Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    The reason I said that is because the reasons given reminded me of how I've heard the subtype differences described. In other words, I don't think that what SM said is necessarily characteristic of alpha and could just as well describe someone that focuses more on Si, like an SLI-Si. This is how I've heard the subtype described, anyway.
    It could be a lot of things. I've wondered if it's just an Si-subtype vs. Te-subtype too. Or he could be Alpha. Or he could be something entirely different. When I've talked about my husband's hobbies - fixing cars, getting broken stuff and fixing it to make money, that kind of thing - LV has always PM'd me to ask more about how he does it and where he gets stuff, etc. My husband's hobbies have a real element of Te in them IMO. So that would point away from ISFp. But, like I said, there could be a lot of reasons for the differences I've noticed.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It could be a lot of things. I've wondered if it's just an Si-subtype vs. Te-subtype too. Or he could be Alpha. Or he could be something entirely different. When I've talked about my husband's hobbies - fixing cars, getting broken stuff and fixing it to make money, that kind of thing - LV has always PM'd me to ask more about how he does it and where he gets stuff, etc. My husband's hobbies have a real element of Te in them IMO. So that would point away from ISFp. But, like I said, there could be a lot of reasons for the differences I've noticed.
    I agree there could be a lot of reasons, one being socialization and environmental influences. I've had a lot of interaction with LV and I know his hobbies are very much Si/Te. I think he shows higher competence in Fe than most SLIs, for several reasons, but I know he doesn't prefer it. The impression that people are refering to here is a pretty superficial one. Now that I know him better, I'm convinced he is SLI.
    Last edited by Sirena; 08-11-2008 at 02:19 AM.