Thread: Questionnaire + more

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Information processing does not translate 1:1 to specific activities so I don't want to give examples. You need to understand the IE definitions and I recommend Jung for that really.. then you should be able to observe yourself along those.

What do you mean by "Process functions"?

The point was about automatized tasks. Watching a movie will always require conscious attention. Though apparently some people are able to do just what you are asking about...

How did you pick SLI?
    Well, ISTp.

I? Check!
    S? Check!
    P? Check!
    F or T? blah blah But I highly suspect T. I also highly suspect that it's(if we take 0-100% scale, 60+ = F , 40- = T) ~ 40 or 38%.

Of course, I'm a dichotomy guy. I prefer Big 5 and such so it just works. In Big5(actually SLOAN, but whatever), I'd be RCUEN(this: http://similarminds.com/global5/rcuen.html -> gotta lol massively at the first "job" suggested!). If we have to go by functions, let's review them:

Se-the ability to measure power, to influence outside world etc. I have no problem with this. Tho, tbh I don't quite favour being sharp and senseless(what Se often requires). I can use it if I must, hence it'd be either in creative or in either of super-id blocks.

Si-the ability to be sensual, to experience the world in its fullest. I actually quite like this one. I prefer comfortable, tidy environs and I LOATHE uncomfortable shit. I also sometimes want to just smell or touch a thing etc. Such as a pointless smelling of a tapwater. The smell of water(or maybe Cl ) is just all kinds of beautiful. Flowers, grasses, the touch of air etc...beautiful. Not to mention that 4DX cinema is very appealing to me(well not the 3D gimmick, but the smells and stuff ). Here's what 4DX is if you don't know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4DX .

Ne-the ability to spot potential, to think divergently. Eh...what? I can spot obvious potentials, but that's it. Plus I made some quite big potential errors in my life, so this must be either PoLR or Suggestive.

Ni-the ability to internally measure time and how it affects you. The ability to think convergently. I can use this one a bit better than its external counterpart. I hate being late, I hate inefficiency, but I don't actually feel the passage of time as a real Ni would. Hence, I'm usually early on meetings etc. Most likely I prefer getting somewhere even up to half an hour early due to my fear of being late and missing opportunities that may or may not present themselves again.

Te-industrial logic, what is useful, what is productive, waste of resources etc. Also, the conformity to current lines of thinking. Eh...I don't actually know about this one. I literally don't know enough about it.

Ti-self made, empirical logic, what can be proven, what has been proven etc. Also, the independence of thought. This one could and most likely would be true yes. But it can only go with either Se or Ne(Se having realistically higher chance of being there), thusly discarding Si. TiSe could really explain how and why I don't hold back, tell what is necessary etc. But that would be ISTj and I am not either a rational or a judger. I prefer freedom, open doors etc. Unless Jung is all along right and it's TiSi not TiSe. If it were a TiSi...I wouldn't think even for a moment more!

Fe-the ability to convey your emotions, emotional ebullience etc. Yeah, ok, how about no? This has got to be PoLR lol.

Fi-the ability to adjust relations, to appear sincere and warm etc. Good and evil also. I REALLY value this one! AsI said once when talking about a game, about a story etc: "If I can't connect-forget it!". It is valued indeed.

So, if I were to rank them?

Valued functions(the functions I value, not the socio description): Fi, Si, Ti, Ni(I chose...a most peculiar order)->also a descending order, the last being the least favoured.
    Invalued functions(descending order, the last is the least disfavoured): Fe, Ne, Te, Se(interesting)

So, that's that!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nice analysis
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Nice analysis
    Thanks. Until you came along I wasn't even sure of Si tbh. Now you basically proved senor Jung correct. Now, if I would be according to him SiFi or FiSi is unclear. Probably the former due to my nature which is kinda like Big Lebowsky(The Dude! )-ie Te in a gutter. I wouldn't recognise it even if it bit me on the nose. And I really do like Si stuff. Comfortable sensations, sensual sensations, nice flowers, colours, textures(I can tell you how a local speed bump feels under your feet-exact texture and all ), tastes etc. Plus not to mention that I did in fact get pretty excited when I actually touched a river-the sensation of flow + water was...you understand.

More and more I am drawn towards Jung himself, but I simply can't ignore everything socionics has done. Quadras, intertype relations even silly stuff like VI(yeah astrology went through that phase some dozen years ago). Not to mention the most important stuff of it all-the order(J, that is a Rational should ALWAYS lead with a RATIONAL fnct/IE) of Information Elements that is cog fncts. And the very, very nice work on explaining and applying them. Still my line of thinking is that it should go(P for irratio, J for Ratio, i for intro, e for extro) for an introverted, rational type:

Ji -> Pi -> Je -> Pe

Or for example: TiNiFeSe or NeTeSiFi or (my favourite) SiFiNeTe ( )

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Thanks. Until you came along I wasn't even sure of Si tbh. Now you basically proved senor Jung correct. Now, if I would be according to him SiFi or FiSi is unclear. Probably the former due to my nature which is kinda like Big Lebowsky(The Dude! )-ie Te in a gutter. I wouldn't recognise it even if it bit me on the nose. And I really do like Si stuff. Comfortable sensations, sensual sensations, nice flowers, colours, textures(I can tell you how a local speed bump feels under your feet-exact texture and all ), tastes etc. Plus not to mention that I did in fact get pretty excited when I actually touched a river-the sensation of flow + water was...you understand.

