• LSE-Si

1 5.26%

Thread: DA QUESTIONAIRE IN VIDEO

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah when I say subjectivist I mean in the reinin sense, when I say subjective factor I mean in the Jungian. the problem is they use similar language to describe very different things. all perspectives are inherently bound by differentiation and therefore limited, but if the accent is on the objective factor, which I think it is with Sol, then you can say he's attempting to draw on Ne (to whatever degree of success is sort of irrelevant). to me Sol never explicitly makes subjective judgements. I would agree there are elements of Ti and Ni by implication but Sol does a good job of avoiding directly hitting on them. I see no issue with Ti ignoring, even if a Ti structure ends up emerging as a consequence of his undertaking. to me he is in no way attempting to do such a thing, rather it is something others see in him because its their preferred method of evaluating the world etc

I think Sol harms his own case when he by implication makes claims that Ne and Te taken together make him somehow more "correct" in some metaphysical sense, but to say he's aiming at such a thing in the way philosophers such as LII in developing explicit statements on the nature of reality do, is very far from how Sol comports himself from my point of view. I certainly think he fails perceive that aspect, and you might think Ne would be more self aware as to that point, but it is after all only mobilizing and a weak function. in a certain sense objectivism is a lack of self awareness because it allows for the possibility in principle of being "most right" which I think is what creates this kind of scenario. LSI is more self aware not as a consequence of stronger Ne but as a product of a subjectivist worldview which contextualizes the self as one of many each with equal claim. what LSI does is gauge its activity not in terms of Ne correctness but Se correctness, in a sea of competing equally valid Ne claims, Se is the differentiating factor for LSI, i.e.: a form of might makes right, precisely because it is all subjective. I don't see Sol as really being on that side of things--he sincerely believes, however incorrect, that by Ne standards he is objectively closer to the truth

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole dichotomy objectivist/subjectivist is rather stereotypical of something that indeed should have another name altogether, but then most of Reinin dichotomies are often in conflict with each other, and with the types those dichotomies fall in. Like an LSE who's process-oriented, emotivist, aristocratic... and what not, it's one contradiction after the other, for a LSE.

No surprise to see in the notes of that page that "Ethics strengthens Subjectivism, while Logic—Objectivism.", just to further build on stereotypes, or you can call them prejudices, and so excuse in the same time a theory which is in itself intrinsically flawed.

No doubt though, pairing Fe/Ti and Te/Fi together is just the road to bliss.. they obviously share aspects in common but if such a road had to be found it would comprehend opposites, not the same qualities.

Another point that in Reinin is well mixed among many incongruences.

I don't want to discuss Sol's type further, I think we're viewing this from different standpoints, you think his view is objective, whatever you mean with it, while to me it's one of the most biased, and based on nothing but personal ideas. And that's why he's not a LSE.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I don't want to discuss Sol's type further, I think we're viewing this from different standpoints, you think his view is objective, whatever you mean with it, while to me it's one of the most biased, and based on nothing but personal ideas. And that's why he's not a LSE.
    yes to me this is you viewing his, in your view wrong, objectively oriented statements through a subjectivist lens. I agree Reinin is a mess, mainly because people take the semantic content to mean whatever they want it to mean, when its very narrow in its meaning and at the same time vague. it is true depending on how you intepret reinin, one could make him say anything or justify any position because he can essentially invert traditional understanding because of the ambiguous semantics of his signs. nevertheless this is what all I take it to mean

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yes to me this is you viewing his, in your view wrong, objectively oriented statements through a subjectivist lens.
    objectively oriented because based on an entire set of parameters that can't be explained if not by a call to some "N"? oh no, right, yesterday he said that those same impressions are logic... although logic is not about "impressions", they're Se.

super bias.

sorry I prefer logical consistency.