I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I feel like what I said there was corrupted, somehow. Anyway, point proven.
    You need to take more drugs.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    You need to take more drugs.
    Cyproterone acetate, Nexium, amoxycillin.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how any of the dissenters towards Ladder Theory have said anything actually that goes against or disproves it ... um... wha???

Of course females have sexual tension with their male friends... when was it suggested that this doesn't happen? In the theory? Really? I thought it did... eh. And of course you can think of someone as a friend while still wanting to fuck them... Also, some people CAN control themselves better than others -- but again, the tension still exists and everyone has a breaking point.

Well, my own personal theory states that platonic friendships between two single people can NOT exist. One will always want the other in a more than platonic way. The other person may or may not have to reciprocate though.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the ladder theory article a little cynical and somewhat bitter however I thought there was some truth in it, but also a lot of bitter bullshit about women banging bikers.

I also feel it could be further elaborated.

You could have a current ladder and future ladder.

Jane is in a relationship with John, a steady, reliable and attractive middle manager. However she is close friends with James a devilishly handsome actor building a career in a competetive but potentially lucrative business.

She stays frineds with James as she see's that he could potentially be a better partner than John, however until she has further evidnece of this, she won't risk leaving James.

So James is a the top of the potential ladder whilst John is currently on top of the current ladder.

Meanwhile James being a devillishly handsome actor is engaging in many casual to not so casual relationships, whilst he strengthens his career to a point where his place is guarantedd at the top of Janes ladder.

James and Jane being good friends, often meet up and talk, they gauge and test the strength of each others current relations, their opinions towards them and their feelings for each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Uhh... no. Don't know what girls you talk to.
    Consider the possibility that some think along the lines of ladder theory and others don't. Read the post three above yours and several other examples in this thread for evidence that that might just be an option.
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Consider the possibility that some think along the lines of ladder theory and others don't. Read the post three above yours and several other examples in this thread for evidence that that might just be an option.
    +1 most definitely.

I also know way too many attractive girls that have absolutely "normal", even a little bit "ugly" boyfriends that actually treat them well. There are just too many of these cases to think that there's any truth to a theory that would actually place 95 percent of the male population as no-reproduction-worthy genetic material.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit