Thread: Anyone want to take a stab at my enneagram?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone want to take a stab at my enneagram?

I know very little about enneagram.

have at it:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1129192

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's very little that I know but you seem like 6
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    There's very little that I know but you seem like 6
    Phobic?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Phobic?
    @Park is pretty good at this
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I could see either of these tritypes for you. 4 or 9 core and sp/sx , leaning toward 9. Maybe not 4 core just because you don't show a lot of emotion outwardly but still possible that you are holding back? Look at the 6 too but maybe 9 w1 is best for core type?

459 The Contemplative Archetype

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

*Most withdrawn/introspective-459, 954, 549

The 416, 459 and 469 all struggle with painful self-consciousness and inhibition.

Both the 451 and 459 are reserved and introspective and self conscious. The 451 is very critical of themselves and others.They are very particular and have a lot of shoulds. They can be strident. Dissatisfaction is visible as their energy can be prickly. The 459 is more reserved and passive. They wait to be included. They are approachable but hope that others will come towards them. They are quiet in their demeanor. They project a sense of stillness. Their energy is soft and yielding. Dissatisfaction is hidden like in the 479.

The 954 is more contemplative and the the 952 will be more focused on others.

9s have a great capacity for depth, they just avoid conflict. Introspective 9s with 5 in the tritype are the intellectual 9s. (9s with 4 are the deep, emotional 9s. The 9 with the 459 tritype is all of the above.

The 459 is the most reclusive type on the Enneagram. They are humble, modest and discreet. They can be ethereal and dreamy They are passive and unassertive. They are shy but usually display a pleasant countenance. They have complex inner worlds. the objective with the subjective. They are gentle, sensitive and avoidant. Since they are so reserved, they express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.

459 is a triple withdrawn...I imagine 459 to be more removed and cut off as a way of addressing any inner anxiety.

Yeah you would have a difficult time with the triple withdrawn 459, many people do because their withdrawal and withholding feels harsh or very uninvolved. That's the type most likely to not realize their anger until much later, or not express it at all because they get stuck in not expressing themselves and experiencing everything more internally. The 1 in your tritype makes you more likely to exprsss discontent or negativity while the 7 still wants to keep things light and airy. The 459 can have a heavy feeling which can be daunting to someone desiring to keep things positive and productive as your tritype or the 371 might be inclined to do.

A 459 would be pretty comfortable with separateness and solitude.
    [459]: Differences with 469 comes from the differences between 5 and 6 minds. 5 is like a withdrawn mind working alone to handle situations, life, and understanding, while 6 is more oriented to connections with collectivity and other people with thoughts. It's a receptive/expressive mind, using people as support for understanding and guidance. While 5 is more working alone, with its own maps and ideas.

As for the 4 5 9 part, ..It speaks to me, because it points to the actual awareness of the lack of love and the feeling of separateness for a 9. 5s and 4s are normally described as having the experience most rooted in separateness. Perhaps the distinctions are finer though. 5s representing a feeling of separateness of self, 4 representing separateness of identity, and 9 representing an awareness of separateness from "love" or from the "whole" of the universe.

E4 has the tri fixes 468 and 495 to deal with...where 468 push for a response while 459 move away. For example:
    4x5 moves away...stops to....push for the response.
    4x3 pushes for the response while moving away.

all three Reflective Solutions Enneacards
    (Enneagram Types: 4, 5 & 9) in your Enneaspread.
    Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems.

The 945 is very shy, sensitive and introspective. They need time to contemplate before taking action

594: Accepting and intuitive 5. Most sensitive and withdrawn 5, especially if self-preserving. Tends to be remote.

4-5-9 - The Introvert

A true introvert. The withdrawn likes to delve within them self in order to release their tensions and stress. The more problems that arise in their life the farther the find themselves from the external world.

459 - Knowledgeable and accepting 4. Most withdrawn and introspective 4, often an artisan, especially if self-preserving. Shy.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
    disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
    philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
    while associating groupings of information into larger
    theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
    shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.

945: Intuitive and knowledgeable 9. Most introspective, withdrawn and reserved 9, especially if self-preserving or introverted [or both].

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than say a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn, passive (9) and avoidant (5).

