Thread: What would an LIE with a strong Ni subtype look like? (ENTj-Ni identification)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know a guy whom I type as LIE-1Ni, and he is a fairly good leader/director, not that ambitious, tall, thin, shaves his head, very frequently asks other people to help him with doing mundane tasks (low Se), doesn’t tell people what to do directly but will ask for their help when he wants to start a project, doesn’t seem to seek power over people, likes to work with an LSE, let’s his wife rule his life, is good with writing reports and talking with vendors.
    He is much less assertive than I am, and keeps everything on an impersonal level.
    I think that in many ways, he is better suited to running an established company than I am, although he almost certainly could not start a company.
    He is more cerebral than I am and less able to rally the troops or inspire people to either follow him or give him work.
    He has the sexually non-PC LIE sense of humor.
    Basically, a very nice, competent guy.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I'm getting the vibe of a more externally focused ILI. If that's the case, then what would be the difference between an LIE with very strong Ni (3Ni) and an ILI (just thinking out loud)? My assumption would be that they would essentially be an ILI via temperament but the functions would apply to them in a very LIE way eg. Fi suggestive instead of mobilizing, Si PoLR instead of role.
    Well ILIs are introverts, IP introverts, their energy is quite different from an EJ type if you look at their overall life. Even very Ni LIEs squander energy, are kind of loud, will initiate contact with people, etc.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well ILIs are introverts, IP introverts, their energy is quite different from an EJ type if you look at their overall life. Even very Ni LIEs squander energy, are kind of loud, will initiate contact with people, etc.
    Ah I'm pretty sure this is the football fan from another thread looking forward to talking to you soon
    I agree E initiates contact with people but not the loud part really, I think any type is capable of that more than the other
    I consider myself a really loud(scenario by scenario basis mostly) person
    Yea