Threaded View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Information Element Imperatives

The way I look at socionics, the main theoretical issue is the semantics of the information elements and functions. The following is part of an idea I've been kicking around, which is to split each information element into different aspects. I think Rick said he was going to do this for his book.

This came to mind when Golden mentioned that her attitude towards wasn't entirely clear if was supposed to mean something like enjoyment of the senses, for example, but that it became perfectly clear if it was really about maintaining a balanced internal state.

It's becoming more clear to me that there are at least two aspects, one for pure information, and one for a sort of imperative or goal. Trying to define semantics without something like these leads only to a loose collection of themes. Everyone has all these imperatives, but different types feel different ones more strongly, the strongest being functions 1 & 5, followed by 2 & 6. Generally, this tells us what it means to "value" an information element.

So, this is an attempt to define the imperative for each information element.

Should be read as "I need to have/achieve ____."

: balance/harmony
    : purpose/meaning
    : self-expression
    : productive activity effectiveness
    : order
    : faithfulness to personal feelings
    : maximizing potential novelty discovery / exploring the hidden/unknown
    : mastery/dominion impact

These should be interpreted very generally. can mean mastering having an impact on the self, others, a craft, etc. Any suggestions or improvements?

For - also realization of potential?
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.