4-5-9 would rely on their sensations completely. This makes them the most self-focused of the types. Its about what you experience. Like a 9, they tend to avoid things they find uncomfortable (the keyword here is what they find uncomfortable. Not what is generally accepted as uncomfortable). Like a 5, tend to lean towards enrichment. And like a 4, establish their identity towards what they live through. Naturally, what we personally experience in ourselves (our emotions) are a part of what we experience. Since this type is so internally focused, they tend to live the most in their own minds and their own world. Thus, their five-fix tends to gather a lot of information on themselves. Their four-fix and ever changing sensations may make them slightly more likely to feel confused as to who they are. Experiencing this confusion, they may analyze this as a problem and perhaps something that shouldn't be(?). Well, like I said, I'd need to think about it more. But mainly, this fix relies heavily on what they go through and what they live through. Especially on feeling sensations. I'm not really quite sure on what else to say, really
    5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
    typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
    similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
    similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

The sx 469s want the security of that comes with a trusted relationship. Grief can feel overwhelming and many have shared feeling flooded. They also report that grief brings up fear.

Both the 469 and 269 tend to be passive. The 269 is more engraciating. The 469 is more aloof.

The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent making a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut! The struggle is with doubt and inaction.

9s fear being in conflict. 479 vs 469. Look at the level of confidence and optimism. The 7 brings a light touch with magical thinking, hoping for the best. In contrast, the 6 brings support and loyalty. Both are highly intuitive but the 469 has more doubts - The 479 is more future oriented, focusing on the possibilities. The 469 is more dutiful with a heavier heart, fearing that they can't make enough of a difference.
    ‎469s report a fear of making ten wrong decision and then having feelings of painful self consciousness and shame for having done so.... But also for not making a decision.

If 6 is dominant in the 469 tritype, there are more obvious fears and concerns. However, 946 and 469 are equally troubled by insecurities.
    All 3 types have a little paralysis through analysis. And all 3 hate conflict. ) The 469 experiences extreme self doubt and hesitates more than other 4s. It is a shy 4 but they do have their own opinions...they are just reluctant to voice them. The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions. The 964 is plagued with indecision too and can look like a 6 but they are not as inclined to seek opinions from others. They just avoid the conflict hoping it will resolve itself.

The 469 is the most doubting tritype regardless which type is in charge. It is also the tritype that most struggles with a constant sense of self. They can also be somewhat passive. The only tritype more passive is the 269. The 269 is happier in presentation.

Regarding doubt for the 469: I think Katherine said that the 4 has self-doubt, the 6 doubts themselves and others and the 9 has the believer/doubter dichotomy.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

469 is going to have more difficulty being separate from others. More shame and anxiety about being different. There would be more checking in with others.

(4)-6-9 - The Normative 4
    4-(6)-9 - The Withdrawn 6
    4-6-(9) - The Reactive 9

This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion.

6-4-9
    Accepting and intuitive, most emotional and passive, can think they are a 2 or a sexual subtype. Most doubting 6.

This will often explain why non 6s that are not self-preserving wonder why they run high anxiety. For example, the 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

946: Intuitive and inquisitive 9. Most inclined to hesitate and feel doubt and uncertainty. Most gentle, passive 9. High anxiety.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

Anxiety and worry increase with the 1 and doubt and uncertainty with the 9. Examine your motivations rather than your behaviors. This is especially difficult for the 6, but more so for the 649 as all 3 types tend to doubt as a defense strategy. This is the Tritype that is most reluctant to take a stand for their "own" opinion until they are angry. The 641 has all 3 types that fear making a mistake and being at risk for having done so. They tend to be more likely to show frustration and to correct and instruct others ( especially for the so 641).

your descriptions sound more like sp1 in the gut. As a sp6 you have a natural iine of connection to sp9. Research has shown that you move to your wings and lines of connection with the same dominant instinct running the show. When your sp6 moves to sp9 and sp3 it is momentary and adding to you sp6. When you shift in your tritype your sp6 shifts to the 1 for solutions and runs all permutations of the 1 driven by the needs and concerns of the self-pres. The confusion may be that sp1 worries much like a 6 but the focus is on improving. So your instinct may have made it more difficult to land on the 614. Take your time. The 694 is much more hidden and inhibited. The 641 is focused on the perfecting and refining...getting it right.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
    6s identify a source to prove
    4s identify a source to impress
    649 doubting, insecure

I'm 649 too...some days 469, and some 964
    My mind automatically scans for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever I'm focusing on *me* (for example putting myself 'out there' with my music - which is my absolute heart and soul). Whenever my self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever I've made a personal *effort* to engage or simply self-express to others, I'm basically a wreck.
    However if attention is not on me, I'm fine...often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with my inner self, entertaining myself with my mind, desires, fantasy...I can do that in my own privacy and on my own terms and I'm happy to not need others. But I'm too often pulled to find myself in the world (and show myself to it) to stay isolated for long. I can (and often do) get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing myself out there for fear of rejection and not being what I envision myself to be (wish to be). I have a lot of 'go along' energy that I fall back on when I need emotional and psychic rest.

