Threaded View

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Chae's Triple Assertive Thread

A creative place where I move and shake it all up!!!!! EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE post resources, musings, examples and other material about the triple assertive enneagram tritype 738/837/387/783/873/378. I will be heartfelt, fun and kinda relentless in here, and compile things for learning/ entertainment/self-improvement. I plan to get personal. Stick around and anticipate lots of action!

The opening aesthetic is from istj-hedonist on tumblr.

I'll be posting more material on the tritype itself later. But I'm starting out light with sharing fictional examples that I love very much. I felt connected to them during my youth and later recognized why.

Disney's Hades.
    He has the 8's anger explosion and power drive, the 7's hedonism and never-stopping silver tongue, the 3's superiority complex confidence and claim to succeed. His energy literally manifests as raging fire. Despite being so unhealthy and directing his explosive agenda in the wrong direction ("Olympus would be that way" was foreshadowing ), he's an awesome villain whose flaws make him very entertaining. He's also someone to learn from since he delivers us truth about humans and the nature of leadership and wrath.

Edna Mode.
    The practical-minded 3's achievement engine and fly-high attitude with acute focus on appearance, the 7's stimulated enthusiasm and rapid switch - and unwillingness to indulge in the mediocre negative, the 8's independent and straightforward boss mind. One of the healthiest manifestations of this tritype as I see it - she's over-the-top but strives to turn others into heroes, which works extremely well because she gets them going. Doesn't have much toxic masculinity, that's probably why

Draco Malfoy.
    Has 3's high-horse bulldozing image motivation (with a tormented 4-wing, which makes his character even more interesting), 7's mischief and pain avoidance, 8's challenge-seeking and outbursts. Has had the evil of everything projected onto him - a triple assertive can easily mirror the most screwed up parts of humanity that are most feared. More about that in the next example.

Lucifer.
    I use the character from "Constantine" as an example, but really the concept and archetype of Satan is triple assertive. As opposed to God who's around 215 imo. Yes, I just typed God because I can and his motivations are discernable. Satan, on the other hand is the playful 7 with great hellish fun to offer, who is also making you pay for stuff 8-style, all while strutting it like a 3 in charge. Was so powerful he needed to be kicked out of heaven to start his own stuff - triple assertives need their own realm, cooperation is sometimes difficult.

Tony Stark.
    Perfect example why triple assertive can be triple egocentric - the lesson is in achieving WITH others, having fun WITH others, protecting OTHERS, "with great power comes great responsibility" style. Tony: A person with a 7 innovative vision, a strong 3 narcissistic and polished can-do streak, 8's protective but isolationist drive. If he could, he'd do it all by himself. RDJ is triple assertive as well - proving that when the actor plays their own type, the movie is a hit.

Jordan Belfort.
    Not much an idol of mine, but I get him, and his case is beyond worthy to mention. Drug trips, dynamism, consumption, leading, violence, thrist, money, power, sex, fury, acclaim, not much more explanation needed.

Roy Batty.
    His monologue was essential to me, I haven't watched something that resonated with me more so far. Same as RDJ, Rudger Hauer shares the tritype. The energetic 8's vengeance and limitless brutality being the strongest and most sadistic of all, the 7's eternal greed for life and enjoyment, the 3's grandeur and painful burden of being at the top. (You can't spell sadistic without sad.) The loneliness and torture of life, moving from hollowness of feeling to revelation and glory in peace. A great example of how triple assertives are not much in connection with their inner feel, and need to go inside for catharsis. Happiness cannot come from achievement, craving and control, but showing appreciation for what IS and embracing the responsibility of your fate.

Last edited by Chae; 03-15-2017 at 10:31 AM.