Quote Originally Posted by Joy
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a "life is what you make it" attitude and 10 being a "life is what happens to you" attitude, where would you place yourself?
That depends somewhat on what you are after. I am not very proactive. I observe things happening to me, I observe the world changing, and I am kind of stoic about it. And I am a determinist, who doesn't believe there is a free will, so in a sense I could place myself at 10.

On the other hand, it is not impossible to to be proactive and make choices deliberately in order to steer the course of your life. Such choices and such an attitude can sometimes be very helpful if you are going to succeed. That might sound like a contradiction, but it isn't. Even though we don't have a free will, and the future is fixed, we can still make choices (or rather will make choices) to act -- choices that have an impact on what will happen. Every choice you make is of course predetermined, but that doesn't mean that you can't choose, only that you can't choose what you will choose.

So, if you wonder how much of a "P" attitude I have, the answer is: very much. If you wonder what kind of attitude I think is the best to have if you want to achieve your goals, the answer is that it is probably better to be placed between 1 and 5 on that scale. To be a J type is probably better in most cases, especially for introverts. Having an IP temperament can often feel like a handicap.