I think my tritype is 469. It particularly plays itself out in the social realm via shame, feeling utterly different, feeling hunted when very insecure (with no real external evidence to back the feeling up) and then by succumbing to a desire to merge with the group by lying down and playing 'dead' like a puppy. The merging brings short-term relief until my need to express myself takes over. If I can't I feel sickened by my lack of authenticity, if I can I do which opens me up to feeling exposed and ashamed again so I withdraw to avoid feeling hunted.

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

The 649 ponders...thinks and rethinks. They are introspective like the 459...just more people oriented. Their shame is in making a mistake...they must get it right like the 461 but do not feel that they can easily say their opinion our loud due to a fear that they might make a mistake.
    As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
    Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.
    Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

Self-pres/Sexual
    This subtype is self-effacing also, but is generally more assertive. They may be the subtype of Nine which is most aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and at the same time, possibly the most frustrated when those boundaries are violated. They can be aware of being walked over and they might even be aware of the anger it causes, but they become frustrated with their seeming inability to control this pattern. This is true, to some degree, of all Nines, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, there seems to be a complex and interesting balance between the withdrawing energy caused by the dominant self-pres instinct and the assertive energy of the sexual instinct. This combination seems to raise consciousness of this dynamic.
    Getting healthy for this subtype, and for all Nines, involves becoming aware of this dynamic and realizing they do have the power to control their boundaries. Part of this must come from the realization on the part of the Nine that they have invited this overstepping of their boundaries from others by not defining them.
    Close relationships will usually work or not for this subtype depending on how well they deal with this issue.

Self/Sexual
    This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as “different from others,” as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.

I didn't quote the 5 or 6 but you can read the different stacks here:

https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/

Have you taken any quizzes to get an idea?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I could see either of these tritypes for you. 4 or 9 core and sp/sx , leaning toward 9. Maybe not 4 core just because you don't show a lot of emotion outwardly but still possible that you are holding back? Look at the 6 too but maybe 9 w1 is best for core type?

459 The Contemplative Archetype

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

*Most withdrawn/introspective-459, 954, 549

The 416, 459 and 469 all struggle with painful self-consciousness and inhibition.

Both the 451 and 459 are reserved and introspective and self conscious. The 451 is very critical of themselves and others.They are very particular and have a lot of shoulds. They can be strident. Dissatisfaction is visible as their energy can be prickly. The 459 is more reserved and passive. They wait to be included. They are approachable but hope that others will come towards them. They are quiet in their demeanor. They project a sense of stillness. Their energy is soft and yielding. Dissatisfaction is hidden like in the 479.

The 954 is more contemplative and the the 952 will be more focused on others.

9s have a great capacity for depth, they just avoid conflict. Introspective 9s with 5 in the tritype are the intellectual 9s. (9s with 4 are the deep, emotional 9s. The 9 with the 459 tritype is all of the above.

The 459 is the most reclusive type on the Enneagram. They are humble, modest and discreet. They can be ethereal and dreamy They are passive and unassertive. They are shy but usually display a pleasant countenance. They have complex inner worlds. the objective with the subjective. They are gentle, sensitive and avoidant. Since they are so reserved, they express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.

459 is a triple withdrawn...I imagine 459 to be more removed and cut off as a way of addressing any inner anxiety.

Yeah you would have a difficult time with the triple withdrawn 459, many people do because their withdrawal and withholding feels harsh or very uninvolved. That's the type most likely to not realize their anger until much later, or not express it at all because they get stuck in not expressing themselves and experiencing everything more internally. The 1 in your tritype makes you more likely to exprsss discontent or negativity while the 7 still wants to keep things light and airy. The 459 can have a heavy feeling which can be daunting to someone desiring to keep things positive and productive as your tritype or the 371 might be inclined to do.