More and more I am drawn towards Jung himself, but I simply can't ignore everything socionics has done. Quadras, intertype relations even silly stuff like VI(yeah astrology went through that phase some dozen years ago). Not to mention the most important stuff of it all-the order(J, that is a Rational should ALWAYS lead with a RATIONAL fnct/IE) of Information Elements that is cog fncts. And the very, very nice work on explaining and applying them. Still my line of thinking is that it should go(P for irratio, J for Ratio, i for intro, e for extro) for an introverted, rational type:

Ji -> Pi -> Je -> Pe

Or for example: TiNiFeSe or NeTeSiFi or (my favourite) SiFiNeTe ( )
    So, after much of combing and researching and stuff, I narrowed it down to two types:

ESI
    EII

If I were to follow my hunch and Reinins, I'd pick EII personally. Yes, I am jaded. But EIIs make great cynics anyhow. and I don't actually like to confront people. It's...a ruse. A play, nothing more.

It's gotta be one of those. Occam wills it.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck me!

I'm drifting more towards SEE than towards ESI. WTF O.O ?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Fuck me!

I'm drifting more towards SEE than towards ESI. WTF O.O ?
    I loaded your thread to post that I'm thinking SEE for you after reading a few of your latest posts.

Some Se ego, anyway But yeah Ti PoLR could make sense

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Se-the ability to measure power, to influence outside world etc. I have no problem with this. Tho, tbh I don't quite favour being sharp and senseless(what Se often requires). I can use it if I must, hence it'd be either in creative or in either of super-id blocks.
    Or it can be the Se of SEE, it's not quite the same as Se of beta ST's

Ti-self made, empirical logic, what can be proven, what has been proven etc. Also, the independence of thought. This one could and most likely would be true yes. But it can only go with either Se or Ne(Se having realistically higher chance of being there), thusly discarding Si. TiSe could really explain how and why I don't hold back, tell what is necessary etc. But that would be ISTj and I am not either a rational or a judger. I prefer freedom, open doors etc. Unless Jung is all along right and it's TiSi not TiSe. If it were a TiSi...I wouldn't think even for a moment more!
    I think you are looking at Ti from a Te perspective

Fe-the ability to convey your emotions, emotional ebullience etc. Yeah, ok, how about no? This has got to be PoLR lol.
    You've got quite some.. ebullience

Fi-the ability to adjust relations, to appear sincere and warm etc. Good and evil also. I REALLY value this one! AsI said once when talking about a game, about a story etc: "If I can't connect-forget it!". It is valued indeed.
    Yeah I think no question about this one.

SEE makes sense alright

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and SEE has causal cognition. Hear, hear.

The final thing I'd need is an example of each cognition. An EXAMPLE, not definition or a hundred page dissection ( ). For what it's worth, I'm between causal and HP.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The final thing I'd need is an example of each cognition. An EXAMPLE, not definition or a hundred page dissection ( ). For what it's worth, I'm between causal and HP.
    C-D works for you

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I read this as "yippie!".

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I read this as "yippie!".

So, I'm an SEE?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

So, I'm an SEE?
    You tell me?

Common social roles

1. The player who is always busy conquering people of the opposite sex and bragging of his or her social and sexual prowess.
    2. The aggressive trainer who likes to whip people into shape physically or socially and make them be more effective in society.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEE
    I would not want to spoil your fun in self discovery by imposing my thoughts at this time. I will just say I do not have a problem seeing Fe as your demonstrative function.

Demonstrative function

A person uses this element mainly as a kind of game, or to ridicule those who he thinks take it too seriously. They often intentionally go against its conventional usage simply to prove a point in favor of their creative function. However, this function is used quite often in private, to produce information of its element to support their creative function when focusing on making contact with the external world.

A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.

The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's worldview.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You tell me?

I would not want to spoil your fun in self discovery by imposing my thoughts at this time. I will just say I do not have a problem seeing Fe as your demonstrative function.
    Well, I'm not a playa! and I approach love more romantically. But that's just a stereotype anyhow. Due to SEE/ESFP tendency to say "YES!" to life. But I read that for an SEE-Se the search for a partner can take a long time. I can sincirely see myself in that. Wow. Just wow.

People always told me I'd make a superb actor anyhow. Not only that, but I know that as well. ...yeah ok. Not only that but I love doing it. And then there's the motourmouth syndrome. It's just that I am not that much into initiations. But then again, that's why there is MBTI step II, it could explain my way of doing it.

CD cognition is "cause < - > effect" right? People always told me I was rather good with it.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I think, nah scratch that, BELIEVE this is it! The full truth that fits me both in MBTI and in Socio(stereotypes discarded). So, if anyone has ANYTHING more to add, please feel free to. Otherwise I'll lock the thread because it has done its purpose and oh boy did it do it perfectly!

I'll be humble and just say:

Thank you! (an awesome character ended his story like that and who am I to disagree with him?)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Glad if I could help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12