This is a quote from socionics.us about Ne as a leading function: "Someone with as their leading function is very dependent on his/her feelings of interest and disinterest. Interest and boredom seem to be the driving forces in such a person's life — more so than for any other types. Other types also find things 'interesting' and 'boring,' however, they are able to derive satisfaction and enjoyment from things that aren't necessarily interesting and novel, as opposed to types. Just as types can't make themselves do things that cause internal discomfort or are physically unpleasant, types can't make themselves do things that do not engage them mentally (do not give them anything interesting to think about)."

Is this really the case?

Si dominants are people who will never work hard for something unless it has a pleasant reward? Ne dominants are people who can't hold down a job that doesn't fascinate them, even if they have to? I find that to be really extreme, unless you're 16 years old.

In that case I'm not sure I even value Ne\Si because even though I have a tendency to neglect stuff that aren't interesting\pleasant, I don't see it as a positive thing.. How does someone ever achieve anything worthwhile/get to the point where they can do whatever they please unless they go through unpleasant things that aren't delightful or fascinating? How does someone achieve anything in real life unless they're willing to do things that aren't exactly pleasant? Unless you're born rich or undeniably gifted, you have to work hard..