Why ILE?

Why not any of the other three Merry Extratims? There is a pre-existing bias toward ILEs in Socionics that you need to adjust for. Jumping on an ILE typing because "it seems obvious" is the wrong way to go.

(Some further, related questions: Why are SLE and EIE not easily confused? Why are LSEs and IEEs unambiguously one or the other? There is a very good reason people are likely to mistype others as ILEs or logical types.)

EIE -> ILE is a very big jump:
Code:
ENTP
ENFJ
Only Extraversion and Intuition are maintained. Two dichotomies are lost, which completely and radically alters the way a person processes the world. A controlled and measuring Rational becomes a radical and spontaneous Irrational; he stops thinking about things in terms of feelings and meaning, and starts conceiving of them in terms of imagery and internal state (this is less bad than swapping I/E, N/S or F/T, though; functional resonance can draw your creative function into a "base-like" state, inverting J/P and I/E in terms of communication: what is said and how it is sent between people). Confusing T/F is more acceptable, but only under very restrictive circumstances; namely any context that demands facts over feelings, and that also restricts the Ethical's emotional expression. An IEI is not going to write a science report filled with nothing but poetry, equivocation, and factual liberties.

ESE -> ILE is even worse:
Code:
ENTP
ESFJ
Now only Extraversion is maintained. This is flatly unacceptable, considering that S/N and static/dynamic are unambiguous under scrutiny. A details-oriented Sensor is now a big-picture oriented Intuitor, in addition to what I highlighted above about T/F and J/P.