Threaded View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ESTjs (LSEs) and Fi suggestive aka dual-seeking

Fi determines ethics (right wrong judgement) in a circumstance.

Here's an LSE asking for ethics.

An LSE asks an EII "I'm going to quit my job because I can't stand these morons anymore. Now they are telling me that I'm messing up at my job. I also think that my coworker has been throwing me under the bus. I have another job offer and I'm ready to walk away. I'm not getting what I want. I want at least one day a week off from work. What they are doing is not wrong. What would you do?"

My first inclination is to listen and support. Then I would ask questions along the lines of certainty. What evidence do you have for an unsupportive coworker? If the answer is "I just know" then it just isn't enough and I would say "you should be more certain before you make accusations." LSEs would question further to discover or clarify the issue and thus having done so discovered that they were wrong in their initial determination. I would ask specific questions " what job did you mess up on? How do you know that your coworker is throwing you under the bus?" All to get LSEs to think instead of react emotionally. I would ask "what do you find are the benefits and drawbacks of both jobs? How do you find that the new job will allow you to succeed in the way that you want for the future? Is there growth opportunity in the new job?"

Then after all that's been answered and thought about I would say "I think that you are over reacting and accusing your coworker unnecessarily (which turns out to be correct). You shouldn't just walk away because you are upset and it's wrong to do it without a formal notice because this is a small industry and people talk to each other and rely on personal references so your reputation is at stake. It's good to keep your relationships on a cordial level with this network." LSEs say "yes, you're right. I'm just upset right now and I need to vent." I say "I wouldn't say or do anything dramatic; I would just stay calm and be polite."

Please don't quote this
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-14-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html