A 459 would be pretty comfortable with separateness and solitude.
    [459]: Differences with 469 comes from the differences between 5 and 6 minds. 5 is like a withdrawn mind working alone to handle situations, life, and understanding, while 6 is more oriented to connections with collectivity and other people with thoughts. It's a receptive/expressive mind, using people as support for understanding and guidance. While 5 is more working alone, with its own maps and ideas.

As for the 4 5 9 part, ..It speaks to me, because it points to the actual awareness of the lack of love and the feeling of separateness for a 9. 5s and 4s are normally described as having the experience most rooted in separateness. Perhaps the distinctions are finer though. 5s representing a feeling of separateness of self, 4 representing separateness of identity, and 9 representing an awareness of separateness from "love" or from the "whole" of the universe.

E4 has the tri fixes 468 and 495 to deal with...where 468 push for a response while 459 move away. For example:
    4x5 moves away...stops to....push for the response.
    4x3 pushes for the response while moving away.

all three Reflective Solutions Enneacards
    (Enneagram Types: 4, 5 & 9) in your Enneaspread.
    Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems.

The 945 is very shy, sensitive and introspective. They need time to contemplate before taking action

594: Accepting and intuitive 5. Most sensitive and withdrawn 5, especially if self-preserving. Tends to be remote.

4-5-9 - The Introvert

A true introvert. The withdrawn likes to delve within them self in order to release their tensions and stress. The more problems that arise in their life the farther the find themselves from the external world.

459 - Knowledgeable and accepting 4. Most withdrawn and introspective 4, often an artisan, especially if self-preserving. Shy.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
    disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
    philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
    while associating groupings of information into larger
    theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
    shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.

945: Intuitive and knowledgeable 9. Most introspective, withdrawn and reserved 9, especially if self-preserving or introverted [or both].

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than say a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn, passive (9) and avoidant (5).

4-5-9 would rely on their sensations completely. This makes them the most self-focused of the types. Its about what you experience. Like a 9, they tend to avoid things they find uncomfortable (the keyword here is what they find uncomfortable. Not what is generally accepted as uncomfortable). Like a 5, tend to lean towards enrichment. And like a 4, establish their identity towards what they live through. Naturally, what we personally experience in ourselves (our emotions) are a part of what we experience. Since this type is so internally focused, they tend to live the most in their own minds and their own world. Thus, their five-fix tends to gather a lot of information on themselves. Their four-fix and ever changing sensations may make them slightly more likely to feel confused as to who they are. Experiencing this confusion, they may analyze this as a problem and perhaps something that shouldn't be(?). Well, like I said, I'd need to think about it more. But mainly, this fix relies heavily on what they go through and what they live through. Especially on feeling sensations. I'm not really quite sure on what else to say, really
    5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
    similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
    similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

The sx 469s want the security of that comes with a trusted relationship. Grief can feel overwhelming and many have shared feeling flooded. They also report that grief brings up fear.

Both the 469 and 269 tend to be passive. The 269 is more engraciating. The 469 is more aloof.

The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent making a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut! The struggle is with doubt and inaction.

9s fear being in conflict. 479 vs 469. Look at the level of confidence and optimism. The 7 brings a light touch with magical thinking, hoping for the best. In contrast, the 6 brings support and loyalty. Both are highly intuitive but the 469 has more doubts - The 479 is more future oriented, focusing on the possibilities. The 469 is more dutiful with a heavier heart, fearing that they can't make enough of a difference.
    ‎469s report a fear of making ten wrong decision and then having feelings of painful self consciousness and shame for having done so.... But also for not making a decision.

If 6 is dominant in the 469 tritype, there are more obvious fears and concerns. However, 946 and 469 are equally troubled by insecurities.
    All 3 types have a little paralysis through analysis. And all 3 hate conflict. ) The 469 experiences extreme self doubt and hesitates more than other 4s. It is a shy 4 but they do have their own opinions...they are just reluctant to voice them. The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions. The 964 is plagued with indecision too and can look like a 6 but they are not as inclined to seek opinions from others. They just avoid the conflict hoping it will resolve itself.

The 469 is the most doubting tritype regardless which type is in charge. It is also the tritype that most struggles with a constant sense of self. They can also be somewhat passive. The only tritype more passive is the 269. The 269 is happier in presentation.

