Thread: EII-Ne and IEI-Ni

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    These lyrics match my outsides, but not my insides!
    Wow... what does that mean?

Btw the Andy Biersack thing was kind of a joke... and it's probably not a very good example, as he just looks and acts more like a typical e4. But if you look at his interviews, then it's more obvious of his type.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Wow... what does that mean?

Btw the Andy Biersack thing was kind of a joke... and it's probably not a very good example, as he just looks and acts more like a typical e4. But if you look at his interviews, then it's more obvious of his type.

Ahaha, admittedly I am being a just a tad bit dramatic... But what I mean is that internally I am very passionate, emotionally intense and sensitive. I always have been. Things affect me more than I let on, I am not numb to pain nor am I cold or stoic. I understand my own and other's pain quite easily and try to light up the atmosphere when I can or if I care enough to. I'm actually quite warm and sympathetic. I just have been in environments and around people where I have felt the need to repress act tougher because of people not accepting me for I am. Because of that some people have come to believe I am cold and blasé.

Edit: Thanks for the video of the interview! Will check it out tonight.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahaha, admittedly I am being a just a tad bit dramatic... But what I mean is that internally I am very passionate, emotionally intense and sensitive. I always have been. Things affect me more than I let on, I am not numb to pain nor am I cold or stoic. I understand my own and other's pain quite easily and try to light up the atmosphere when I can or if I care enough to. I'm actually quite warm and sympathetic. I just have been in environments and around people where I have felt the need to repress act tougher because of people not accepting me for I am. Because of that some people have come to believe I am cold and blasé.

Edit: Thanks for the video of the interview! Will check it out tonight.
    Oh hmm, maybe you sound more IEI than EII.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hmm, maybe you sound more IEI than EII.
    I feel like a repressed IEI, tbh. I seldom feel comfortable showing people how vulnerable I am or how much I need them, I don't like coming off needy which could be an EII thing, but I don't really know. I am independent and I want people to understand this, but I also don't particularly like doing things alone. I need to do things in twos or groups of people who are on the same wavelength/who I feel comfortable with. I am not indifferent to emotions, I am very aware of what is happening around me... I am just choosey about who I show my love to and whether I want to deal with the intense emotions around me because it truly takes an emotional toll on me.

I also had a pretty narcissistic upbringing (my dad), endured a lot of emotional neglect and was raised in a pretty dysfunctional family dynamic so I haven't always been aware of my own needs, hence why I don't really like to cater to other's feelings or needs unless I am certain they are not using me for their own benefit. But I also tend to be quite self-sabotaging in this regard and at my worst push away people who try to help me, because I don't feel they understand me... which is pretty self-absorbed.

But what I do know is that I love the arts and self-expression through the arts, especially acting. But I was never encouraged to pursue these fields, to be honest neither of my parents knew what I was doing half the time or particularly seemed to care lol. Mum is better than dad in this regard. My sister got a lot of the attention, though, she is an overachiever. So a lot of the time I wanted to do something so my parents would consider me on the same level or pay attention to me, too, which weren't really true to who I am.

Furthermore, my social anxiety is off the roof, so I haven't always been confident performing in front of large groups. I know how to play music and am quite fond of music and acting.

Also watched that interview... I don't know if this means anything but I am far more expressive when I talk in front of the camera, I use my hands a lot.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think that's fairly normal for someone with an unhealthy upbringing.

Also watched that interview... I don't know if this means anything but I am far more expressive when I talk in front of the camera, I use my hands a lot.
    Yeah, EIIs are typically emotionally less expressive than IEIs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think that's fairly normal for someone with an unhealthy upbringing.

Yeah, EIIs are typically emotionally less expressive than IEIs.
    Interesting. Any good examples of IEI-Ni?

I also tend to pick and choose who I show my wide array of emotions to. If I am close to someone, they see all my crazy antics. If not then I tend to be quite reserved. It was worse when I was younger because I had a fear of being judged for who I am...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Any good examples of IEI-Ni?

I also tend to pick and choose who I show my wide array of emotions to. If I am close to someone, they see all my crazy antics. If not then I tend to be quite reserved. It was worse when I was younger because I had a fear of being judged for who I am...
    Well, there are a lot of them in the Female IEIs thread...:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...36#post1177636

Maybe Fiona Apple. Thom Yorke. Tori Amos.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...es-with-Videos