Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
I'm not sure how to articulate this. I don't assume that what I see with someone is what I get. There are many ways I cannot fully know another person. For example, I can get only a wistful inkling of what an adult was like as a child and as an infant, even if I have photos and video of them to look at. That version of the person has been superseded by the adult version. And even in the present moment, I feel that there's more to a person than they can make fully manifest, and also that they do not owe it to me to reveal everything about themselves, and I wouldn't press for them to say or show more than they feel confident expressing.

I find it would be disrespectful to expect someone to cough up more of the inner life than they do. That can almost be a form of interpersonal violence. I just try to get a feeling for what might be there and don't dig or poke into it much.
OK, I see.

I guess if I care about someone, or even if I'm just in a position where I am supposed to pay them some attention, the metaphor I've given in the past is that I put a quiet bubble of awareness around the person. I attune to them and kind of shut out other information. This came up in chat once and a coupla people observed it sounded like enneagram SX instinct, but I really don't know bc I find the instincts dumb so far.
That sounds umm, interesting. I don't know if it's an EIE thing or sx thing, or whatever in the specific form of this that I'm thinking of. I've seen this before though.

*wipes sweat from brow*
End of Inquisition for now.