Threaded View

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types that are normally considered harsh

I was wondering which types were normally seen as "harsh". By harsh what I mean is someone who is cruel or severe in their punishments of people who have either failed or done wrong. For example, a harsh person would fire somebody after only one mistake or reprimand someone for not obtaining full marks on a test. They may also vocally censure somebody for having done something they deem either immoral or incorrect. I'm imagining a strict person with high standards who is unafraid to vocalize them in aggressive ways.

While I know that all types can be harsh in some ways at some times, if we're using this definition, then I think that LSIs may be the harshest on average. This is mainly because they don't value Fi, have weak Fe and have Se creative, meaning that they impose their rigid Ti standards upon others often in a forceful manner. I could see ESI being like this as well, especially in a moral sense (somebody like Christopher Hitchens comes to mind).

Here's my reasoning for not considering other types:
    • xLE: while they have Fi PoLR, they have Fe HA, so they're unlikely to deliberately make somebody upset for fear of not being liked.
    • xLI: Fe PoLR means that they may not care about expressing emotions or care about the emotions of others but Fi HA means that they want to like things so they may not be critical in such a harsh way. Although this can be debated since some Te-ILI descriptions portray a cuttingly mean individual. I haven't seen this of SLIs, though. Also, Se ignoring could minimize direct challenging, though the same could be said of ILIs who have very weak Se even with Te sub.
    • xII: Se PoLR means that they wouldn't criticize others so directly. They may have rigid standards but be less willing to impose them upon others. Although, in Reinin's description of LII he implies that they may be exceedingly harsh: ' “The world should live in harmony, people deserve to be happy", says a Robespierre, "so let's take a guillotine and chop off heads of all bad people who hamper our creation so that only good ones remain and everyone will be happy. Let's build a society free of the bad people, oppression, violence, injustice … But this purpose is achieved by means of a guillotine”. This is how this type expresses his creativity.' Though I haven't seen this to be true in real life.
    • LxE: Fi DS means they may be too lenient with others. However, LIEs, because of their Se HA, may try to manifest themselves as more aggressive than they are. Similarly, Te sub LSEs use more of their Se demonstrative.
    • ExE: these types are typically seen as manipulative when unhealthy rather than harsh, though the latter can develop if the former becomes too prominent. Alpha SFs dislike conflict, though, so this would be more true for EIE than ESE.
    • xEI: same comment about alpha SFs as above. I don't have a good reason for why IEIs wouldn't be harsh. They just don't seem like that kind of person.
    • xEE: strong and valued Fi means they understand and value psychological distances between themselves and others. It's unlikely they'd overstep those bounds for the purposes of scorning someone else.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by FarDraft; 02-09-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020