Thread: Club 16 or "Yes we can"

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered for myself LIE, IEI, ESI, and ILE. I've only been considered by others as ILI, so it seems.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I've considered for myself LIE, IEI, ESI, and ILE. I've only been considered by others as ILI, so it seems.
    One of your dopplegangers got officially typed as EIE. The officials, to me, seem to do conflictors sometimes. This would put you as SLI, operating on the social sphere in role+creative. People supposedly can't view Leading, unless they have the same or it is in their creative.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    One of your dopplegangers got officially typed as EIE. The officials, to me, seem to do conflictors sometimes. This would put you as SLI, operating on the social sphere in role+creative. People supposedly can't view Leading, unless they have the same or it is in their creative.
    Doppelganger? Who?

"the officials, to me, seem to do conflictors sometimes."

What do you mean?

Edit: Also, do you personally see SLI or are you saying I'm SLI wholly as a function of this supposed trick of perception?
    Last edited by Contra; 01-27-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doppelganger? Who?

"the officials, to me, seem to do conflictors sometimes."

What do you mean?

Edit: Also, do you personally see SLI or are you saying I'm SLI wholly as a function of this supposed trick of perception?
    Verglas over at PerC. There's a few people floating around that I've seen with behaviors similar to your own.

They type people as their conflictor, imo, sometimes. Probably due to conflictor being one of the most simple alterations of TIM.

Wholly as a result of the trick. I haven't given that much thought, to be honest. Most of my personal focus of socionics is female related, so I don't always file away anything on male variations. It did occur to me before that you could be SLI, but I also combine things back into sources; e.g., all types back into delta variants. If you just go strictly by ITR, on my end, at least, being intra-Quadra to myself would seem probable.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Verglas over at PerC. There's a few people floating around that I've seen with behaviors similar to your own.

They type people as their conflictor, imo, sometimes. Probably due to conflictor being one of the most simple alterations of TIM.

Wholly as a result of the trick. I haven't given that much thought, to be honest. Most of my personal focus of socionics is female related, so I don't always file away anything on male variations. It did occur to me before that you could be SLI, but I also combine things back into sources; e.g., all types back into delta variants. If you just go strictly by ITR, on my end, at least, being intra-Quadra to myself would seem probable.
    ok, I looked over there and it seems Verglas types ILI as well. Who is "officially" typing people? The only other type i really would consider for myself is LIE. Given that Se egos energize me far more than Ne egos and the fact that I don't really relate to may aspects of Si valuing, I think Im going to stick with ILI over SLI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I looked over there and it seems Verglas types ILI as well. Who is "officially" typing people? The only other type i really would consider for myself is LIE. Given that Se egos energize me far more than Ne egos and the fact that I don't really relate to may aspects of Si valuing, I think Im going to stick with ILI over SLI.
    You're using comparisons. The roots may not be correct.

http://socionicasys.org/public/proto...IE_Verglas.htm

Y'all's energy is pretty distinctive.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Trying to remember in order.

From 5 minute video where I do not speak at all because "non verbal". I did show videos where I do speak to some people.

EII (2 people)
    EIE (2 people
    IEI (most people)
    xEI (1 person)
    SLE (1 person)

Fi/Se (later reconsidered with more information)

and an honorable mention to:

ESE (without video or pic)

"The thinking of the introverted type is positive and synthetic in the development of those ideas which in ever increasing measure approach the eternal validity of the primordial images. But, when their connection with objective experience begins to fade, they become mythological and untrue for the present situation. Hence this thinking holds value only for its contemporaries, just so long as it also stands in visible and understandable connection with the known facts of the time. But, when thinking becomes mythological, its irrelevancy grows until finally it gets lost in itself. The relatively unconscious functions of feeling, intuition, and sensation, which counterbalance introverted thinking, are inferior in quality and have a primitive, extraverted character, to which all the troublesome objective influences this type is subject to must be ascribed. The various measures of self-defence, the curious protective obstacles with which such people are wont to surround themselves, are sufficiently familiar, and I may, therefore, spare myself a description of them. They all serve as a defence against 'magical' influences; a vague dread of the other sex also belongs to this category." --Jung

I will keep Jung in mind when dealing with some Ti egos.

* I was almost positive that @Sol would type me something different based on my non verbal because I didn't see myself very similar to his examples but I was wrong. I still don't see myself similar to most of his examples. Now I am really curious what his external cues are since I have disagreed with a lot of his typings. I think he should make his own non verbal VI guide to typing. He has to be using something other than his intuition. Something that sensors see (whether right or wrong).

I initially go on my first impression. Some people are harder to read than others. I often doubt my first impression and go into analyzing. I have gotten better at listening to intuition but I still have a nagging feeling I should not rush to judgement and give people the benefit of the doubt so I tend to err on the side of, I don't know anyone better than they know themselves and I am mostly past that kind of arrogance (so I allow some doubt to remain to keep myself in check)

From Nonverbal Cues to Perception: Personality and Social Attractiveness
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-27-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: for clarification

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I still don't see myself similar to most of his examples.
    It's so rare when someone agrees with most of examples, that I never saw it. Except high conformity cases. I remember a girl which claimed that agrees with me good. Well. I did a typing matching experiment and she got one of the lowest real matches with me. That girl is possible IEI and thinks herself as IEE. She's moderator and soon I've got a 3 month ban... probably just a coincidence. She likes me still... especially when in delta subforum I've noticed that I have no basis to think anyone there as delta, including her.

> I think he should make his own non verbal VI guide to typing. He has to be using something other than his intuition. Something that sensors see

Special kind of intuition of S types.
    Only Ne: watching and feeling to a description of what trait a human is closer. It needs training. My bloggers examples may be used to study to type similar to me: watch them and try to feel traits of types: dichotomies, ego functions, effects of your IR, etc. In every example and as general in people of the concrete type group. This should rise real match with me.
    I'm typing intuitively from the beginning - looking on a man and trying to understand to which trait description he's closer. You need to have clear understanding of every used trait, their difference. For dichotomies descriptions I initially found as useful Meged-Ovcharov short test, but there was nothing special - just a compact text.
    IR test may be used as starting material for studing - as you'll need to feel intuitivelly what is common in people of one type and to compare them by this common with people of other types. Your brain will activate your intuition good during this sorting. Base Ne types pass this easier and seems give more correct results. Those who find the examples of other sex as too not attractive, should use the examples of own sex for sorting.

> I initially go on my first impression.

It needs at least several minutes to get sure impression of type. Better to look several clips to check are the impressions same.

> I don't know anyone better than they know themselves

But they have no or worse skills to interpret correctly what they know.
    Some doubt is useful. My is ~10% as I change my opinions regularly. Remove examples from a list, move to other types, after time some return to new place or where they were previously.