Regarding doubt for the 469: I think Katherine said that the 4 has self-doubt, the 6 doubts themselves and others and the 9 has the believer/doubter dichotomy.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

469 is going to have more difficulty being separate from others. More shame and anxiety about being different. There would be more checking in with others.

(4)-6-9 - The Normative 4
    4-(6)-9 - The Withdrawn 6
    4-6-(9) - The Reactive 9

This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion.

6-4-9
    Accepting and intuitive, most emotional and passive, can think they are a 2 or a sexual subtype. Most doubting 6.

This will often explain why non 6s that are not self-preserving wonder why they run high anxiety. For example, the 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

946: Intuitive and inquisitive 9. Most inclined to hesitate and feel doubt and uncertainty. Most gentle, passive 9. High anxiety.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

Anxiety and worry increase with the 1 and doubt and uncertainty with the 9. Examine your motivations rather than your behaviors. This is especially difficult for the 6, but more so for the 649 as all 3 types tend to doubt as a defense strategy. This is the Tritype that is most reluctant to take a stand for their "own" opinion until they are angry. The 641 has all 3 types that fear making a mistake and being at risk for having done so. They tend to be more likely to show frustration and to correct and instruct others ( especially for the so 641).

your descriptions sound more like sp1 in the gut. As a sp6 you have a natural iine of connection to sp9. Research has shown that you move to your wings and lines of connection with the same dominant instinct running the show. When your sp6 moves to sp9 and sp3 it is momentary and adding to you sp6. When you shift in your tritype your sp6 shifts to the 1 for solutions and runs all permutations of the 1 driven by the needs and concerns of the self-pres. The confusion may be that sp1 worries much like a 6 but the focus is on improving. So your instinct may have made it more difficult to land on the 614. Take your time. The 694 is much more hidden and inhibited. The 641 is focused on the perfecting and refining...getting it right.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
    6s identify a source to prove
    4s identify a source to impress
    649 doubting, insecure

I'm 649 too...some days 469, and some 964
    My mind automatically scans for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever I'm focusing on *me* (for example putting myself 'out there' with my music - which is my absolute heart and soul). Whenever my self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever I've made a personal *effort* to engage or simply self-express to others, I'm basically a wreck.
    However if attention is not on me, I'm fine...often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with my inner self, entertaining myself with my mind, desires, fantasy...I can do that in my own privacy and on my own terms and I'm happy to not need others. But I'm too often pulled to find myself in the world (and show myself to it) to stay isolated for long. I can (and often do) get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing myself out there for fear of rejection and not being what I envision myself to be (wish to be). I have a lot of 'go along' energy that I fall back on when I need emotional and psychic rest.

I think my tritype is 469. It particularly plays itself out in the social realm via shame, feeling utterly different, feeling hunted when very insecure (with no real external evidence to back the feeling up) and then by succumbing to a desire to merge with the group by lying down and playing 'dead' like a puppy. The merging brings short-term relief until my need to express myself takes over. If I can't I feel sickened by my lack of authenticity, if I can I do which opens me up to feeling exposed and ashamed again so I withdraw to avoid feeling hunted.

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

The 649 ponders...thinks and rethinks. They are introspective like the 459...just more people oriented. Their shame is in making a mistake...they must get it right like the 461 but do not feel that they can easily say their opinion our loud due to a fear that they might make a mistake.
    As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
    Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.
    Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

Self-pres/Sexual
    This subtype is self-effacing also, but is generally more assertive. They may be the subtype of Nine which is most aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and at the same time, possibly the most frustrated when those boundaries are violated. They can be aware of being walked over and they might even be aware of the anger it causes, but they become frustrated with their seeming inability to control this pattern. This is true, to some degree, of all Nines, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, there seems to be a complex and interesting balance between the withdrawing energy caused by the dominant self-pres instinct and the assertive energy of the sexual instinct. This combination seems to raise consciousness of this dynamic.
    Getting healthy for this subtype, and for all Nines, involves becoming aware of this dynamic and realizing they do have the power to control their boundaries. Part of this must come from the realization on the part of the Nine that they have invited this overstepping of their boundaries from others by not defining them.
    Close relationships will usually work or not for this subtype depending on how well they deal with this issue.

Self/Sexual
    This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as “different from others,” as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.

