just roll my eyes.
    I never said anything to you about your jetpack construction business or whatever it is.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, so why are we being singled out as 'white male trump voters'?
    because you both seem to think that it's actually white men that have it so very rough in society? and only acknowledge the racism you perceive against white men? followed by promising the white man will retaliate and show his "superiority" once again? but then saying that whitey ofc abhors violence lol.

but just so you know, i've been inspired to watch White People once i have time.
    Last edited by marooned; 11-28-2016 at 09:30 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chae are you a woman or a man? You said you were a man earlier.

Where? And, biological man or "male"? Because there's a difference. Biologically I'm a cis-female but my gender, idgaf actually it's great

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    those were children who hadn't had time and reason to justify things to themselves and engage in mental gymnastics to ensconce their worldview. I'd like to see if adults would respond similarly, but I doubt it.
    Children are especially good for surveys because they tell the truth. Adults are much more subject to social desirability and other biases

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^a no from me, as well. don't know how you looked at this thread and came to that conclusion.
    Well any time anyone points out a Conservative perspective, it's always met with well they are racist, angry white men, and gun-toting rednecks. If the point is to completely belittle the right here, it's well-done; it's completely side-tracked what being a Conservative is even about by becoming the focus.

There are lots of right wing women and a not small amount of right wing "poc." The angry gun toting white men trope doesn't exist without reason, a lot of the loyal Republican base is in this category, and most of the conservatives I know personally fall into this culture wars guns n Jesus kind of thing, they might be the hardest to reason with because the politics is a lifestyle thing that isn't self monitored - and there's an equivalent group & stereotype on the left.
    Honestly, I'm not even sure what the Left stereotype is because all I ever hear about is how evil the right is. I think the worst I've heard is that the Left are SJWs and socialist welfare babies. And Democratics are typically for welfare programs, so it's not like that's even really an insult or anything. Maybe being called an SJW is, but that's pretty far from hugely derisive labels of the right.

I don't know, but all this talk about racism and angry white men is purely derisive.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I wonder what the difference is, wrt to environmental factors or whatever, between white people who get really sensitive about this stuff and white people who don't. I've never gotten so defensive but maybe it's because my views tend to be pro social justice anyway. It just seems self centered to me? I don't want to have an empathy blindspot but I have trouble wrapping my head around it.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, that's honestly how I kind of feel now. Even though I'm lower-class and most my friends are immigrants from other countries (including one that has illegal parents from El Salvador), because I'm white I'm angry and privileged, because I belong to Trump's demographic, regardless if I voted for him or what my reasons for voting for him might be. And if I happen to believe Republicans have a better financial policy, somehow I'm again an angry privileged white.

Let's just forget voter nuance. ANGRY WHITE MALES! THAT'S THE ANSWER GAIS.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    Well any time anyone points out a Conservative perspective, it's always met with well they are racist, angry white men, and gun-toting rednecks. If the point is to completely belittle the right here, it's well-done; it's completely side-tracked what being a Conservative is even about by becoming the focus.
    The people espousing conservative views in this thread just happen to be angry white guys with a lot to say about race, so I don't know what kind of responses you would expect. I also haven't seen anybody being called a redneck or whatnot but maybe I missed it.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what the Left stereotype is because all I ever hear about is how evil the right is. I think the worst I've heard is that the Left are SJWs and socialist welfare babies. And Democratics are typically for welfare programs, so it's not like that's even really an insult or anything. Maybe being called an SJW is, but that's pretty far from hugely derisive labels of the right.

I don't know, but all this talk about racism and angry white men is purely derisive.
    Lol, I've been a shrill feminist on the internet so I could write several paragraphs cluing you in.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I wonder what the difference is, wrt to environmental factors or whatever, between white people who get really sensitive about this stuff and white people who don't. I've never gotten so defensive but maybe it's because my views tend to be pro social justice anyway. It just seems self centered to me? I don't want to have an empathy blindspot but I have trouble wrapping my head around it.
    I'm in a unique situation where I look "white", but I'm not genetically "white" as I'm mixed so it's given me a unique perspective on this in that I don't care when there are claims of white privilege, but I get to experience how white people are treated because of my physical appearance and to be honest I don't think there's any special advantage to being a white male nowadays, but there's no disadvantage either. Maybe, being a white male is neutral nowadays if anything.

I think some white people are offended because they think some people are exaggerating about white privilege and trying to paint white people as being smug, making it seem like it's a lot worse than it is. Maybe there are white males that are in an undesirable position in life and haven't benefited from the so called white privilege so they feel insulted when they hear it. The ones that don't get insulted are probably in a desirable position so they don't really care. /2 cents
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm in a unique situation where I look "white", but I'm not genetically "white" as I'm mixed so it's given me a unique perspective on this in that I don't care when there are claims of white privilege, but I get to experience how white people are treated because of my physical appearance. I think some white people are offended because they think some people are overreacting about white privilege, making it seem like it's a lot worse than it is. Maybe there are white males that are in an undesirable position in life and haven't benefited from the so called white privilege so they feel insulted when they hear it. The ones that don't get insulted are probably in a desirable position so they don't really care. /2 cents
    Im definitely not coming from a more desirable position than most western white people, but I think I would have had a harder time coming as far as I have out of my background if I wasnt white. I do remember getting defensive once when I was poking around on a black nationalist forum and saw the assertion that any white person who isn't a millionaire by 30 is stupid, haha. But I don't get defensive over the concept of privilege in general because it's just social science and i don't think it's as personal as people take it, thinking they're expected to repent and hate themselves or that they never have any problems or something, like there are some people who think that, people think lots of dumb things, but it's not really the point of it all.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm in a unique situation where I look "white", but I'm not genetically "white" as I'm mixed so it's given me a unique perspective on this in that I don't care when there are claims of white privilege, but I get to experience how white people are treated because of my physical appearance and to be honest I don't think there's any special advantage to being a white male nowadays, but there's no disadvantage either. Maybe, being a white male is neutral nowadays if anything.

I think some white people are offended because they think some people are exaggerating about white privilege and trying to paint white people as being smug, making it seem like it's a lot worse than it is. Maybe there are white males that are in an undesirable position in life and haven't benefited from the so called white privilege so they feel insulted when they hear it. The ones that don't get insulted are probably in a desirable position so they don't really care. /2 cents
    What do you even mean by neutral. Are you trying to say that that it's the "norm"? Sure white is the baseline of what people think is American or western and you can see that everyday in Hollywood where they'll cast Scarlett Johanson in Ghost in the Shell. Is it a norm, sure, but it's not neutral.

If blacks are disadvantaged vs whites, then whites are privileged. Lucky you that you look white and don't get to experience the glass ceiling or driving while black, but I see how black people and people of color are treated everyday and it's not neutral their life. I think a lot of what is called white privilege is this blindness and willful blindness to the inequities they do not experience.