Thread: Type me!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    ...would you say that you prefer to do an in depth analysis of a narrow subject area? or would you rather interconnect information and go off on random tangents to understand the subject in full?
    I find this a bit tough to answer, but I tend towards trying to analyze deeply, interconnecting and relating information comes later.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    take a look at the Reinin dichotomies here http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...in_dichotomies especially merry/serious, judicious/decisive, process/result, static/dynamic, asking/declaring and tell which ones apply to you
    I'm not too sure on a few of the dichotomies, but the ones that seem closest are:
    Merry, Judicious, Asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Also, definitely introverted. Let me ask you a question: what is your crowd of people? A small group who enjoy inside-jokes, witticisms, and tongue-in-cheek commentary, or a larger group who prefer free-flow jokes, spontaneous laughter, and general high-ness?
    The former group definitely seems attractive, however, the latter group seems interesting as well. I understand this to be the difference between Alpha and Gamma, but the second group in your post doesn't seem as fleshed out as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This says to me, "here, let's try this again because I didn't get the results I wanted the other time, but let me try another idea/way." Is this correct? If this is correct, then it's saying that you have a goal but are manipulating the methods.
    It seems correct, in that I didn't really get a substantiated conclusion in the last thread, so here I am, making another attempt at it.

I'll try to pose a decent question for how you feel when a stranger tries to open up to you and how do you feel about the other person? Do you fear them, suspect their purpose/intent? Are you cold to them at first, trying to exact their purpose towards this action?
    When you talk to people, do you talk a lot?
    When a stranger opens up to me, i'd be polite and accommodating, but there would be a distance. I guess i'd be suspicious, not really making any hard statements. Though I would be polite, I would probably come across as cold. When speaking to people, I don't talk very much at all. When first getting to know me(in a work situation), one of the comments i've received is how quiet I am.

how so? Please explain more.
    I attempt to come across positively, not taking actions that would generate negative attention.

Does this mean that you tend to gain weight and ignore your body/physical self and then realize that you need to be proactive and eat right for the purposes of losing weight and staying healthy?
    Not only weight-wise, but also getting tired easily from slightly strenuous physical activity. There's a level of fitness that I like to maintain, but I neglect it for a while, and then I have to build back up to it.

So, how often do you start something new?
    It's hard not to give a pretty vague answer here, as in, not as often as i'd like. I get pretty stuck in established routines, but after a few days(maybe a week or two), I try to add variety and change things.

Do you see unfolding of processes, like career choices and such?
    Not particularly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nevermind...

My final typing of you is still SLI.

You attempt at organizing things but they don't stay organized if your'e in charge means that that would be something of a suggestive function; you would suggest that to an IEE who will upkeep that order.

" Lying in bed and thinking is a common past time of mine. I find these moments to hold the clearest thoughts for me, as I let my mind wander. I have trouble sleeping at night if i'm not completely exhausted because of this. However, these thoughts are transient in nature, and I would awaken the next morning not remembering the mental forays of the previous night."

This is a previous post of yours and this tells me that you'r doing Si time.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-06-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I find this a bit tough to answer, but I tend towards trying to analyze deeply, interconnecting and relating information comes later.

I'm not too sure on a few of the dichotomies, but the ones that seem closest are:
    Merry, Judicious, Asking.
    This corresponds to LII the most. Are there any reasons for which you would doubt LII typing?
    If you read the temperament and the quadra descriptions on Wikisocion does IJ and Alpha make a good fit?

Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious LII. Honestly, if I could explain myself as clearly as you did I wouldn't think twice about my type. I could have swore you read the wiki when you written your opening post because some of it seems to be coming from the LII description word to word.

Example:

While he tends to have very specific ideas about his general life principles and goals, he is basically indifferent as to their specific timeframe and implementation.
    I do have vague notions of goals that I would like to pursue, but I don't have any kind of specific timeframe for their implementation

Bumping this to field more responses.