Please share your opinion on his type:

James Stewart

... known for his portrayals of diffident but morally resolute characters. 1908-1997

“Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”

“I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and I'm happy, Doctor, I finally won out over it.”

“When it came to kissing, Harlow was the best.”

“I was going to be an architect. I graduated with a degree in architecture and I had a scholarship to go back to Princeton and get my Masters in architecture. I'd done theatricals in college, but I'd done them because it was fun.”

“If I had my career over again? Maybe I'd say to myself, speed it up a little.”

“Frank called me one day and said, 'I have an idea for a movie, why don't you come over and I'll tell you?' So I went over and we sat down and he said, 'This picture starts in heaven'. That shook me.”

“After the awards, I didn't win, my father called me up and told me that the man from Johnstown had put all kinds of signs in the theatre saying, 'This year's Academy Award winner... ' because my father had said I was going to win. And I didn't. But this guy asked if it would be alright if he took the Oscar and put it in the lobby and put a sign saying, 'This is what it would look like if he had won'.”

“My mother approved, my father just didn't accept the idea of my being an actor. I think that's the reason he kept the hardware store in operation, because I think he was pretty sure that I was going to be found out sooner or later, and he wanted to have a job for me to come back to.”

“It's well done if you can do a part and not have the acting show.”

“One time they traded me for seven horses. Seven stunt horses.”