Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Have you ever dualized with anybody, @Feathers? SLEs or otherwise?
    I don't think I ever have : (
    The problem with ITRs is that you can fall out with favourable relationships too, as they are not a guaranteed bliss ticket. But the most problems I have encountered have been with Se base and Se creative (a little bit less) men. The women are okay even lovely sometimes but the men make me nauseous and uncomfortable; Feels as if i'm talking to a walking can of steroids who also became a frat bro ugh.

Wish i was a type meme like you, troll <\3
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    The problem with ITRs is that you can fall out with favourable relationships too, as they are not a guaranteed bliss ticket. But the most problems I have encountered have been with Se base and Se creative (a little bit less) men. The women are okay even lovely sometimes but the men make me nauseous and uncomfortable; Feels as if i'm talking to a walking can of steroids who also became a frat bro ugh.

Yeah I guess if you've never experienced duality, that won't help tell your type much...And it is true that you don't always get along great with your dual.
    Well funny enough, I have the same experience with Se-leads--the women I often get along with, but the men make me feel as just as you described.
    But you said up above that you like getting an kick in the rear So this is confusing, lol.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kick in the rear, not the face. Because that's how they make me feel. I guess IEs can be used in non-constructive ways as well. And Betas have the world out on them, with every craven outlaw being a Beta or no type at all. ****** is said to have been EIE so go figure.

Anyway, yeah i like kicks in the rear as means of motivating me sometimes. Getting kicked just for the hell of it or getting thrown around like a pinball is not nice, exhausting and brutal to me.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kick in the rear, not the face. Because that's how they make me feel. I guess IEs can be used in non-constructive ways as well. And Betas have the world out on them, with every craven outlaw being a Beta or no type at all. ****** is said to have been EIE so go figure.

Anyway, yeah i like kicks in the rear as means of motivating me sometimes. Getting kicked just for the hell of it or getting thrown around like a pinball is not nice, exhausting and brutal to me.
    Lol at ****** being EIE poor, misunderstood Betas

But actually, most IEIs probably feel the same way as you do about getting a kick in the 'face', as opposed to the 'rear', and getting kicked around just for the hell of it, eek Maybe @BandD and @Hermit Soul can share their thoughts on this?

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ITRs only affect close relationships. I also don't think that doms systematically come off as "walking can of steroids" they can be pretty diverse people, like any type group. I've also had problems with doms, not all of them but often enough that I don't think I could be their dual. SLEs have questionable ethics in business and SEEs seem fickle and unstable in relationships, I need someone I can count on to watch my back. I don't think either type is up to the charge. I personally prefer rational types as they have a better moral compass built-in, too. Irrationals are naturally stronger when it comes to adapting to reality but I personally see the moral compass thing as more important.

Not sure why I'm saying this as this is about your type; maybe I'm trying to say that my experience with doms might seem similar to yours, but idk if it is. Not sure if the people you mention here are even egos at all; sounds like they are just frat bros you type as ego lol. I know you were joking but I'm wondering what experience you have, if any, with SLEs at a close distance? I've had mixed experiences with SEE at a close distance for example, and in my experience with an SLE friend in hs things went wrong at some point. It's not just my liking or not liking them based on stereotypes, I don't feel my relations with them are ideal. What's your experience?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    ITRs only affect close relationships. I also don't think that doms systematically come off as "walking can of steroids" they can be pretty diverse people, like any type group. I've also had problems with doms, not all of them but often enough that I don't think I could be their dual. SLEs have questionable ethics in business and SEEs seem fickle and unstable in relationships, I need someone I can count on to watch my back. I don't think either type is up to the charge. I personally prefer rational types as they have a better moral compass built-in, too. Irrationals are naturally stronger when it comes to adapting to reality but I personally see the moral compass thing as more important.

Not sure why I'm saying this as this is about your type; maybe I'm trying to say that my experience with doms might seem similar to yours, but idk if it is. Not sure if the people you mention here are even egos at all; sounds like they are just frat bros you type as ego lol. I know you were joking but I'm wondering what experience you have, if any, with SLEs at a close distance? I've had mixed experiences with SEE at a close distance for example, and in my experience with an SLE friend in hs things went wrong at some point. It's not just my liking or not liking them based on stereotypes, I don't feel my relations with them are ideal. What's your experience?
    Could be that I'm mistaking every meathead for Se egos sure. I nearly have no experience with it beyond the internet- All the people that I'm hanging out with are people that I've known for quite a while, and I have a problem with typing family and/or friends and people that I've known for, I just can't do it. So this isn't helping too much, I know. Maybe I'm just mistaking general roughness/raunchiness for strong Se?

