Thread: My qualm with socionics

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My qualm with socionics

Or what disgusts me about socionics or repulses me about socionics or the particular aspect I find unsavory about socionics. Whatever it is I want to say. I'm not sure really, and I forgot temporarily how to post threads, so this might not be as lucid and articulate as it should be.

The idea that value is something that can be quantified and categorized into discrete 16 units. I'm sure (well, I hope) everyone realizes that value is subjective and that the idea of "good" and "bad" types is preposterous, but the judgment is still there. Value is ineffably complex and the unconscious content in interpersonal relationships is rich and vast. Ultimately what we feel is good and right and true, that ineffable something that rewards our brains with shots of opiate might be reducible to something like a mathematical formula, but who among us will ever know?

Talking about value in the context of some highly hypothetical construct like socionics strikes me as irresponsible, morally. Which is strange, because I didn't realize that I had any morals.
    Last edited by adiaphane; 11-23-2009 at 10:55 AM.