Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    This has to do with the goals of the types. For example, LSE is probably interested in books that have some kind of practical value, "how to build..."
    Never read such nor am interested in such. How to build what, though, a dungeon to keep people in, the more nutty ones? I can do that without referencing to a book.

It's called skills...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Never read such nor am interested in such. How to build what, though, a dungeon to keep people in, the more nutty ones? I can do that without referencing to a book.

It's called skills...
    Louis Theroux: [voiceover] Although I'd gone to bed, Will stayed up late with Jimmy. He began talking about his work as a dancehall manager in the Fifties.

Jimmy Savile: In the dancehalls I invented zero tolerance, I wouldn't stand for any nonsense whatever - ever. Ever ever ever. I was always in trouble with the law for being heavy-handed. Always. But I couldn't care less about that.

Will Yapp: [off-camera] Ejecting people who were mucking about?

Jimmy Savile: No, I never threw anybody out. Tied 'em up, and put them down in the bloody boilerhouse until I was ready for them, at 2 o'clock in the fucking morning. They'd plead to get out! Nobody ever got slung out of my place.

Will Yapp: Tied them up and put them in the back?

Jimmy Savile: Oh aye, yeah. Oh aye, bollocks to them, yeah. We'd tie 'em up and everybody would come back and I was the judge, jury and executioner.

[the picture fades to a different point in the conversation]

Jimmy Savile: You know, if a copper came and said "You was a bit heavy with them, that kid or those two guys, whatever", I'd say "Your daughter comes in here, she's 16, she's not supposed to come into town but she does and she comes here. Presumably you'd like me to look after her, if you don't want me to look after her, tell me, and I'll let them dirty slags do what they want to her" "All right, Jim, all right, all right, all right" "All right, then. Don't give me a fucking hard time, then" "Yeah, you're right, you're right, you didn't give the bastard half enough, I'll tell you, Jim. Thank you, goodbye" And I never got nicked.

[he chuckles]

Jimmy Savile: And I've never altered. I've got zero tolerance, me.

[he lights another cigar]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called skills...
    My father is LSE and my opinion was based on my understanding of him.

If you are not interested in reading books that have practical value, what kind of books are you interested in?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    My father is LSE and my opinion was based on my understanding of him.

If you are not interested in reading books that have practical value, what kind of books are you interested in?
    Great, I'm not your father and books/magazines and such do not have practical value, those are theories and ideas, I can agree though that the only practical value they have is when you burn them to get warm, wipe your arse off, that is, use them in a way that actually practical. I'm sure some of them do their job fine when applied, but they do not have to.

Sure, I read like crazy when younger and korpsey got it, although I still do not know how, but I've licked military history actually some time ago amongst many subjects but usually I read those that helped me to keep in touch/up to date with, say, my job, etc. Most things I have learned has been through interaction with environment though, not sitting in chair and reading books on how to do something. Oh, I've read novels as well and didn't die like true LSEs.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-02-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I read like crazy when younger and korpsey got it, although I still do not know how, but I've licked military history actually some time ago amongst many subjects
    That was my old man with the military and espionage books.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    That was my old man with the military and espionage books.
    Alright, I said I licked it and it was passing, do not read espionage books at all, never had, but I read novels in my free time when younger, not to mention those I had to, do not go hunting at all, nor am interested in it as well. Serious thread is serious.

I read mostly everything that was there to read when younger, not so much now, it got narrower and more sporadic.