I didn't quote the 5 or 6 but you can read the different stacks here:

https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/

Have you taken any quizzes to get an idea?
    Before reading all this, yes I have taken some tests. I usually score high on 4, 1, 9, 6 and 5 sometimes. I kinda feel like a 9w1, a 4w5 or a 6w5.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Before reading all this, yes I have taken some tests. I usually score high on 4, 1, 9, 6 and 5 sometimes. I kinda feel like a 9w1, a 4w5 or a 6w5.
    Oh, ok, cool. Then you have an idea already. I am a core 4 and still have had people say I do not seem very "emotional" which is sort of surprising to me but then again they have no idea what is going on inside me. I am way less volatile (sx first 4) now than I was when I was younger. I have gained a lot of control.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify greatly with some of the things in this. There are few things that I don't agree with, but its mostly on the mark.

Do you have something for 491?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I identify greatly with some of the things in this. There are few things that I don't agree with, but its mostly on the mark.

Do you have something for 491?
    Here is how the tritypes work. You will probably never find an exact fit based on descriptions (people are too complex) in any personality theory. The goal is best fit, imo.

Enneagram Tritypes

Understanding the system

The Enneagram is a system for typing personalities. It works with 9 basic personality types that are very different from each other. It is said to be the most in-depth and useful personality typing resource.

The centres

Each of the 9 personalities can be divided into one of the three main categories, the so-called centres:

– the heart (or feeling) centre. This is the centre of the human emotions. It is driven by a need to be affirmed. There’s always a feeling of shame and a fear of being ignored present. Types 2, 3 and 4 are heart types.

– the head (or thinking) centre. This centre deals with the thinking process of people. It is driven by a need to be reassured. In this centre, a feeling of anxiety and a fear of being in chaos are dominant. Types 5, 6 and 7 are thinking types.

– the gut (or instinctive) centre. This centre deals with human actions. It is driven by a need to be accepted. Gut types are characterised by a feeling of anger and a fear of being overlooked. Types 8, 9 and 1 are gut types.

The Tritypes

The Tritype Enneagram theory as developed by David and Katherine Fauvre goes that everyone has one type in each centre that is most important. These three types together make a person’s tritype. However, for each individual one of these three types is dominant. This is their main Enneagram type. Remember that this type is however hugely influenced by the other two types from the other centres.

A possible tritype could be 926. This tritype is interpreted as follows:

– this person has character traits from type 9, 2 and 6.
    – type 9 and therefore the gut centre is dominant.
    – in other words, this person will act first before feeling and thinking.
    – the second type is a heart centre type, the 2.
    – thinking (type 6) comes last for this person.

It even appears that the three types from the three different centres are way more important than the dominant type. In other words, a 874 will have more in common with a 478 than with a fellow dominant 8 type like 852.

The Heart Centre – feeling

Type 2
    Type 2 is the type that over-expresses their emotions. They are generally extroverted, approaching others to pay attention to their feelings. They are known as The Givers or The Helpers. This is because they tend to focus on the needs and desires of others. They extremely value helping people and get pride from being caring and generous. Helpers feel that in this way they will be loved. A downside or blind spot that they have is that they can be manipulative or possessive of others. There’s also a chance that they forget their own needs and focus too much on others’ as they avoid being needy. In the course of their life, the type 2 can mimic qualities of type 1, 3, 4 and 8.

Type 3
    Type 3 is the type that is numb when it comes to emotions. They are completely out of touch with them. Action-oriented, they strive for success. They are hence known as The Performer or The Winner. Efficient and driven, they want to achieve their goals. They are self-assured and extremely ambitious. They feel that they need to produce and achieve something in order to be loved, sometimes deceiving themselves that they have made it in the world. A blind spot can be that they are narcissistic or hostile, thinking they are a real success. In the course of their life, type 3 can mimic qualities of type 2, 4, 6 and 9.

Type 4
    Type 4 is the type that under-expresses their emotions, keeping them inside themselves in order to analyse them, thus being withdrawn. They are known as The Individualist because they want to be different; they seek to be special. Another name is The Deep-sea Diver, because they look for meaning in their life, themselves and their emotions. They are intuitive and have a knack for creativity. They feel that they need to be unique to avoid being ignored. A blind spot is their envy that follows when others have found a better life than themselves. They can also appear sad or self-absorbed because of their sensitivity to emotions. In the course of their life, type 4 can mimic qualities of type 1, 2, 3 and 5.

