Thread: How to romance series: LSI

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst

I do not think that LXIs want to control anything or anybody not directly associated with their plans; they will even try to avoid offering opinions because the last thing that they want is more responsibility. However, they can be obsessive about fulfilling their plans and responsibilities, and if one is associated with either, then that person will definitely feel their attempts to possessively control their plan. If one is standing in their way, they can be absolutely ruthless and if one is the object of their loyalty or devotion, they can be so protective that they sometimes will attempt to limit that person's freedom for, as they would say, "their own good". This may be somewhat acceptable when they're right but when they're wrong, well.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Myst

I do not think that LXIs want to control anything or anybody not directly associated with their plans; they will even try to avoid offering opinions because the last thing that they want is more responsibility. However, they can be obsessive about fulfilling their plans and responsibilities, and if one is associated with either, then that person will definitely feel their attempts to possessively control their plan. If one is standing in their way, they can be absolutely ruthless and if one is the object of their loyalty or devotion, they can be so protective that they sometimes will attempt to limit that person's freedom for, as they would say, "their own good". This may be somewhat acceptable when they're right but when they're wrong, well.......
    Hahaha oh god, right. Better be right (responding to the last lines here).

Btw why were you addressing this specifically to me? I don't think I ever said anything against this. I actually agree with a lot of this description you gave. The one thing that doesn't apply is not wanting to offer opinions. I do offer them pretty easily. Except when I do see that it would involve too much time explaining further. If that counts as not wanting to take on the responsibility of doing so.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    .....Btw why were you addressing this specifically to me?..........
    It was your question to golden that was the catalyst for my thought. I perhaps should not have addressed it to you specifically.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Myst

a.k.a. I/O
    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Hahaha oh god, right. Better be right (responding to the last lines here).

Btw why were you addressing this specifically to me? I don't think I ever said anything against this. I actually agree with a lot of this description you gave. The one thing that doesn't apply is not wanting to offer opinions. I do offer them pretty easily. Except when I do see that it would involve too much time explaining further. If that counts as not wanting to take on the responsibility of doing so.
    @Rebelondeck, this is spot on for LXI's, with @Myst's exception for LSI's. It is a much better description of the LSI's actions than my too-simple statement that they can try to "control" me. In fact, it gets to the heart of one of the best things about LSI's, which is the fact that they genuinely care about people in ways which can be very supportive. This is a very long way from the narcissistic attention I got from my mother, who did try to control me.

I actually remember the moment when I first felt this concern in the LSI that I was seeing. We were just hanging out at her place, I had just fixed her car, she had arranged some flowers on her deck and was making dinner and we were just talking about anything at all, and I remember feeling truly cared for, sort of like coming home to a home that I never had, and being quietly astonished at how good it felt.
    In retrospect, the times that she tried to influence my actions were all directed at having us spend more time together. I travel a lot, and she once said she was angry at me for not being around more. But in a year, that was the only criticism she voiced.
    Well, we were once talking about feelings, and how I don't express them easily, and she said she wished I were more expressive, but she understood that that's just the way I am.
    Damn that Fe/Fi divide.