Hello, everyone.

I've come to this forum to learn more about Socionics. I've been curious about it for a long time.

One of the major difficulties I've had, is that it's been hard to separate out material on MBTI, because that system is so much more popular among English-speakers. So it took me a while to figure out that the functions were defined differently.

I think that Socionics seems to be closer to Jung's theories, however. The reason I ended up reading Jung, despite the difficulty of his writing, was because he was the originator of all the systems, and there seemed to be so much confusion between interpretations, that I decided going back to the source was the best way to figure out what interpretation made sense to me.

One thing that I'm certain of, is that type cannot be determined from specific skills or behaviors, but rather has to be determined from patterns perceived in some other fashion. I've had trouble identifying these sort of patterns in myself, although I've had some success with typing other people.

Whenever I try on a type, it seems like it doesn't quite fit. I can always imagine a way in which or a reason for which I could be any of the types. I suppose I don't have a very strong sense of identity, which is part of what attracted me to this theory in the first place.

Anyway, it's good to be here! I've been lurking for a while, and your community seems reasonably inviting, so I've decided to come and start posting. Maybe I'll figure out my type, and maybe I won't, but I hope that we enjoy one another's company anyway.