Thread: Ti dual seeking

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well what happens is that the person gets so soaked up about the stuff that happened or comes from them in their external environment that they lose track of their thoughts and gets involved in an array of feeling processes, looking like they have all sorts of emotions going through them, especially anger, frustration and they express all of this without stopping to think about what's going on, where it's coming from; they lose the internal structure that would help them analyze the situation and come to terms with things; Ti base types approach this situation categorically and just give their personal/subjective insights and that's what helps the Fe bases get over their extreme emotional identification with what happened to them.

Here's an example; my ESE friend doesn't like working at her job and she complains that the reason why she's not getting a raise is because people don't like her and at the same time is expressing frustration about what she might do about money and school; all these thoughts converge that she can't categorize, analyze, make sense of; I do that for her sometimes and she comes out of all these feeling processes that she undergoes (feelings of frustration, anger, etc); these feeling processes are directly related to other people, what they get out of the environment not what's made up in their own mind about what's happening even though it's not, as it tends to happen with me, sometimes. You will hear typical comments from her like, I have to go to school, I was thinking of moving away, but my parents rely on me, I don't like my job, I don't like the people I work with, they are evil, mean, manipulated B****; etc) I don't speak this way, when I get upset, I tend to either hold it in and not show any signs of it, or show signs with silence; she'll break out in "don't tell me that, you have no right" attitude that's not moody but somewhat confrontational.

So when they are lost in expressing feelings and can't seem to sort out their thoughts, the Ti is there to help and in turn the Ti is looking for someone who is capable of ardent expression of their feelings. Through the expression of feelings, the Ti type reads the person; they have a hard time reading me because I hardly show any feelings as you may observe from my videos in my signature; it's interesting how one can feel trust and comfort through expressive feeling gestures. Ti thinks that there aren't any "hidden" motives in expressive emotions. While I don't think there are hidden motives in someone who simply says something to be some way, that's because I trust people and don't need to see emotions in order to take their word in good faith, although I can be suspicious if and when people don't give me direct answers and facts.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-20-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html