Thread: Te - Extroverted Thinking - Need Help Understanding

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. From my experience, Te comes off as dry knowledge. It's also interesting and useful. But still, it's dry. For example, people with strong Te will remember facts and figures, even though they have only encountered such numbers once in their life. In general, it's about remembering useful details that will simplify life. That's were the words efficiency and practical come in. When Ti is all about knowing stuff to organize life, Te is about knowing stuff that simplifies life (to a certain degree). I hope that helps. Notice how I simplified all the information strong Te in the works!

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRebel View Post
    Hi. From my experience, Te comes off as dry knowledge. It's also interesting and useful. But still, it's dry. For example, people with strong Te will remember facts and figures, even though they have only encountered such numbers once in their life. In general, it's about remembering useful details that will simplify life. That's were the words efficiency and practical come in. When Ti is all about knowing stuff to organize life, Te is about knowing stuff that simplifies life (to a certain degree). I hope that helps. Notice how I simplified all the information strong Te in the works!
    "Dry" knowledge is such right up until it is not dude. A "cold" understanding of how the human body works can and often does save lives. Knowing how to fix/lessen the severity of a sucking chest wound or slow the rate of bleeding from a severed carotid artery is pretty damn academic/dry. Try downplaying your role in saving the life of that stranger to their family...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    "Dry" knowledge is such right up until it is not dude. A "cold" understanding of how the human body works can and often does save lives. Knowing how to fix/lessen the severity of a sucking chest wound or slow the rate of bleeding from a severed carotid artery is pretty damn academic/dry. Try downplaying your role in saving the life of that stranger to their family...
    Good examples. Shows how important the application of facts can be. That's why I ask my professors the obnoxious question of, "When will I need this?" or the less obnoxious cousin, "What are the application of this"?