Thread: Pickiness in choosing a significant other

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pickiness extends as far as a grocery list of traits (ESFJ, female, Christian, never had sex with someone else <I may let off on this one, but it'd give me second thoughts>). I expect to detect all of those to some degree of certainty before any sort of romance occurs on my side.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never had sex with someone else
    Never understood something like that from guys . Not judging you though, everyone has its quirks. For me I guess it doesn't matter but I prefer for a girl to be experienced enough as it means there would be less tension in that front. Yet its not something I put value on.

EDIT: well I guess I do understand it somewhat if it is due to religious beliefs.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm insanely picky, but I only have one question that I ask: Am I comfortable around this person, and can I be completely myself with him? That alone knocks out a whoooole lot of people.

My parents are EII-ILI, and although they've been together for 40 years, they're not happy. They don't fight, but it's a constant undercurrent of friction and lack of fulfillment. I think growing up around that and being IEE has made me hypersensitive to mismatches.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not picky at all up front. I've definitely gone out w/ a lot of guy my friends never would have. I don't really care if a guy isn't conventionally attractive or whatever, as long as there is potential for him...maybe he has some other great qualities?

Then if it gets towards a relationship I really start to size him up to see if it'd work long term, and I'm mostly picky about personality. I don't see any point to keep dating someone if I don't think we'd get along really well, so I guess that's where the pickiness comes in. But things like whether he dresses well or has a nice car I don't care about because that's not him, but just something he has at the time.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm really picky. People have often told me that I'll dismiss girls for the smallest of reasons.

I also seem to get more girls showing (more obvious) interest in me, than me showing interest in girls. Although some girls seem to take attention as interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im an enfp and i feel like im very picky about the quality of a person's personality. As for looks? eh...i at least gotta think hes cute :] you need at least some of that sex appeal ;] merow

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A female has to seriously WOW me to make me feel like I'd like a relationship with them... if this is not the case, i'll probably just try to sleep with them anyway. lol. To be fair, this is hardly ever the case, but in some instances it's definitely true.

In short, if I am really into a chick and actually get the balls to ask her out in a way which warrants having a relationship... I have to think very highly of her. So yes, VERY picky when it comes to SO's.