Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESTj Appreciation Thread

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem to be some of the best at finding out how organizations or systems of work can be improved. One LSE I know constantly is finding new ways to be more efficient and solving problems, some that other people don't even see, and it helps her job, and her students, and other students at the school, immensely. Streamlining processes, coming up with informational sheets for complex school bureaucratic situations - the drive for wanting their environment to be working well can make them huge assets to whatever group they are a part of.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would randomly post things like that on a forum?

What was the one I posted a lot? Let me see if I can find it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linalee View Post
    It's turning into a big joke
    Such a good thing to have a LSE nearby... so everyone think the LSE is the pervert, while the NFs laugh their lungs out
    There's this one time I was playing a basketball pick up game at the university with some friends, and we were up against these three guys. One of them was this ~6'4" huge, ripped LSE who thought he was such a badass, saying stuff that was supposed to intimidate me, but it ended up making me laugh in his face. He would say the lamest intimidation lines, like "BRING IT!!!!! COME ON!!!!" . I really didn't take the match seriously because of that. It's one of those times where I wish we would have been friends, so that I wouldn't get potentially beaten up for making fun, especially since this guy seemed like a wannabe tough guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by jewels; 09-06-2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a way of sticking to the same joking routine that is very funny.
    No one cares if the joke is actually funny though, it's just the LSE so wrapped in doing his stuff... hilarious.

There's this one time I was playing a basketball pick up game at the university with some friends, and we were up against these three guys. One of them was this ~6'4" huge, ripped LSE who thought he was such a badass, saying stuff that was supposed to intimidate me, but it ended up making me laugh in his face. He would say the lamest intimidation lines, like "BRING IT!!!!! COME ON!!!!" . I really didn't take the match seriously because of that. It's one of those times where I wish we would have been friends, so that I wouldn't get potentially beaten up for making fun, especially since this guy seemed like a wannabe tough guy.
    Infinite Comical Potential !

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a large part of appreciating LSEs is them being odd in some way and you chuckling about it. Feelin' the love.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best boss I've ever had was LSE. Most people in our office didn't like him. But the problem is that they'd screw up on one of his projects and then try to cover it up. He hated that! He understood the screwing up and was OK with that, but when people would not tell him right away or try to cover it up, he'd get enraged. But my natural inclination when I screwed up on one of his projects was to immediately call him and fess up. And THAT is what he wanted.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met a guy at the office the other day in a meeting who was familiarizing my team with some proceedural things that you definitely don't want to mess up. He undoubtedly was an LSE. Great guy. Never stopped talking, but was a very good meeting. Very informative and no questions needed to be asked.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    What I like most about him is he will always have your back. His humor always involves his penis in someones butt which most people dont understand.
    Ha, maybe I work with an LSE.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    The best boss I've ever had was LSE. Most people in our office didn't like him. But the problem is that they'd screw up on one of his projects and then try to cover it up. He hated that! He understood the screwing up and was OK with that, but when people would not tell him right away or try to cover it up, he'd get enraged. But my natural inclination when I screwed up on one of his projects was to immediately call him and fess up. And THAT is what he wanted.
    Yes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be very honest here, the only problem I have with this is that, well depending on what situation and what the thing was screw up on, I have an LSE boss who can get quite controlling and get temper tantrum on things, when its obvious that he is lacking insight. so what I see in this situation is that if the person has screw up, (s)he doesn't want the LSE boss to know because they already know how the LSE would react, and would get "enraged" so that is why the person would have covered up in the first place. If the person knows that he has an understanding boss he would be more open about the problem to him without covering it up. but since my LSE boss's NI polr can't really see that, always reacting at how he is feeling at the moment without seeing the big picture, then the more thoughtful and more careful people would definity hesitate to let him know. and during my experience working with an LSE boss is that they don't really see what could/might have happened, and just taking the surface and reacting towards it. With an SLE boss, they will actually listen to me and see the whole picture first, rather than just reacting with anger. That is actually the understanding people needs from boss, if not and they know that their boss will first react angry and not caring that how you present yourself will alter how they response back to you. it is this overall big picture thinking that is lacking that brothers me, I don't want to lose control over a situation and using that for him to finally understand the dilemma, as opposed I actually want to explain the course of what is happening which he fail and do not want to see.
    Last edited by 07490; 09-04-2009 at 12:18 AM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^ I'm really not Winterpark by the way, I am just in love with him, I am 07490.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    So a large part of appreciating LSEs is them being odd in some way and you chuckling about it. Feelin' the love.
    haha, yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    To be very honest here, the only problem I have with this is that, well depending on what situation and what the thing was screw up on, I have an LSE boss who can get quite controlling and get temper tantrum on things, when its obvious that he is lacking insight. so what I see in this situation is that if the person has screw up, (s)he doesn't want the LSE boss to know because they already know how the LSE would react, and would get "enraged" so that is why the person would have covered up in the first place. If the person knows that he has an understanding boss he would be more open about the problem to him without covering it up. but since my LSE boss's NI polr can't really see that, always reacting at how he is feeling at the moment without seeing the big picture, then the more thoughtful and more careful people would definity hesitate to let him know. and during my experience working with an LSE boss is that they don't really see what could/might have happened, and just taking the surface and reacting towards it. With an SLE boss, they will actually listen to me and see the whole picture first, rather than just reacting with anger. That is actually the understanding people needs from boss, if not and they know that their boss will first react angry and not caring that how you present yourself will alter how they response back to you. it is this overall big picture thinking that is lacking that brothers me, I don't want to lose control over a situation and using that for him to finally understand the dilemma, as opposed I actually want to explain the course of what is happening which he fail and do not want to see.
    I don't buy that such is "Ni polr", per se, that's more maturity and perhaps even experience.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't buy that such is "Ni polr", per se, that's more maturity and perhaps even experience.
    TRUE, Enneagram always preach that the healthier the person is the less of their Ego is shown, and the real Self is presented, Ego and self being two different thing.