The Head Centre – thinking

Type 5
    Type 5 is the type that under-expresses their thoughts, keeping them inside themselves until they are absolutely sure they’ve figured them out. Hence, they are a withdrawn type. Known as The Thinker, they’re constantly trying to figure out how the universe works using objective logic to avoid being in chaos. They also have another title: The Observer. This is because they are distant from the world, people and situations and are very perceptive and original. Their greed is to read, learn and analyse information. A blind spot is that they’re provocative and eccentric, living in an ivory tower. In the course of their life, type 5 can mimic qualities of type 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Type 6
    Type 6 is the type that is numb to ‘head centre thinking’; they have trouble seeing things in an objective manner. The Loyalist wants to be faithful, responsible, dutiful and dependable. If there’s someone you can count on and who will be there for you, it’s the 6. They yearn for certainty. A funny thing is that this can be manifested in two ways: being obedient and cautious (the so-called phobic 6) or being rebellious and a dare devil (the counterphobic 6). A blind spot of both types of sixes is that they can be quite sceptic, doubtful and paranoid. They’re actually afraid of being afraid! In the course of their life, type 6 can mimic qualities of type 3, 5, 7 and 9.

Type 7
    Type 7 is the type that over-expresses thinking. It’s not that they are extreme know-it-alls, far from it. Instead, they use their amazing (thinking!) ability to see exciting opportunities and fun activities to plan a pleasurable life, for all of us. No wonder that they are called The Enthusiasts; they feel that being happy and entertaining is the path to being liked. Happy-go-lucky to the top, they want to avoid experiencing life’s pains. Their strategy is to be spontaneous and feel accomplished. A blind spot of the sevens is that they can experience gluttony, being excessive and maniac. In the course of their lives, type sevens can mimic qualities of type 1, 5, 6 and 8.

The Gut Centre – acting

Type 8
    Type 8 is the type that over-expresses their acting. They want to be strong and make an impact on the world. Making sure everyone is living a good, right and proper life, they are very protective. A name for this type is –unsurprisingly- The Protector or The Leader. Indeed, they’re just right for leadership: self-confident and decisive, they are not afraid to act. Not just competent, they also love being in charge and in control. They might practise the sin of lust, taking everything they want as if they’re on top of the world. Another blind spot is that they can be aggressive, angry and combative. In the course of their life, type 8 can mimic qualities of type 2, 5, 7 and 9.

Type 9
    Type 9 is the type that is numb to the acting that’s so typical of the gut centre. They feel that they have to go with the flow instead. Because they see and understand what motivates others, they have no desire to rock against the boat. They are often called The Peacemaker or The Mediator. They aspire to be peaceful, calm, easygoing and content. You might know one of them, with their popular phrase “I don’t mind, it doesn’t bother me”. They are incredibly reassuring, appearing to live to go along with others instead of having their own opinions. A blind spot is that they might become lazy, procrastinating and neglectful. In the course of their life, type 9 can mimic qualities of type 1, 3, 6 and 8.

Type 1
    Type 1 is the type that under-expresses their acting, keeping their desired way of acting inside themselves, making an internal library of what is good and bad. Idealistic and perfectionistic in every way, they are called The Reformer or The Perfectionist. They know very well what they feel is the perfect, ethically right way to act. Typically, the ones are principled and orderly and want to improve themselves and others. When this doesn’t work, they tend to become angry, despite thinking that they absolutely shouldn’t. Another blind spot is that they are so perfectionistic that they become critical and self-righteous, believing that they know the right way. In the course of their life, type 1 can mimic qualities of type 2, 4, 7 and 9.

Differences within types

You might think: the Enneagram theory tries to make typing people simpler, a bit like putting a box around them. This is partly true: people are very complex and it’s just undoable to categorize them. That’s why the Enneagram doesn’t do this as easily. In the Enneagram theory, there are plenty of variants that distinguish one type 2 from another.

Tritypes
    One of these differences is the tritype they have. As discussed before, according to the Tritype theory each person is a combination of three types: one from each centre. It even appears that the three types from the three different centres are actually more important than the dominant type. In other words, a 945 will have more in common with a 495 than with a fellow dominant 9 type like 963.

Development

Another variable is the stage of development a certain type is in. For each type, the Enneagram has formed an ideal life path: what to learn, what to avoid… It also describes what happens when a type becomes ‘unhealthy’ (i.e. only uses their negative traits).

