Quote Originally Posted by Expat
I think this view of Si is a bit narrow (and I probably defined it too narrowly myself, too, at times).

Si is about sensorial perceptions, but not only about feeling good as in food, relaxing, etc. It's also about focusing on what's in front of you (what you are seeing, hearing, touching, etc) rather than on what will happen or might happen.

So, ISFps's Si is also visible in mechanical skills, fixing things (stereotypical ISTp traits), focusing on detailed paperwork, accounting, etc etc. Making sure all details of a task are complete before letting go (negativist).

Cooking, painting etc are probably what gives ISFps the most enjoyment, but that's not all there is to Si.

The Si PoLR of ENTjs and ENFjs, for instance, is visible in a dislike for immediate, short-term "details", where in ENTjs they are a dislike for Si details needed to achieve Fe effect (precisely the aesthetic thingy) while in ENFjs they are a dislike for Si details in Te matters (boring paperwork that nobody will notice or see etc).
These are very good points...very good analysis.

Still, I wonder about what Filatove meant here: "He poorly performs in rough, cumbersome work. If such is in prospect he will attempt to elude it, to be occupied with anything else, which interests him and is pleasant. Sometimes, after making an appointment with someone and/or to do something he may forget about his promise and thus miss and/or not complete his responsibilities. He finds himself distressed when such occurs and will, to the best of his abilities, avoid the consequences."

If Si people like the boring, short-term "details" (or those don't bore them somehow), then what exactly do they consider to be "rough" and "cumbersome"? The passage suggests that they procrastinate such things, but it's not clear what they are. Is it tasks that seem too difficult, to daunting somehow?