@Kim, its definately not at the same level you would see in an ESFP. I mean more in a comparison to an ENTP.

ENFPs and ENTPs I find do come across very much alike. Even more similar when younger. As for showing their disapointment, maybe it has more to do with my personality that I see it as opposed to what others might pick up. When I sense it, I'll try to make them feel better without being asked.

The ENFPs I know are pretty wise in sensing appropriate versus inappropriate (unless at a party and are in complete boistrous mode but then its just causing more fun for everyone so I guess in that sense it is appropriate). They aren't gushy innapropriately usually. But around their close friends, yeah I do have to make a bit of an effort to make them feel good about things I don't worry so much about. If I don't, they'll go fishing hehe.

Overall we tend to get along well. Unless you see us side by the side though its hard to tell the difference, then once you see it...its like, of course!

Hmmm maybe this will help. I'm often told I think like a man. I don't hear that being said to my ENFP friends much.

how sad
Why is that sad? I enjoy my work and get a lot of satisfaction from it. I have a large social circle outside of work and a couple of close friends who I confide in.

I don't understand why some people think its so important to socialize at work. Its not what I'm being paid for. I like spending my social time with those I really relate to and it has meaning rather than superficial friendships.