Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it's this:

From http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18816

I could never respect:

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    ...an acute sense of entitlement that ignores circumstances and sudden changes of others and others' environments.

...an acute sense of entitlement that causes a person to scream or yell in frustration at another person who is clearly trying their best to serve or help that person.

"All I ask is that you provide what you promise."

I'm sure that's all you ask for. I guess the 5 calls to a turned off cell phone, numerous calls to your house, several voicemails and emails... leaving no way to get a hold of you about the suddenly unforeseen changing circumstances is somehow indicative of not providing what we promise.

Oh, but I guess the customer is always right. Yeah, I probably should provide what I promise and be able to predict things like the power suddenly going out for 2 hours or that car that drove through our front door or a robber holding us up. Or even less extreme things like, a critical piece of machinery suddenly breaking down and malfunctioning, an employee suddenly getting sick and calling 3 minutes before their shift saying they won't be able to make it in.

"This place is run by a bunch of children. You should be ashamed at the service you provide people. All I was asking for was ____ and you couldn't even do that. For shame!"

"I want what I ask for, and I expect it to happen when you tell me it's going to happen."

...an acute sense of entitlement that does not want to understand changing circumstances.
    I have to admit I probably was in an extremely agitated state when making this post
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I wonder if it's this:

From http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18816

I could never respect:

I have to admit I probably was in an extremely agitated state when making this post
    I don't think this was it, but this one too seems to appeal for understanding where such an appeal should not be made. People pay for stuff and they have a right to have delivered what they have paid for. Unless there is a situation of majeure, you can do that, and typically, people will respect that. Such is the critical nature of Te, which does not allow for incompetence and lame excuses for things that haven't been taken care of properly, but should have been.

I think what I was referring to was even more anti-Te. But don't waste your time on trying to find it.

You are not a Te valuer imho.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    consentingadult, how to tell if someone's a Te valuer in your op?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    consentingadult, how to tell if someone's a Te valuer in your op?
    That's difficult to answer in a few short words, it's easiest to understand it in its pathological form:

17. UNRELENTING STANDARDS / HYPERCRITICALNESS (US)

The underlying belief that one must strive to meet very high internalized standards of behavior and performance, usually to avoid criticism. Typically results in feelings of pressure or difficulty slowing down; and in hypercriticalness toward oneself and others. Must involve significant impairment in: pleasure, relaxation, health, self-esteem, sense of accomplishment, or satisfying relationships.
    Unrelenting standards typically present as: (a) perfectionism, inordinate attention to detail, or an underestimate of how good one's own performance is relative to the norm; (b) rigid rules and “shoulds” in many areas of life, including unrealistically high moral, ethical, cultural, or religious precepts; or (c) preoccupation with time and efficiency, so that more can be accomplished.

source: http://www.schematherapy.com/id73.htm

If you want to understand this in greater detail, try one of these books:

Reinventing your Life

Schema Therapy, a Practitioners Guide

Both are written by Jeffrey E. Young and contain chapters on Unrelenting Standards. Once you have an understanding of this schema, you can extrapolate to less pathological forms and understand Te.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's difficult to answer in a few short words, it's easiest to understand it in its pathological form:

The underlying belief that one must strive to meet very high internalized standards of behavior and performance, usually to avoid criticism. Typically results in feelings of pressure or difficulty slowing down; and in hypercriticalness toward oneself and others. Must involve significant impairment in: pleasure, relaxation, health, self-esteem, sense of accomplishment, or satisfying relationships.
    Unrelenting standards typically present as: (a) perfectionism, inordinate attention to detail, or an underestimate of how good one's own performance is relative to the norm; (b) rigid rules and “shoulds” in many areas of life, including unrealistically high moral, ethical, cultural, or religious precepts; or (c) preoccupation with time and efficiency, so that more can be accomplished.

Reinventing your Life

Both are written by Jeffrey E. Young and contain chapters on Unrelenting Standards. Once you have an understanding of this schema, you can extrapolate to less pathological forms and understand Te.
    sounds like you're describing a disease and not Te.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    sounds like you're describing a disease and not a socionics type.
    No, it's a trait in a personality pathology. personality disorder if you will. In itself Te is not pathological, but this is what it will turn into when it does get pathological.

