Member Questionnaire 1 (LK4D4)
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty? Um, colorful things? Shiny things? Aesthetically pleasing things? Like nice cars I guess, I love those (in a mechanical way). Love's an attraction between two creatures that want to mate. A less edgy explanation would be it's when two people find specific qualities about one another enticing enough to, be, together..? Yeah.
What are your most important values?
Don't be prejudiced in your actions towards others. Don't do anything that you know would bring harm to others. Don't put yourself above others.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Nope.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War's lame, and I don't waste brain cells on it. Armed forces are there because other armed forces are, everything would be easier if people realized what they're throwing away.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Anything, really. Game mechanics (video games), Socionics, wrestling (the dumb awesome kind), everything. I've always liked video games, especially Mortal Kombat, Metal Gear, and the older Tom Clancy games. I used to be into WWF/E cause it's ridiculous and campy, and exciting (Even today I can appreciate it). I typically don't watch TV as it's so passive and boring but when I do it's Adult Swim, or Top Gear (Jeremy Clarkson is my spirit animal). Biology is what I'd say if you asked me for a desired job at this point in time. When I was a kid my grandpa gave me medical books to explain his cancer, so I always thought science was cool.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I don't like taking medicine, I prefer to let my body deal with it. Now I go to the gym and pay attention to myself, because I dislike being fat and unhealthy. Not worth it.
What do you think of daily chores?
Ha, haha, ha. Too lazy to do those. I would if I felt a sense of ownership or responsibility over my environment though. Like if it was my house.
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Favorite movies are the ones in the Three Flavors Cornetto trilogy. That British humor. Borat's also pretty funny, vulgar if nothing else. And as trashy as it is I like the Jackass movies, Superbad, all that.
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Thinking of if I'd be a disappointment to those who built me up and passed. Aside from that, Metal Gear Solid 3, full disclosure. Smile? Everything, everything's funny. Why? Cause being sad's a waste of time to me.
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Do I have to feel a sense of belonging? Does anyone belong anywhere? No offense. Am I being too arrogant? I hope not. Here, I guess I'd say around my friends, there I'm not worried 'cause I know what's cool and what isn't with everyone.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Too impulsive. Blame it on bad parenting, letting me play and watch all that violence, I was a bad kid, hurt other kids. Now I'm pretty hardline against such things. I dislike my inability to do things I don't wanna do. And my inability to read people. I never know what they really think of me.
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Funny? Smart? I do good on tests, like really good, without much effort. I hate when it's brought up though, there's so much more I'm shit at that I'd enjoy being better at a lot more. Sorry about the language.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
You know, I don't know. Dealing with people? Calming down? It's not easy to produce an answer to that. I wonder why. Maybe look at the weaknesses? Oh! I know! Being nicer to other people. Sometimes I'm a d*** and I only realize it after the fact. Obviously I regret it then, who'd want to be a d***?
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Having nothing to do. I get bored and antsy really quick. I react by pacing around my room, asking other people to do things, etc. Or getting increasingly annoyed if all else fails. Listening to loud music can be a good distraction but I have to wonder if it'll be worth it down the line.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like it when people are nice. I don't like a-holes. I also like smart people, but who doesn't? And that's such a simplified quality. Yeah, I like people who don't ruin the mood, and who have a good sense of humor. Oh and I hate overly controlling people. I get along with everyone, really. I have a reputation for being a coo-coo head due to my attention whoring behavior, and luckily it works across the board. Most people laugh at my savage behavior, so I keep it up to get along with as many as possible.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Too young to be concerned with sex, I was a high school child, believe me there are many reasons that's a bad idea in the modern world. In a partner? I want them to compensate for my weaknesses without annoying me. And to entertain me, I like that. They gotta like me, too. I don't know though, honestly I haven't considered it.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I'd make sure they weren't prejudiced. Sorry if I'm a broken record but like hell would I let my kid be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. I'd want to make sure they pursued their own path, not the one I want them to take. It's their life, not mine. Oh and no hitting. Not from them, or from me. Not sure what measures to take, I'd try to interest them in science I guess but if they don't care then they don't care.
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Sarcastically and arrogantly put down their opinion. Either that or engage them in a discussion about it if it's interesting enough.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Long as society provides for me I'll provide for it. People can be many things, no use in blanketing them under one view. A social problem? That's real funny. We've got a lot of those, but you've heard about them a million times already, so I won't waste my breath. Or, like, keystrokes. Yeah.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
If they like me I like them. I behave normally around closer people, show my real self. I cool down a bit, only go crazy when needed.
How do you behave around strangers?
A combination of nutcase and awkward. Shields you from any sort of attack if you look like a lunatic. Now if this is public or someplace you can't act like that, then polite, the usual. Like at restaurants, for example.