Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
Freedom-based games that also aren't so repetitive. When you play like Majora's Mask or Monkey Island 3, you're always finding incredibly new items that have an entirely different use, that you get to wrap your mind around, brand new scenarios and characters to deeply speak with, learn about the world and solve problems. It's like they're reinventing the game every step of the way. Not to mention graphics back in these days were better inspired and creative. Nowadays almost every game looks and plays similar to one another. The adventure genre has been making a slight comeback with awesome installments like Heavy Rain and Life is Strange, and so I've still been able to play and enjoy the more imaginative games out there.

While I like the adventure influences of RPGs, ie. Dark Souls, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy, and Morrowind, they are too repetitive in the sense mentioned. You aren't getting a lot of game content. But at least with a more repetitive game like Silent Hill 2 HD, you're getting a really cool and freaky atmosphere, so it's worth the experience. I love games that can nail imaginative open atmospheres of intriguing gameplay, which is why I put A Link to the Past and Banjo Tooie as my top 2 favorite games.

The games I most dislike are those without much exploration, ie. The Last of Us, Uncharted, Twilight Princess.

There are also the custom multiplayer games of Warcraft III and Starcraft II I forgot about. Real-time RISK ftw. When I'm looking for a true game game in the stricter sense, these are them. Perhaps the most random fun you can have. I loved the aspect of Custom Footmen games in being able to choose any 3 abilities you want, creating any hero strategy without limitations.
given the last comment, please look at this