As it has been asked by Troll before, I'm going to get on with the "positive dreamer!!!!" things: I'm not. I have a limited supply of optimism and it only runs so deep before the walls of my fantasies are brought down by a huge sledgehammer with "REALITY" and "INSECURITY" written all over it. I've known this IEI guy on discord, which used to type me as IEI saying that he "knows one of his kind when he sees one". Even then, he was a bit puzzled by me because he claimed I have pretty nice Ne, but went with the IEI typing regardless.
    Anyway, I could never feel "close" to him. We were both "unrealistic dreamer turds" like mrrrmaid's thingy says, but it felt like we were that for different reasons. I was somewhat more deadpan in my delivery of online humour and he had a slightly airier (?) aura which I attributed to Te PoLR. Entropic (if anyone here knows them) also said I don't seem like any Te PoLR type he's ever seen before.

I think my upbringing was more or less influenced by my environment in a way that makes it too apparent. If I had 5 euros for every dick joke made by classmates all throughout grades 5 to 12 i'd be living the Hugh Hefner life by now.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As it has been asked by Troll before, I'm going to get on with the "positive dreamer!!!!" things: I'm not. I have a limited supply of optimism and it only runs so deep before the walls of my fantasies are brought down by a huge sledgehammer with "REALITY" and "INSECURITY" written all over it. I've known this IEI guy on discord, which used to type me as IEI saying that he "knows one of his kind when he sees one". Even then, he was a bit puzzled by me because he claimed I have pretty nice Ne, but went with the IEI typing regardless.
    Anyway, I could never feel "close" to him. We were both "unrealistic dreamer turds" like mrrrmaid's thingy says, but it felt like we were that for different reasons. I was somewhat more deadpan in my delivery of online humour and he had a slightly airier (?) aura which I attributed to Te PoLR. Entropic (if anyone here knows them) also said I don't seem like any Te PoLR type he's ever seen before.
    "Unrealistic dreamer turd" was actually something @hag2 used to specifically describe IEIs that I stole because it fits me well even if I'm not IEI. I'm interested in what you said about being an UDT (trademark) in different ways and for different reasons. Like I'm usually "positive dreamer!!!!" and don't see any reason why my fantasies can't become realities (even with people telling me "no" irl). They're usually more like trial runs for things I'm planning on doing anyway so all positive, quite realistic and not all airy. I'm interested in hearing what sort of UDT you are and maybe that could give an indication to what breed of NF?

Also might be interesting to look at Sol's videos in his IR test because I found that all the Se egos I hated (much in the same way you are describing them) were gamma so actually I don't hate Se I just hate SEEs. SLEs I actually like. Normally I wouldn't give advice since I'm also on my typing journey but you seem to have similar experiences & opinions to me so maybe this can help
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    "Unrealistic dreamer turd" was actually something @hag2 used to specifically describe IEIs that I stole because it fits me well even if I'm not IEI. I'm interested in what you said about being an UDT (trademark) in different ways and for different reasons. Like I'm usually "positive dreamer!!!!" and don't see any reason why my fantasies can't become realities (even with people telling me "no" irl). They're usually more like trial runs for things I'm planning on doing anyway so all positive, quite realistic and not all airy. I'm interested in hearing what sort of UDT you are and maybe that could give an indication to what breed of NF?

Also might be interesting to look at Sol's videos in his IR test because I found that all the Se egos I hated (much in the same way you are describing them) were gamma so actually I don't hate Se I just hate SEEs. SLEs I actually like. Normally I wouldn't give advice since I'm also on my typing journey but you seem to have similar experiences & opinions to me so maybe this can help

I'll give Sol's videos more consideration then.
    As for what breed of turd I am, well. I used the term "disillusioned idealist" in my QA (i think? short-term memory oops) and that term describes me better than anything else. I also shift from periods of "I'm going to win a BAFTA or a Locus award" to times when I'm thinking "I'll end up under a bridge selling homemade prints in order to buy cocaine because that will be the only thing giving me a semblance of happiness". To the point where I don't know if I'm a positive turd or just a turd. I roll with this kinda-rosy-but-not-too-rosy vision of a life then have it all crumble whenever something goes wrong/not according to my view of how things should go for me. This, along with the beautiful hormones that wanted/still kinda want to kill me from within as a teenager turned me into a guy with a whiny streak sometimes.

I heard this settle after/once you're 20 years old. If that's so, then I can't wait to be 20 and finally do crap instead of dreaming about doing stuff.
    I am a pessimistic dreamer vegetable.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard this settle after/once you're 20 years old. If that's so, then I can't wait to be 20 and finally do crap instead of dreaming about doing stuff.
    I am a pessimistic dreamer vegetable.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    lol

It's probably more to do with filling your life up with stuff makes you too busy to dream / you get to actually do the stuff you're dreaming about once you're older I guess. High school was definitely the time when I was least 'present' in my life because who wants to be present for that. So you'll be a dreamer turd for life but in a way that enhances your life rather than serves as an escape from it, probably (hopefully).

anyway, going to positive and negative extremes like you is definitely not my style of dreamer turd (maybe I'm a realistic dreamer turd, instead? I tend to research & fact check my fantasies, which is why I'm confident & positive about them) so maybe someone with better socionics knowledge can explain that cognitive difference and help point you in the right direction ^_^
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher