Quote Originally Posted by RME83 View Post
Lol, I was going to joke about having a beard with dreadlocks but you had pissed me off. FWIW, I smiled and thought to myself "this f'n guy...." My apologies for misinterpreting your intentions. Hard to pick up on Ne humor via internet discussions with strangers, especially amidst a ~serious discussion.
I lean ILE > LII, despite the massive text walls of logics. I still don't recognize your ILE - SLE description totally, and the way you describe your boss seems weirdly Te, but it might be because of different perspectives. I probably work in a similar role as your boss, and definitely don't care much about progress plans or schedules - that's for the Te-egos to scream about - the only thing that interests me is that the end result is good. In that sense, I like questions, but I guess Ne sometimes comes off as irrelevant (cookie baking), and then I do lose patience. This is more a problem with IEEs than ILEs, ime. ILEs rather have a tendency to focus on what they are interested in, not what is necessary to do, but I can sympathize with that, and they can be teamed up with people helping them prioritize, without them losing their fun too much - if they have no fun, they stop producing, ime. I have had a lot of ILEs working for me, and find them generally easy to work with. Never had an ILE above me, so can't say how that would have been.

I had meant that SLE typically "power dresses" while ILE/LIE are somewhat disheveled. I don't power dress but I dress well - not something I focus on/value or don't focus on/don't value - I just wear clothes that are appropriate and professional.
=/= type related. As for clothes at work, ILEs tend to have a rather unique and weird style - for example some old-fashioned style they fell for and copied (when older) - or in cases where they care less: horribly random clothes mixed and matched (when younger in particular). SLEs tend to have a rather plain and non-flashy style, often black clothes - either some business-like outfit (when older or in a senior position) or a modern street look, even hoodies (when younger), or just plain (boring) t-shirt and trousers kind of clothes (when a technical expert rather than a manager). It's not so easy to say who cares more or less. I can't say I spend much time on clothes compared to most people, but I try to dress neat and simple. (I'm SLE)