Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Operation This Might Be A Big Deal But I Need To Confer With Everyone Else

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dead serious as well; if you have reason to believe that I am not Alpha, then by all means tell me. If not, then please shut the hell up. I'm absolutely tired of people doubting my type just because I'm sick of all these "fun and games" in the Alpha forum. They are cute and all, but by no means are they aiding in the understanding of Socionics. They are just pointless social clubs on the Internet! If you are here for Socionics, then by all means talk about socionics, but if you are here just because for social networking, then please stop this shit! I have very little patience for for these petty little wars. If liking these sort of childhood games is supposed to be Alpha, then I want absolutely no part in this.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon me, but if you're so concerned with the seriousness (or lack thereof) of the alpha quadra forum, then why don't you get off your ass and put some effort into it yourself instead of complaining when we choose to use the forum for a little bit of fun. I haven't noticed you going out of your way to inject some seriousness here. Additionally, you'll see many of us expressing rather serious opinion outside of this quadra forum. One does not have to treat a subject with staunch seriousness at all times.

Additionally, it's simply the alpha way to be merry and democratic. That means we enjoy a light-hearted atmosphere. Obviously that doesn't mean we can buckle down to some seriousness and critical thinking, but it does mean that we're more free-spirited.

I don't know why you're jumping the gun and saying that I'm questioning your type. Obviously I was joking, following in the spirit of this thread at an attempt for some ironic drollery. But considering how you've taken this, perhaps you're doubting your type yourself. I mean, I'm not inside your head, but it seems like you've taken the idea of being a gamma a little to heart. Maybe you don't belong in alpha after all?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Pardon me, but if you're so concerned with the seriousness (or lack thereof) of the alpha quadra forum, then why don't you get off your ass and put some effort into it yourself instead of complaining when we choose to use the forum for a little bit of fun. I haven't noticed you going out of your way to inject some seriousness here.
    I tried, but that failed after the ISFp infestation of this forum. That would be like throwing a bucket of water on a forest fire; it's not going to do a damn thing.

Additionally, you'll see many of us expressing rather serious opinion outside of this quadra forum. One does not have to treat a subject with staunch seriousness at all times.
    Yeah, just like your Operation A Big Deal thread? Oooooo...that was some real serious Socionics thinking right there wasn't it? I'm sorry if I came here to discuss Socionics. I enjoy learning about the theory, which is hard to do when the forums are not being used productively towards those ends.

Additionally, it's simply the alpha way to be merry and democratic.
    But that does not mean acting stupid in an unorganized manner.

That means we enjoy a light-hearted atmosphere.
    It's making me nauseous.

Obviously that doesn't mean we can buckle down to some seriousness and critical thinking, but it does mean that we're more free-spirited.
    Try to be serious for once then.

I don't know why you're jumping the gun and saying that I'm questioning your type. Obviously I was joking, following in the spirit of this thread at an attempt for some ironic drollery. But considering how you've taken this, perhaps you're doubting your type yourself. I mean, I'm not inside your head, but it seems like you've taken the idea of being a gamma a little to heart. Maybe you don't belong in alpha after all?
    You are incorrect to think that I am jumping the gun. You clearly suggested here ("I'm sorry you can't relax long enough to enjoy some playful banter. Perhaps you should go talk to the gammas, I'm sure they would share your sentiments perfectly.") that I do not belong to Alpha. If that was in jest you did a piss poor job of conveying that. But this has been all too often that I have been questioned as of late on my type it seems. You have here. Kam did several months ago, and I've already received half-a-dozen PMs from boarders who seem to have me figured out with a proposed type. Although I jokingly had my signature as Temporary ENTj, this seems to be the growing consensus among the PMs I'm receiving. So it is not a matter of doubt that I am no longer Alpha, but of confirmation it seems. Oh well.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think it's wrong for people to suggest that Logos isn't fitting into an Alpha mood because Alpha is 'supposed' to be Merry. Even if the Reinin dichotomies can be applied so rigidly, Merriness as defined in the Reinin dichotomies doesn't simply equate to what people normally think is meant by the word Merry. Alpha types don't have to be complete airheads, you know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I think it's wrong for people to suggest that Logos isn't fitting into an Alpha mood because Alpha is 'supposed' to be Merry. Even if the Reinin dichotomies can be applied so rigidly, Merriness as defined in the Reinin dichotomies doesn't simply equate to what people normally think is meant by the word Merry. Alpha types don't have to be complete airheads, you know.
    +1. Or that alphas and gammas can't get on. Personally I find conversation with everyone in the researchers club (half of which is gamma, after all) - which seems to be what one of my group of friends largely consists of - alot of fun.
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akeaneau View Post
    +1. Or that alphas and gammas can't get on. Personally I find conversation with everyone in the researchers club (half of which is gamma, after all) - which seems to be what one of my group of friends largely consists of - alot of fun.
    mistypes imho kthxbai.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    mistypes imho kthxbai.
    Lol. Have you met them? Even if they were, are you of the opinion that gamma and alphas can't get on? That's what clubs seem to be about - common interests. So at least sticking to that I wouldn't have thought there wouldn't be too many problems. And from what I've read not all of the gamma-alpha relations for each type are adverse - and even then it's not like a universal rule - it's just there's a potential for it.

P.S. I can tell you that at the very least I'm absolutely sure about one ESI
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Have you met them? Even if they were, are you of the opinion that gamma and alphas can't get on? That's what clubs seem to be about - common interests. So at least sticking to that I wouldn't have thought there wouldn't be too many problems. And from what I've read not all of the gamma-alpha relations for each type are adverse - and even then it's not like a universal rule - it's just there's a potential for it.

P.S. I can tell you that at the very least I'm absolutely sure about one ESI
    then why didn't j00 introduce me to my semi dualz at ur party then bastard guy!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    then why didn't j00 introduce me to my semi dualz at ur party then bastard guy!!!
    I didn't know about socionics back then, so I wouldn't of known which ones were the semi-duals
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know about socionics back then, so I wouldn't of known which ones were the semi-duals
    how convenience.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get on pretty well with ISFjs, superficially with ESFps, INTps and I find it hard to keep each other awake, and there is a friendly tolerance thing with ENTjs.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok everyone, let's clear something up here. I was clearly JOKING when I started this whole deal about alpha destroying gamma etc etc etc. It stands to reason that I would also be JOKING when I told Logos to go join the Gammas because he was too serious for Alpha. And the whole reason all these jokes went on was because I was making fun of stereotypes. I think typing people by individual actions and snapshots by post is ridiculous. Just like the idea that I'm going to dualize with an SEI so they'll do my laundry is a stereotype and when we talk about it, we're joking. Give me a break, please somebody notice that Logos and I are both simply being ridiculous.

For the subject of Alpha-Gamma relations, you're right, I do get along with some gammas. On a completely superficial level, I get along with them just fine. But when it comes down to relating to them, I can't do it because we see the world from completely opposite perspectives. Doesn't mean I can't understand what they do or respect them for that, but I have a really hard time getting my point across to Gammas, which is extremely frustrating. Also, out of all the quadras and all the types, it's the Gamma types that I get along with least. Simple as that.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - Mn0good - where'd you find that quote of Phaedrus's? Probably correct?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, eh? It's completely outrageous. It's in the conspiracy theory thread in the General Discussion forum. Phaedrus agreed with me. All must bow down, I am likened to godliness.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12