There seems to be an issue as to how some people here view functions. But the issue is that regardless of what model is used, all definitions of the functions are supposedly based off of the same fundamental concepts - the information elements. These information elements as they relate to the functions were originally put together by Aushra, who blended Carl Jung's functions and Antoni Kepinski's information metabolism. The functions are ways of experiencing reality - this is something that are supposed to remain the same no-matter what model you use.

Strrrng, I and a few others who supposedly have "different" understandings than the majority of the 16types, speak from an information element perspective - the essence of socionics itself. Aushra, the founder of so called "classical socionics" devised these information elements herself. Unfortuantely Model A has a lot of shortcomings, including the idea that a person can/will directly experience functions outside of their quadra. This is a total contradiction with the fundamentals of socionics, because Aushra herself incorporated the idea of information metabolism from Kepinsky, who discussed the idea of metabolism as it related to cells. One of the most fundamental principles was that there were certain elements that were beneficial to the cell and promoted healthy functioning, while others interfered and slowed down healthy normal functioning. This is exactly the case with socionics information elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
Augusta viewed the psyche as a structure that continually perceives and selects relevant information from its environment and conveys information back to its environment at the same time.
For each type there are certain information elements that provide healthy feedback cycles and normal functioning (the "relevant" information), while other elements/information directly interfere and put strain on the person's natural information processing. Saying that I, as an ENTp use Te is like trying to put diesel fuel in a car that is designed for unleaded premium. It just doesn't work. It causes the engine to strain and function poorly and unhealthily. Te to me lacks inherent structure and seems to have no base whatsoever - it's ungrounded to me. Whenever I encounter Te expression, I always need to translate it into my own language and find an inherent link between the nodes of Te strolling on the edge.

A person can/will never experience non-quadra functions directly because they simply are detrimental to a person's natural information processing - the person will only react to them.

That's it - end of story. That is a fundamental principle of socionics that Aushra herself incorporated from Kepinski - so I'd be entertained to see it called "non-classical". If Model A actually believes that you "work to get better at" some non-quadra functions, or that you can actually experience and perform your "Id" functions or whatever, then it needs to be trashed. It just doesn't work.