Thread: Batman

Threaded View

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Batman

In comic books there isn't always a great deal of consistency, so I did my best and tried to visualize each character as an archetype or something. I looked for the most compelling characterizations: The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight, etc. > everything else. I'm not basing any of these typings on the craptastic Tim Burton films.

ISTj- Batman

ISTj- Commissioner Gordon
    (identity w/ Batman)

ENFj- Ras Al Ghul
    (wants Batman to become his heir. His vision for a better, more ordered world complements Batman's desire. Duality. However, Batman must oppose him for pursuing radical, sometimes genocidal solutions. Frequent megalomania and temper tantrums.)

ESTp- Catwoman
    (aggressor; fierce friendly rivalry; strong ideological convictions; mirror w/ Batman)

ISFj- Alfred Pennyworth
    (Batman's conscience / Role function)

ESTj- Two Face
    (was the incorruptible, law abiding district attorney of Gotham before the tragedy that turned him half-evil).

INFp- The Scarecrow
    (uses people's deepest fears as a weapon against them. fascinated by the pathology of phobias)

INTj- The Riddler
    (in modern adaptations, he tends to be somewhat sophisticated, insular, lacking in force and with suggestive Fe. Batman's intellectual sparring partner, look-alike.)

ESFj- Poison Ivy
    (deadly mix of seduction and assertiveness; acts like a big sister to Harley Quinn.)

ENTj- Mr. Freeze
    (tragic and compelling character whose sole motivation is revenge against the world that wronged him. Schwarzeneger should be impaled on an icicle for debauching him.)

INFj- The Penguin
    (meticulously adheres to arcane imperatives of social behaviour, fancying himself a "gentleman" of crime. Polite, sophisticated and extremely well spoken, though eschewing any colorful charisma, and having little force behind his actions.)

ISFp- Harley Quinn
    (Joker's therapist whom he seduced into becoming his side kick. Only an ISFp can make spousal abuse seem cute. :redface

- The Joker
    (represents Batman's shadow, the deepest and most repressed part of his psyche. Batman's greatest rival. No other villain comes close to successfully questioning the validity of Batman's philosophical assumptions about justice, tempting him to sacrifice his morals just to stop him.

The Joker is volatile and entirely unpredictable. He doesn't care about power, wealth, or even himself. He is the embodiment of chaos: internal, external, intellectual, you name it, which is the exact opposite of ego.

Seen as a force of nature rather than a real person, which is often how someone sees their PoLR.)

Robin- who cares?
    Last edited by xerx; 12-23-2009 at 01:26 AM.