Hybrid View

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His philosophy is that of an Ni lead (man's unfolding into something greater), Fe creative (communicating his ideas with emotional vigour without dry evidence), Ti mobilising (reactive attention to logical consistency against opposing worldviews, occasional development of philological terms to understand a concept), Se suggestive (submission to the will to power demonstrated by the mighty Ubermensch)

An EIE would appear similar (albeit not as perfect a fit as how I have written above) but note that Nietzsche was far more of the IP temperament then EJ... he stayed in and wrote, he didn't actively go out and persuade others to follow. Indeed, his philosophy does not call everyone to respond to his expectations but rather guides those who are already susceptible to his advice. His works are written for those select few.

As for ILI... people are confusing him with Diogenes of Sinope because he lookes like another grumpy loner. Nevertheless, the Fe usage in Nietzsche is too apparent, as is the rejection of Te facts and 'usefulness'.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    His philosophy is that of an Ni lead (man's unfolding into something greater), Fe creative (communicating his ideas with emotional vigour without dry evidence), Ti mobilising (reactive attention to logical consistency against opposing worldviews, occasional development of philological terms to understand a concept), Se suggestive (submission to the will to power demonstrated by the mighty Ubermensch)

An EIE would appear similar (albeit not as perfect a fit as how I have written above) but note that Nietzsche was far more of the IP temperament then EJ... he stayed in and wrote, he didn't actively go out and persuade others to follow. Indeed, his philosophy does not call everyone to respond to his expectations but rather guides those who are already susceptible to his advice. His works are written for those select few.

As for ILI... people are confusing him with Diogenes of Sinope because he lookes like another grumpy loner. Nevertheless, the Fe usage in Nietzsche is too apparent, as is the rejection of Te facts and 'usefulness'.
    From Jack´s reasoning you´d think a EIE writer has never existed. True that´s the sterotype of EIE on this forum, that they usually speak tirades in front of crowds only or lead a bunch of people to parties or wars, but you might wanna check Toni Morrison, EIE-Ni. She speaks in her interviews about how she organizes her time for writing daily and how before celebrity due to her job she woke at 4 am to write her first novels before going to work. Her work has a decidedly political quality beside the artistic one (which could be associated with Fe leading). This is a quote from an essay:

" If anything I do, in the way of writing novels (or whatever I write), isn’t about the village or the community or about you, then it is not about anything. I am not interested in indulging myself in some private, closed exercise of my imagination that fulfills only the obligation of my personal dreams – which is to say, yes, the work must be political. It must have that as its thrust. That’s a pejorative term in critical circles now. If a work of art has any political influence in it, somehow it’s tainted. My feeling is just the opposite: if it has none, it is tainted. (…)
    It seems to me that the best art is political and you ought to be able to make it unquestionably political and irrevocably beautiful at the same time.”

Nietzsche doesn´t look EIE to me ..just saying.
    Last edited by Amber; 07-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    From Jack´s reasoning you´d think a EIE writer has never existed. True that´s the sterotype of EIE on this forum, that they usually speak tirades in front of crowds only or lead a bunch of people to parties or wars, but you might wanna check Toni Morrison, EIE-Ni. She speaks in her interviews about how she organizes her time for writing daily and how before celebrity due to her job she woke at 4 am to write her first novels before going to work. Her work has a decidedly political quality beside the artistic one (which could be associated with Fe leading). This is a quote from an essay:

" If anything I do, in the way of writing novels (or whatever I write), isn’t about the village or the community or about you, then it is not about anything. I am not interested in indulging myself in some private, closed exercise of my imagination that fulfills only the obligation of my personal dreams – which is to say, yes, the work must be political. It must have that as its thrust. That’s a pejorative term in critical circles now. If a work of art has any political influence in it, somehow it’s tainted. My feeling is just the opposite: if it has none, it is tainted. (…)
    It seems to me that the best art is political and you ought to be able to make it unquestionably political and irrevocably beautiful at the same time.”

Nietzsche doesn´t look EIE to me ..just saying.
    I've since changed my mind on this. I now think Nietzsche was an EIE. His writings have that directive, passionate pushiness of an ExE and although he wasn't physically active, his main focus was about spreading the Nietzschean message to other people. In comparison, I'd say an IEI philosopher would be someone like Rousseau.