1)

2)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know at least a few ESTjs. At least one I'm currently very happy with and the others vary. Half I really like and half I'm somewhat ambivalent about or even have unpleasant feelings associated with them. So it's hard for me to look at my experiences just lump all of them together and find good things to say that fit each of them. Everyone's an individual. Plus, "good/bad" qualities are kind of relative, especially in socionics.

But... I guess they all have a drive for "making things right" in them. And, yes, they are often initiative-taking in some things (not everything). Hm, and though my experience with this is not extensive so take it as you will, if I need/want something done a certain way, and we communicate about it and they understand me, I can pretty much count on them getting it done the way I wanted. Provided they have a good reason and they don't forget, they can be depended on to get whatever it is done and thoroughly/practically so. Of course, that trait isn't limited to ESTjs, but it is a somewhat general commonality I've seen in them. "Duty bound" (but not really in a begrudging way) is perhaps one related way of putting things, too.

And, numbers, you're messing with my head with the name, avatar, and sig switches... But, it's ok, I can handle it.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    haha, yes.
    I feel I'm on the same wave.
    Don't know, it tickles my tender side. Odd ? Haha, yes too.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This boss sometimes had temper tantrums, and I had heard him explode at people, and knew that was a potential outcome to what I had done. I called him immediately anyway simply because he needed to know what happened - it was his project and he needed to have the opportunity to fix it or deal with the client or whatever. So I told him knowing I might be on the receiving end of his wrath. But, as it turned out, he didn't blow up at me. He was upset about my mistake, but he said he appreciated me telling him immediately, not sugar-coating what happened, and not trying to deflect blame or cover it up. I think telling him and being completely transparent about it even though I knew his reputation for blowing up and the potential of how he would respond is what got me his respect. And we got along excellently from then on.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    And, numbers, you're messing with my head with the name, avatar, and sig switches... But, it's ok, I can handle it.
    I hope so, I am planning to put his picture/names/sig on for a while, becuase he is the subject I have been thinking that keeps me from sleeping during the night, but still I want more of him in life and he isn't bad looking, so it shouldn't hurt any of our eyes, his avatar tho, might cause a few problem.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This boss sometimes had temper tantrums, and I had heard him explode at people, and knew that was a potential outcome to what I had done. I called him immediately anyway simply because he needed to know what happened - it was his project and he needed to have the opportunity to fix it or deal with the client or whatever. So I told him knowing I might be on the receiving end of his wrath. But, as it turned out, he didn't blow up at me. He was upset about my mistake, but he said he appreciated me telling him immediately, not sugar-coating what happened, and not trying to deflect blame or cover it up. I think telling him and being completely transparent about it even though I knew his reputation for blowing up and the potential of how he would respond is what got me his respect. And we got along excellently from then on.
    hmm sounds like he works for you, but me doing that would be out of character.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope so, I am planning to put his picture/names/sig on for a while, becuase he is the subject I have been thinking that keeps me from sleeping during the night, but still I want more of him in life and he isn't bad looking, so it shouldn't hurt any of our eyes, his avatar tho, might cause a few problem.
    LOl...awww
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... erased ...
    Last edited by Linalee; 09-05-2009 at 03:46 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: /

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I'm sorry, I've pushed the joke too far.
    You know, it's a caricature. I like this movie, but it's kind of... special. My irony is stingy sometimes.
    Okay, have deleted my post, it was bitchy.
    That's what happens when I spend too much time on forums :s

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't particularly care what you post or not, and deleting things doesn't really make a difference.

My reaction was what it was, though - I didn't really like that movie myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't particularly care what you post or not, and deleting things doesn't really make a difference.

My reaction was what it was, though - I didn't really like that movie myself.
    Je trouve sabot !
    I can be stingy but you too.
    Moi qui croyais que les LSE étaient des gens bien

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Les LSE ne sont pas des gens bien, ils sont maris brutaux .

Creepy-male

Random comment: LSEs strike me as cuddly. Just because they're sort of awkward in an endearing way.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Oh LSEs, you are such wonderful administrators. You notice things other people don't notice when it comes to making things happen."
    "I really like how you are willing to spend a lot of time on things you care about."
    "You totally bailed me out by figuring this / out fixing something"
    "I like how you are dependable friends"
    "You take care of practical things well"
    "You're good with money"
    "Good cooking"
    "You guys sure do lots of stuff"

No, it seems what people appreciate most about LSEs is that they are "odd", or "awkward".
    Niceeeeee.....

Creepy-male

You're even adorable when you get angry

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*knock knock*

UDP is not LSE.

Goodbye.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Gilly, is the only thing you do contradict people's self-typings?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    You're even adorable when you get angry
    LSEs? I thought our anger was something to avoid.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    LSEs? I thought our anger was something to avoid.
    Ok, mad LSE bad. Otherwise, LSE good.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSE appreciation thread

Since I have a new dual I'd like to offer my appreciation.

Thank you for keeping your attention out for my activities. When I get involved in a hobby and my Si is activated, I can sink in the moment and relax a bit too much, and you remind me "Don't you have to go to work?" what I should be doing. No one will appreciate it more than I do. Te-external activity of objects

You keep me steady on task as you "watch over me" and make sure I don't waste energy at the wrong moments and make sure I don't get scattered or taken up on an unnecessary journey when you say "It's too early for that." You JUDGED correctly and even got me to laugh about it No one appreciates it as much as I do.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12