What is your type, btw?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's a trait in a personality pathology. personality disorder if you will. In itself Te is not pathological, but this is what it will turn into when it does get pathological.

What is your type, btw?

so why would you use the pathological description? at this point i can barely, if at all, see Te described in that and it only reminds me vaguely of ashton's tendency to type sick & possessive men who beat their wives senseless as ESTj heh.

i'm probably not in your quadra and i really don't know where the pizza hut account is, only the posts that tereg has linked.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you have an understanding of this schema, you can extrapolate to less pathological forms and understand Te.
    I read through some of this stuff--and bearing in mind that authors were describing a pathology, I've noticed many of these same traits (to less pathological degrees, hehe, sometimes,) in my best friends, two in particular--both I've typed INTp... In other words, this makes sense to me for Te. Thank you.

P.S. Many ppl seem to type Implied as IXTp... I haven't seen pictures/videos, or read Implied's posting history thoroughly, etc, so I can't comment with any real understanding.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read through some of this stuff--and bearing in mind that authors were describing a pathology, I've noticed many of these same traits (to less pathological degrees, hehe, sometimes,) in my best friends, two in particular--both I've typed INTp... In other words, this makes sense to me for Te. Thank you.

P.S. Many ppl seem to type Implied as IXTp... I haven't seen pictures/videos, or read Implied's posting history thoroughly, etc, so I can't comment with any real understanding.
    Unrelenting Standards manifest itself mostly in the Gamma quadra and to a lesser extent in the Delta Quadra. In this respect, Alphas and Betas are far better off, but they are more prone to other maladaptive schemas. None of us are given any breaks ;-)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinventing your Life

Oh please. This way, you cut off 90 percent of the population which isn't pathological...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh please. This way, you cut off 90 percent of the population which isn't pathological...
    the person being described is unhealthy (obviously, sorry for stating the obvious)--that said, in your mind, maybe try to minimize the description and see if it matches up with some of your INTp friends..?

I was in a band with a INTp once... "Unrelenting standards" haha is a pretty good way to describe his use of the studio/equipment and the recording process... But I appreciated that in him, and honestly, wanted it myself... The songs would've been sheisse without him.

consentingadult, what you're saying is: tereg needs Ti rather than Te, right..? Have you seen this manifested?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ISTps and ESTjs I know do not have "unrelenting standards". Te + Ni is different than Te + Si.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consentingadult, what you're saying is: tereg needs Ti rather than Te, right..? Have you seen this manifested?
    Yes, but not in him, but rather in the feelings he invokes in me: he asks questions that can help him to build a system (provide him understanding), which causes fatigue in me, I have the habit of answering Ti questions with Te answers, which makes me realize I'm not addressing his questions properly, so I don't think I'm very helpful. I wonder why there aren't any ILEs responding to him. Perhaps I'm wrong about him being SEI.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    90%?? I appreciate your optimism, but 70% is more likely

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this was it, but this one too seems to appeal for understanding where such an appeal should not be made. People pay for stuff and they have a right to have delivered what they have paid for. Unless there is a situation of majeure, you can do that, and typically, people will respect that. Such is the critical nature of Te, which does not allow for incompetence and lame excuses for things that haven't been taken care of properly, but should have been.

I think what I was referring to was even more anti-Te. But don't waste your time on trying to find it.

i'm still not really sure what about the pizza hut incident had to do with not being Te-valuing. it sounded like excuses he made were rather legit, imo. it's not like you can magically prevent a robbery or like anyone is thinking of customers post-robbery/crisis-situation. if the people you type as ISTps/ESTjs don't respect these things, we can easily call them jackasses as opposed to Te-valuers.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i'm still not really sure what about the pizza hut incident had to do with not being Te-valuing. it sounded like excuses he made were rather legit, imo. it's not like you can magically prevent a robbery or like anyone is thinking of customers post-robbery/crisis-situation. if the people you type as ISTps/ESTjs don't respect these things, we can easily call them jackasses as opposed to Te-valuers.
    Do you know where I can find that Pizza Hut account? If we have the original source, we can discuss it better.