Thread: Socionics, the MBTI and the Pretense of Intellectualism....

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    So you're barely Introverted, correct?
    Sorry, those are backwards...

91% Introverted
    9% Extraverted

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Sorry, those are backwards...

91% Introverted
    9% Extraverted
    Ah, okay. Well, my personal understanding of the situation is that you are Vital (P) IEI (Highest preference N, second F) that is focused on your Weak functions (Turbulent).

One misnomer in your Original Post is equating smart/intelligent to knowledgeable. The former refers to speed at creatively achieving something, and ability to increase such is fairly difficult, but simply involves brain exercises; e.g. Luminosity.com, breadth of varying experiences, stuff like that. The latter is what you're referencing, and is independent of anything to do with typology.

Most "NT"s online are really probably other types, who subconsciously lie about how they actually are to mask their insecurities. This is why many of them come across as so abrasive with their "logic," because they are very overly eager to find some acknowledgment of intelligence, which leads to extreme focus and studying and spending years on a relatively arbitrary system which they state is proof of their intelligence (mistakenly calling T such) and using their knowledge and experience of the system for self-validation via argumentation.

Try not to worry about it. You try hard, do what you can do in life, and find other's who appreciate and value such, and that's all it's really about for anyone anyways.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Ah, okay. Well, my personal understanding of the situation is that you are Vital (P) IEI (Highest preference N, second F) that is focused on your Weak functions (Turbulent).
    Would that essentially mean Se-PoLR? Because I identify myself as LII-IEI, because I'm basically Se-PoLR with very weak and unvalued Te...

Jason

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Would that essentially mean Se-PoLR? Because I identify myself as LII-IEI, because I'm basically Se-PoLR with very weak and unvalued Te...

Jason
    No, that would be IEI with Te PoLR and Se Dual-Seeking. There's good and bad ways to do both. Keep in mind, in Socionics, "attacking" someone is essentially hitting their weak functions. Te PoLR means its unvalued, weak, and you're consciously aware of pain caused by people focusing on it. Se Dual-Seeking is having someone who knows to stand-up for your Te issues without you having to worry about it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're just in a not-so-great place by having to stay in your weak functions to watch out for them, due to lack of proper individuals to watch out for them for you, and vice-versa for they.