TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Alice was an awesome ILE in that film.
    yeah she was pretty cool, infinitely more so than the IEIish cartoon version
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    yeah she was pretty cool, infinitely more so than the IEIish cartoon version
    Anyway, how do you see her and the mad hatter as representing ILE/SEI duality?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Anyway, how do you see her and the mad hatter as representing ILE/SEI duality?
    I saw the Burton Alice as quite the epitome of the overtly curious Ne dominant who is preoccupied by an internal desire for novelty. For instance, I recall one scene (correct me if I'm wrong) where Alice and her mother are walking through a garden and while her mother is talking to her, Alice randomly makes a comment about painting the flowers red.
    I sort of see this as a bad Fi move as well, in that Alice is so preoccupied with her need for incongruous permutation and emotional levity that she rudely interrupts someone who is speaking to her.

With the hatter, I'm a bit reluctant to be sure of his type since he is rather insane to a point, but simultaneously he has a buoyant yet protective persona, and yet I can't think of any other type he could fit as...

I'd probably have to re watch it again to make a better argument since I only seen it, once, at the theater which was a while back
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired