View Poll Results: sociotype of Joseph Goebbels?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 20.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 20.00%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

2 40.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 20.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Joseph Paul Goebbels

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    theatrical.
    Stereotypes + observations = heuristics = plausibilities.

Btw I can see the creep as non Fe dominant, but EIE is my first guess.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm positive by VI alone that he is Ti dominant.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second pic looks like my really cool LII professor. Said professor is actually very theatrical, and performative, but in sort of a weird, half-shy way. Very LII. I'm sure if pushed he could *act* super-dramatic over-the-top, but I'm sure he wouldn't *want* to be that way, and that it would be uncomfortable for him Although, hmmm, he might get a weird kick out of it. Actually, no, I bet he'd get a weird kick out of it.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I'm positive by VI alone that he is Ti dominant.
    He does have that german-Ti look, not meaning that all german look Ti, but the germans that are Ti tend to have a specific look. Then again I am not a huge VI fan, but I would agree with this based on nothing more than a hunch.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    See thats why I don't consider myself an expert at VI, but... I don't consider you an expert either, so its pretty much just like one big shoulder shrug. I just find it funny how I'm supposed to be convinced from a single video clip, and your so confident in it that your laughing, stupidity really. Try making an argument instead of making ultra-confident assertions and showing a video clip with this whole attitude of "come on like everybody knows that, dur!, Hahaha". God I feel like I am back in high school. I don't even feel like taking the time to mention why exactly this is wrong from a purely logical POV, actually I just feel like resigning my life to all the super confident idiots out there, or better yet just laughing at them. Really I am not insulting you I just wish I was stupid myself, that way I wouldn't have to be pulling my hair out in frustration and we could both hold hands and do stupid stuff together and everything would be fine, but instead I actually have to see the errors in peoples arguments 24/7, and there boorish self-confidence doesn't make it any easier to get through the day.

Edit: ok I'll explain it.... after I've taken a hammer to the head and banged it repeatedly.

1) You can either say VI is true or its bullshit, there is no middle ground. If VI is true then there has to be something about a person's visual appearence that is correlated with a particular dominant function such as Ti. If VI is false then this is not true, therefore saying VI is false is a good argument and providing evidence to convince someone.

2) Now consider the idea that people of different ethnicities and races have different physical appearences but share a particular similarity in physical appearance with those of the same race and ethnicity. This is because of evolution, hereditary, and the isolation of particular cultures. You could disagree with this point and it would be reasonable if you provided evidence to bolster up this point.

3) Finally consider that if it is a german person who is being VI'd then it would be plausible that there is a particular look german-Ti people have. You could argue that he is not Ti or any of the other arguments in 1 to 2.

See each of these arguments; (1) VI is false and you cannot tell if a person is Ti from there appearance, (2) You cannot tell if a person is a particular race from their physical appearence, (3) Geobbels is not Ti.

Each of those arguments will succesfully disable any point I've made, because they directly address my assertions. A convincing argument provides evidence that is solid and factual and real world founded that makes me look at reality and think "maybe I've forgotten something". A video is real world, but how the f*** does a video on its own prove any of that to me. Can a video tell my why geobbels isn't Ti? No! Can a video tell me why Vi is false? No! Can a video tell me why people of a particular race don't share a certain physical appearance? No!

Plus this kind of weak argument gets delivered with a heaping helping of self-confidence just make me loose faith in humanities intelligence.

Really its presumptious but I feel your just trying to argue me on Fi-grounds, it a typical notion that people shouldn't categorize people into races and draw a parallel between physical appearance and race. In fact the reason for this is what the nazis did with the jews, and leave it to a topic about a nazi to bring this to the front of ones mind. The sad part about this is its a perfect illustration of Fi vs Ti in society. Look there is nothing wrong with attempting to draw parallels between appearance and race, the only reason it was wrong with the nazis is because they treated jewish people like lab specimens and not human beings and commited genocide against them. In this topic, there is no de-humanizing or genocide, so its really ok to talk about physical appearance and race, plus there are some very good Ti based reason why occasionally this is reliable, not all the time, there are expections, but whatever, I've already spoken too much and I'm prepared to get a mass of weak arguments that force me in another frenzied defense of my ideas.

