View Poll Results: type of Edward Norton?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 100.00%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edward Norton

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I find his interviews expression of Te matters not NeTi
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No shit you do.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-29-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    He's Ti-ESTp. He can just seem deceptively geeky, so it misleads people into thinking he's ENTp.
    This makes sense. This would essentially make Maritsa INFp given that Ed is her dual.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's Ti-ESTp. He can just seem deceptively geeky, so it misleads people into thinking he's ENTp.
    He most certainly is not ESTp; what information would even make you say such a thing. He is ESTj...just look at every description of how Te processes info and I'm sure you can ascertain data to that effect; look and listen to the language he uses, you're good at that. He sounds just like Every ESTj quote you produced.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've never had an impression of him being very . Do you have any examples? Like interview videos or what not. To me he just always comes off like a typically Beta artfag.
    Listen to his words like quotes.

He says he got into acting to meet girls...Si... pleasant sensations...he concentrates on the order in which he does things.

Ne types would likely speak about their ideas not their experiences, like as if they are writing a novel of their experience.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he just always comes off like a typically Beta artfag.
    yes, because SLE give off artfag vibes

not IEI's, oh noo.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    yes, because SLE give off artfag vibes

not IEI's, oh noo.
    They don't concentrate on the order of the way the info is presented and express the information as an evolution like Norton does, they will concentrate on what they saw....Se stuff.

Key words are evolution of how events unfold, like a sequential order.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I said typically Beta artfag, not typically SLE artfag. Art******ry pervades all Beta types.
    I don't even know what that is.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you don't know what it is, it can't be explained. It's one of those things.
    I am concentrating on the order of information that he is presenting, he does not deviate from his method even when the interviewer interrupts his pattern and where he is in his story. That's very much
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Examples?
    From the very first question he is asked, he builds a story from a flow and order...he starts with his pilot thing and then injects Si stuff, experiences about how certain things make him feel -disoriented and whatnot, and continues on this sequential journey, never once getting distracted. You can review the video and the pattern again.
    -

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said typically Beta artfag, not typically SLE artfag. Art******ry pervades all Beta types.
    what in the fuck are you talking about, this is a redundant clarification: you are still saying SLE come off as artfags as it 'pervades' beta types - I dont know what kind of betas you are meeting but I dont know one LSI or SLE I would describe in that manner
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where'd you get that description? It's not bad.
    It's McNew's I will send you the link tomorrow from my other computer. I'm on my Mac now and I can't do it from here.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-29-2014 at 01:17 AM.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're convinced enough that SLEs/LSIs are immune to being that way, then of course you're going to be oblivious to the ones that are and probably write them off as IEI or EIE.
    If you're convinced enough that SLEs/LSIs can be that way, you're going to be oblivious to the ones that aren't and probably write them off as SLE/LSI when they are IEI/EIE

However, if you are so convinced, I would ask you to show some examples of these mythical fag SLE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nah. They're separable by looking at temperament. For instance, Ed Norton is obviously EP>IP.

As soon as I get done loling at that line.

Why don't you watch some other interviews before you even suggest such a ridiculous conclusion...he is ESTj, very obviously so, with every regard...and my dual.

He looks like one of our forum members too, not you, but I'm not saying who.
    -

Creepy-cinq

Nah. They're separable by looking at temperament. For instance, Ed Norton is obviously EP>IP.

As soon as I get done loling at that line.
    Thank 'god'. Some sanity on this forum.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ask you to show some examples of these mythical fag SLE.
    JWC3 = SLE theatre major who loves chick flicks
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ed Norton being EP, I dont know about that.

4w3 Fe subtype can seem EP.

SLE doesnt cut it as a typing for me right now, although I suppose its possible

An analysis fleshing this out would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    JWC3 = SLE theatre major who loves chick flicks
    I would rather not take forum members as examples, they can be mistyped - but also having a preference for those things doesnt means he exhibits such a vibe.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE doesnt cut it as a typing for me right now, although I suppose its possible
    Me neither, he seems really intuitive to me.

I would rather not take forum members as examples, they can be mistyped - but also having a preference for those things doesnt means he exhibits such a vibe.
    I was pretty much just calling him a fag...
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I think it runs deeper than superficial "geekiness;" I wasn't totally convinced by the AHX character. He never quite went far enough. Stacy Keach was an Ni-EIE playing an Ni-EIE; Norton never really seemed to fully mesh with him in their interactions, Keach was a bit more into it, but Norton was just an edge off, just not quite there enough. Perfect for the Fight Club character, who was obviously supposed to be intuitive, probably IEI; not so much the full effect necessary for the SLE-Ti pitbull charismatic lieutenant.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perky little fuck.

Just too hazy, doesn't carry himself like an SLE; no terse physical composure, just sort of casual slouch, neck forward, a bit misty-eyed...Not quite as much of a pampered brat as Pitt but a pretty typical-looking ILE, IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This interview is a clincher for me. Listen to him talking about getting in character right at the beginning: pure Si+Fe.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Has anyone considered ILI?
    Fuck no.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Edward Norton is my dual.
    He may be your dual all right, but he's not LSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    This makes sense. This would essentially make Maritsa INFp given that Ed is her dual.
    My thoughts EXACTLY Nik. But i sort of agree with Gillys last statemnt of him being Si+Fe.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ILE Ti
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY Nik. But i sort of agree with Gillys last statemnt of him being Si+Fe.
    I was NOT saying that he is SiFe; I was saying he was talking about Si+Fe, implying that he valued the functions. He is clearly ILE, IMO; I don't really see why one would consider SEI.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I was NOT saying that he is SiFe; I was saying he was talking about Si+Fe, implying that he valued the functions. He is clearly ILE, IMO; I don't really see why one would consider SEI.
    Oh i know, thats what i meant too, sorry i was tired when i wrote that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILE Ti
    I think so too.

not sure where people are getting Se ego from, he has a rather unassertive, dormant, demeanor
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grouping Betas as common "art fags" and labeling people so easily as such is too subjective to be used to type people. By these standards we can say any person who works in the arts, and takes their work seriously, is a Beta, which is far from the truth

Even if it were true, pragmatic types are generally the least likely to fit into that stereotype
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edward Norton - SEE artfag subtype

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Grouping Betas as common "art fags" and labeling people so easily as such is too subjective to be used to type people.
    It's artfags not "art fags."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol it's kind of true.

But it's also what makes us way fucking cooler than Gammas. You guys can be boring as sin.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast