Thread: Mirror Relations: Stories and Experiences

Hybrid View

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and read the OP, and in some ways it sounds a little like the mirror puts too much emphasis on your second and sixth functions, and yes, that is a frequent source of annoyance between mirror partners. I would say that of the four in-quadra relations, that's the one that will tend to have the most problems. I generally like EIEs but sometimes I want them to calm down. And I bet sometimes they want me to be less out-there.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ I find the most annoying part of the mirror relationship (temperaments aside) is their negligence of the 4th function. It is odd because it corresponds to my 3rd function but yeah I'm like pay A BIT of attention to it. That's probably the thing that jumps out at me with my mirror.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I went back and read the OP, and in some ways it sounds a little like the mirror puts too much emphasis on your second and sixth functions, and yes, that is a frequent source of annoyance between mirror partners. I would say that of the four in-quadra relations, that's the one that will tend to have the most problems. I generally like EIEs but sometimes I want them to calm down. And I bet sometimes they want me to be less out-there.
    same. My kids' piano teacher is EIE and we relate pretty well but he is over the top and way more intense about things. And louder. And more Fe-in-your-face. He's GREAT in smaller doses. And it's clear we have the same quadra values but.... yeah.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... I'm not sure how much this is type-related, but I'm guessing that overall it goes on something like this: The J type thinks the P type is too flakey, and the P type thinks the J type is being too rigid. P type thinks J type is too extreme and harsh on dealing with things, while J type thinks that P type isn't being serious enough. Stuff like that...

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my sister, I love the fe. I love when we talk - it's like really quickly and bouncing around. And I love our almost symmetrical love lives. But she's the most self-involved chick ever, which makes her insensitive which I get hyper sensitive over lol, and I'm like a nonreponsive zombie fuck some of the time. And we fight a lot, but that's beta. Some Fe doms are too much sometimes, or overdramatic EIEs burn me out, there's such a thing as too much drama and too much expression of emotions, it's like I love you but calm the fuck down. A lot of EIEs seem to lack social awareness, which is odd being Fe dom, the overemotionality makes me uncomfortable.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with Singularity. My dad is an INFp and I get annoyed with him for not being more strict with my brother. My dad doesn't have a backbone, so my brother takes advantage of him. My brother can get away with anything; he's supposed to go to his AA meetings but instead my dad allows him to use his car to go pick up heroin. It's so annoying that he can be that afraid of conflict.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962