Also for the record saying german-Ti was two mutually exclusive adjectives that are independant descriptors, they are not two interconnected adjectives that share a dependance, so I wasn't attempting to say something like all germans look Ti.
    Last edited by male; 06-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for German, isn't is the integral type of Germany a type?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    As for German, isn't is the integral type of Germany a type?
    Yup, LSI.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    @HaveLucidDreamz: hkkmr will kill me, but I still think that you are an ILE > LII (and also that munenori2 is an LSE > etc Delta > Alpha). Seriously.
    Lol hkkmr will probably be glad to have me out of his category, I feel like I give LII's a bad name because of my highly excitable temper when arguing.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Lol hkkmr will probably be glad to have me out of his category, I feel like I give LII's a bad name because of my highly excitable temper when arguing.
    Don't you dare leave. You're one of the "cool" LIIs.

Creepy-male

Right! Here's how he puts Ne ahead of Ti (again). When I'll hear you or other LII making such public assumptions, I'd be more understanding with your grievance, MatthewZ .
    Can't deny it I think I put alot of emphasis on Ne over Ti, but you've never seen me go off on a Ti frenzy, Ne to me seems like more fun to use than Ti, Ti is what I use to refine my Ne based ideas.

Perhaps I am LII-Ne? If not then I may be ILE. Either way I'm glad to have that degree of uncertainity (and please don't say that means I am irrational).

Anyways, I'll contribute a +1 to the Ti Goebbels group. I'll let Gilly and the other people do the debating though, I'm just interesting in reading on this topic.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right! Here's how he puts Ne ahead of Ti (again). When I'll hear you or other LII making such public assumptions, I'd be more understanding with your grievance, MatthewZ .
    I'll make such public assumptions when I'm in the mood for it. As of yet, I haven't been a big enough character here to attract that kind of attention.

Correct my memory if I'm wrong, but doesn't HaveLucidDreamz type himself as a 5? An Ne-LII 5 is much more feasible than any sort of ILE 5.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    See thats why I don't consider myself an expert at VI, but... I don't consider you an expert either, so its pretty much just like one big shoulder shrug. I just find it funny how I'm supposed to be convinced from a single video clip, and your so confident in it that your laughing, stupidity really. Try making an argument instead of making ultra-confident assertions and showing a video clip with this whole attitude of "come on like everybody knows that, dur!, Hahaha". God I feel like I am back in high school. I don't even feel like taking the time to mention why exactly this is wrong from a purely logical POV, actually I just feel like resigning my life to all the super confident idiots out there, or better yet just laughing at them. Really I am not insulting you I just wish I was stupid myself, that way I wouldn't have to be pulling my hair out in frustration and we could both hold hands and do stupid stuff together and everything would be fine, but instead I actually have to see the errors in peoples arguments 24/7, and there boorish self-confidence doesn't make it any easier to get through the day.

Edit: ok I'll explain it.... after I've taken a hammer to the head and banged it repeatedly.

1) You can either say VI is true or its bullshit, there is no middle ground. If VI is true then there has to be something about a person's visual appearence that is correlated with a particular dominant function such as Ti. If VI is false then this is not true, therefore saying VI is false is a good argument and providing evidence to convince someone.

2) Now consider the idea that people of different ethnicities and races have different physical appearences but share a particular similarity in physical appearance with those of the same race and ethnicity. This is because of evolution, hereditary, and the isolation of particular cultures. You could disagree with this point and it would be reasonable if you provided evidence to bolster up this point.

3) Finally consider that if it is a german person who is being VI'd then it would be plausible that there is a particular look german-Ti people have. You could argue that he is not Ti or any of the other arguments in 1 to 2.

See each of these arguments; (1) VI is false and you cannot tell if a person is Ti from there appearance, (2) You cannot tell if a person is a particular race from their physical appearence, (3) Geobbels is not Ti.

