Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Socionics perceiving IMs and Neo-IP facets

There are two posts in a previous thread that refer to a study that attempted to find correlations between Big Five personality traits and NEO-IP traits (here and here).

The Big Five trait of Openness is generally strongly correlated with Jungian Intuition: this means that in Big Five, the Sensing types are not well-described, at least not in terms of positive language. I've tried looking at which NEO-IP traits might best describe Introverted Sensing and Extroverted Sensing (and also Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Intuition, to provide a contrast).

From the chart I did with the 16 Socionics types, I created 8 base IM averages (e.g. Extroverted Intuition is ILE + IEE): the reason why I didn't just use the original chart I did with the 8 IMs is because I wanted something which represented each base IMs in practice (e.g. as the primary Ego block IM). Of course this is especially speculative.

There are 30 Neo-IP facets (as described here): at http://ipip.ori.org, scales are defined by both positively and negatively correlated traits (so 60 extremes). I decided to group the eight or so groups of traits that possibly described each IM best. If more than one of the four Perceiving IMs scored highly or lowly on a trait, I put the group of traits under the one IM that was most extreme for that trait.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 06-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.