As mentioned in the type descriptions, types can mimic other types. This exactly is what happens when a type ‘grows’ or, the opposite, gets unhealthy. In the diagram to the left, there are a couple of arrows between types. When following the arrows, you can see what often happens when a type gets unhealthy: it begins to adopt their own negative traits plus negative characteristics from a particular other type. When going against the arrows, you can see from which type a particular type needs to learn some positive traits (apart from using their own qualities).

An example: type 1 needs to learn to become less rigid and demanding: adopt the spontaneous, fun and optimistic qualities of type 7 (how to know that: go from type 1 on the diagram against the arrow to type 7). When 1s are under stress and unhealthy, they, apart from getting critical and self-righteous (the negative traits of type 1), they might get melancholic, dramatic, self-absorbed and extremely sensitive, which are the ‘lower’, more negative aspects of type 4 (how to know that: follow the arrows to type 4).

So far…
    The Enneagram theory thus takes into account that no one is entirely, a 100% one type. As stated before, according to Tritype theory, types adopt qualities of their other tritype types. Moreover, connected to their ‘level’ of development, types can move towards other arrow-connected types.

Wings

However, there’s more. Apart from mentioning the two arrow-connected types, 2 other types were also mentioned in the type description. That’s because the Enneagram diagram above isn’t random. Types that complement each other are put next to each other. Take type 3. Some 3s might lean a bit towards type 2, as type 2 is adjacent to type 3. This person is then called a type 3 with wing 2, or type 3w2. Other threes might lean towards the neighbouring type 4 and take over some qualities of that type. These are called 3w4’s. Keep in mind: the dominant type is still type 3; this is just a fine distinction that can be made between 3s. Some people even express their tritype with wings, like 2w1-8w7-5w4.

Instinctual variants

We aren’t done yet. Lastly, there’s a difference in how people try to ‘survive’. Surviving isn’t hard anymore in modern times, but we still have the instinct to either be self-preservational (sp), 1-to-1/sexual (sx) or social (so). You can add this instinctual variant to your type; you could be a 6w5 (phobic) sp. Some even add it to their tritype. It appears however that your instinctual variant is the same in each type of your tritype. In other words, when you’re a 2w1 sx as a dominant type, your other tritype types (for instance: 8w7 and 5w4) are also 1-to-1 or sexual.

Let’s look at the three instinctual subtypes. It first has to be stated that each instinctual variant is expressed a tad differently in each of the nine types. You might understand that a withdrawn, objective 5 is ‘social’ in a different way than an extroverted, helping 2. Okay, let’s go on with the descriptions. Keep in mind that this is about priorities (all types want to be comforted, connected or included in one way or another) and is a real, ancient times instinct rather than a personality trait!

Firstly, the self-preservation behaviour: to survive these types (used to) focus on acquiring safety, security, comfort, protection and basic resources like food, shelter and warmth. In modern times, this means that the sp’s search for well-being and can be materialistic.
    Secondly, the 1-to-1 or sexual behaviour (no, these types are no sexual maniacs!): these types used to form close pair bonds and one-to-one relationships and connections to survive. Now, this basically means that the sx’s search for an intimate soul mate.

Lastly, the social behaviour: in order to survive, these individuals (used to) focus on building and serving the community. In other words, the so’s want to be included, help society, want a good status and lots of friends.

Tritypes and archetypes

A question: do you already know what your tritype is? In other words, have you already decided which is the most important type from each centre? As said before, the tritype is an even better way to explain personality than the regular Enneagram theory (when describing someone only according to their dominant type). People with the same types in their tritypes are even more alike than those with the same dominant types!

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...gram-tritypes/

YWIMW

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your video, I'm thinking some kind of 5, 6, and 9 for enneagram - since you seem concerned with having your world kind of tamed and lucid and at peace so to speak (6), seem fine with being uncertain and detached-analyzing to death (5), and want a sort of calm and at-ease feeling with the world. Got that impression a lot more over "finding yourself" (bit more of a 4 thing) that Jeremy suggested and I doubt you're a 1 because you don't seem to have a lot of expectations of yourself or others. But you appear a lot more concerned with understanding yourself rather than forming an identity, which I'd say is a lot more emotionally healthy over identifying, so definitely 6 over 4.

I guess if you have to choose tritype, between 2, 3, and 4, 4 seems the best fit, but maybe they are all sketch. Why can't 659 be a type?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone think I could be 952?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have something for 491?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I stand corrected.

459 final.
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.