Thread: MBTI and Socionics Type Conversion Polls

Hybrid View

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's make this more convoluted. Strap yourselves in, ladies and gentlemen.

If you compare http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTJ.html (ISTJ) to http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...nsing_Introtim (LSI/ISTj), there's a decent resemblance, such as doing everything "by the book." Obviously the opening statements of the personalitypage description reflect the functions of SLI/ISTp, but that's the nature of MBTI. I will say that the trait of being forceful is more emphasized in the LSI description, while ISTJs are made out to be more peaceful and security-seeking. Maybe different ways of Ne-PoLR being expressed. I will also say that in my experiences SLIs and even ILIs are more likely to be "fact storehouses" because of creative Te, just as the ISTJ description describes.

If you compare http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ.html (INTJ) to http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...itive_Introtim (LII/INTj), the resemblance is more distant. Some traits match well, such as being idealistic and having high expectations from themselves and others, but there are many things that go against the nature of an Alpha NT, such as the emphasis on practicality and "not following ideas as far as they can" in regards to the INTJ description. Learning deeply (moreso LII) and having a plethora of interests (moreso ILE) are defining traits of Alpha NTs. With the emphasis on practicality, Te is more evident with the INTJ description.

yay, there's no right or wrong answer, woohooooooo, fuck this

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Let's make this more convoluted. Strap yourselves in, ladies and gentlemen.

If you compare http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTJ.html (ISTJ) to http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...nsing_Introtim (LSI/ISTj), there's a decent resemblance, such as doing everything "by the book." Obviously the opening statements of the personalitypage description reflect the functions of SLI/ISTp, but that's the nature of MBTI. I will say that the trait of being forceful is more emphasized in the LSI description, while ISTJs are made out to be more peaceful and security-seeking. Maybe different ways of Ne-PoLR being expressed. I will also say that in my experiences SLIs and even ILIs are more likely to be "fact storehouses" because of creative Te, just as the ISTJ description describes.

If you compare http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ.html (INTJ) to http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...itive_Introtim (LII/INTj), the resemblance is more distant. Some traits match well, such as being idealistic and having high expectations from themselves and others, but there are many things that go against the nature of an Alpha NT, such as the emphasis on practicality and "not following ideas as far as they can" in regards to the INTJ description. Learning deeply (moreso LII) and having a plethora of interests (moreso ILE) are defining traits of Alpha NTs. With the emphasis on practicality, Te is more evident with the INTJ description.

yay, there's no right or wrong answer, woohooooooo, fuck this
    Lol at "woohooo fuck this"

Anyway, if you look at subtypes, LSI-Ti doesn't have that emphasis on forcefulness like LSI-Se does, also LSI-Ti is more rigid, so all that can match ISTJ better. I agree on the Te creative thing and I don't relate to that myself. In MBTI I don't have a very well fitting type, tbh.

With LII/ILI and INTJ/INTP, yeah that's quite different, it looks like really a J/P switch there for INTx, while for ISTx it's a lot more ambiguous. Though INTJ is again closer to ILI-Te than ILI-Ni, it seems.

These are clearly just stereotypes and the functions or IEs are often deduced by just using a compilation of external traits, which is a big no no.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol at "woohooo fuck this"

Anyway, if you look at subtypes, LSI-Ti doesn't have that emphasis on forcefulness like LSI-Se does, also LSI-Ti is more rigid, so all that can match ISTJ better. I agree on the Te creative thing and I don't relate to that myself. In MBTI I don't have a very well fitting type, tbh.

With LII/ILI and INTJ/INTP, yeah that's quite different, it looks like really a J/P switch there for INTx, while for ISTx it's a lot more ambiguous. Though INTJ is again closer to ILI-Te than ILI-Ni, it seems.

These are clearly just stereotypes and the functions or IEs are often deduced by just using a compilation of external traits, which is a big no no.
    ILI-Ni is not as externally rigid as ILI-Te. In MBTI, the ILI-Ni is going to appear much like an INTP, without the Ti pickiness. INTPs that identify with Ti as dominant will think an ILI-Ni is just some other type because of ILIs lack of caring about every little thing being logically sound, instead preferring to be logical about particular things of interest. ILIs are the sometimes logical type.

I can see where ILI-Ni can be caught between MBTI INTJ and INTP.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Yeah, MBTI doesn't fit me well either. Good point about varying subtype descriptions too. I suppose you could argue that LII-Ne is closer to INTP than LII-Ti.

Yeah, seems that j/p works best (but not always) for intuitive introverts. Any EII/IEI want to add?

Welcome to MBTI.

Also, I've heard of INTPs and INTJs typing themselves ILE or LIE, on the basis that extroversion and introversion aren't defined the same across the systems.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    ILI-Ni is not as externally rigid as ILI-Te. In MBTI, the ILI-Ni is going to appear much like an INTP, without the Ti pickiness. INTPs that identify with Ti as dominant will think an ILI-Ni is just some other type because of ILIs lack of caring about every little thing being logically sound, instead preferring to be logical about particular things of interest. ILIs are the sometimes logical type.

I can see where ILI-Ni can be caught between MBTI INTJ and INTP.
    Yeah.. Tho I know ILI-Ni that types INTJ just fine in MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Welcome to MBTI.
    Actually I've seen MBTI fans try and go beyond that trait based aproach and Socionics fans sticking to use of traits only.

Yeah, seems that j/p works best (but not always) for intuitive introverts. Any EII/IEI want to add?
    You generalize a bit fast... I know both EII and IEI typing INFP in MBTI. (The IEI isn't going by functions in MBTI, just dichotomies)

Also, I've heard of INTPs and INTJs typing themselves ILE or LIE, on the basis that extroversion and introversion aren't defined the same across the systems.
    That's true, not the same definition.