Each of those arguments will succesfully disable any point I've made, because they directly address my assertions. A convincing argument provides evidence that is solid and factual and real world founded that makes me look at reality and think "maybe I've forgotten something". A video is real world, but how the f*** does a video on its own prove any of that to me. Can a video tell my why geobbels isn't Ti? No! Can a video tell me why Vi is false? No! Can a video tell me why people of a particular race don't share a certain physical appearance? No!

Plus this kind of weak argument gets delivered with a heaping helping of self-confidence just make me loose faith in humanities intelligence.

Really its presumptious but I feel your just trying to argue me on Fi-grounds, it a typical notion that people shouldn't categorize people into races and draw a parallel between physical appearance and race. In fact the reason for this is what the nazis did with the jews, and leave it to a topic about a nazi to bring this to the front of ones mind. The sad part about this is its a perfect illustration of Fi vs Ti in society. Look there is nothing wrong with attempting to draw parallels between appearance and race, the only reason it was wrong with the nazis is because they treated jewish people like lab specimens and not human beings and commited genocide against them. In this topic, there is no de-humanizing or genocide, so its really ok to talk about physical appearance and race, plus there are some very good Ti based reason why occasionally this is reliable, not all the time, there are expections, but whatever, I've already spoken too much and I'm prepared to get a mass of weak arguments that force me in another frenzied defense of my ideas.

Also for the record saying german-Ti was two mutually exclusive adjectives that are independant descriptors, they are not two interconnected adjectives that share a dependance, so I wasn't attempting to say something like all germans look Ti.
    Holy shit, bro! I wasn't even knocking you You just mentioned something about German Ti looks and it reminded me of this German dude from some thread Parkster posted a few days back that I thought was hilariously pretentious.

Look I know you've been in a rash of spats lately with a few other forum members but not everyone's a hater, man.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Holy shit, bro! I wasn't even knocking you You just mentioned something about German Ti looks and it reminded me of this German dude from some thread Parkster posted a few days back that I thought was hilariously pretentious.

Look I know you've been in a rash of spats lately with a few other forum members but not everyone's a hater, man.
    ok thats fair enough, I get a little pissy when I spend too much time online which I think is my problem.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a strong sense of Ti from him too, at least from VI. I haven't really analyzed his philosophies or anything like that, but I do agree that the idea of "life as a war that must be fought and won" as a sort of beta value if not Se/Ni in general.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    I've always thought IXTj for Goebbels with a strong leaning towards ISTj, since the value themes he extols strike me as especially Beta in nature. A good example of this would be his 1943 'Totaler Krieg' (Total War) speech:

YouTube - Goebbels Total War Speech (Extract in German)

Lots of appeals to collective identity, heroic sacrifice, epic struggle, etc. Not that all Betas will believe in these things; many certainly do not. Nevertheless, the manner in which Goebbels presents these ideals is far more suggestive of / as opposed to / IMO.

Further, I would also consider Nazi Germany to be an essentially Beta regime as a whole. In light of the integral role he played within that government, arguments for him being Beta make more sense I think.

BTW, for anyone interested in that period of history, the movie 'Downfall' is worth seeing. The portrayals given of the various Nazi figureheads seem fairly compelling to me in terms of their historical accuracy.
    Welcome back, loved one.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My name isn't Deb...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    My first guess would also be LII, but I think there is a chance of IEI
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    I've always thought IXTj for Goebbels with a strong leaning towards ISTj
    I retract the EIE guess, which was based on his emo-silly speeches like the "Total War" rant. It now seems to me the dog had learned to bark like it's owner. LII, LSI, IEI all seem to be good bets.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(and also that munenori2 is an LSE > etc Delta > Alpha). Seriously.
    Feel free to make a thread about it. I'm curious what your reasoning is, since all I really remember was you saying something about me being Ni-PoLR because I never grasp the essence of whatever points you're trying to make.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't buy into the ISTj typing. The only reason he could be called INTj on the basis of those pictures is exactly the fact that he has the lean, scrawny features of an intuitive. The ISTj typing also doesn't mix with the reports of him being dreamy and flighty at all.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banal stereotypes. You should probably get out more.
    Newsflash: everything in socionics is a stereotype. You can't type anything without engaging in some form of stereotyping.