Quote Originally Posted by Joy
It's difficult to separate the two (I also see the 3rd and 5th functions as being two different aspects of the same thing).
Yeah, they definitely are.

From my perspective it seems like the super ego I'm seeing (I also have a hard time separating the 4th and 6th functions in ESFjs).
The way I see the Te PoLR in IFps is when they feel the need to act like a professional person and do lots of unnecessary work because they feel they are expected to. It has a plodding, slow quality to it, and I want to tell them to just cut to the chase and do only what is absolutely necessary.

An example would be socionics... an INFp may respond to you with incorrect or irrelevant information (say, assuming that something is a quality of a certain type because they believe people they know to be that type, and then using those examples as a response to what you're saying even if the premise of that typing has been challenged... in short, it looks like circular reasoning), and it's impossible to get them out of that mode unless you're willing to pretty much start from scratch and explain the entire theory in a way that they can understand it (and I'm talking about intelligent IxFps here).
That might be "information" in the Te sense to an outsider, but it's a Ti conclusion that they have arrived at through Ti reasoning. So yes, it's both.

But wanting everything to fit together is all Ti.